T989 Menu Buttons not disabled in call

Search This thread

TheProfiteer

Jun 5, 2010
I searched up and down for this, but for some reason when ever I use many of the roms here my menu buttons are still active when I am in call causing me to push the search button and cause google voice search to pop up. This happens way to often.

It doesnt happen when I use the CM Windows based installer to install the rom, but the battery and performance on that is not too great.

Rushing's Roms dont seem to have this but I dont really like touchwiz, and when I try any roms with the uber kernel they all have this bug and I tried to search in those threads for this but the search engine could not find anything.

I think its UBER kernel related, but also the CM Rom with Diablo kernel does the same thing, and I looked up and down in trickster mod control for button behavior but I just cant find it.

Anyone could point me in the right direction at least?

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
I searched up and down for this, but for some reason when ever I use many of the roms here my menu buttons are still active when I am in call causing me to push the search button and cause google voice search to pop up. This happens way to often.

It doesnt happen when I use the CM Windows based installer to install the rom, but the battery and performance on that is not too great.

Rushing's Roms dont seem to have this but I dont really like touchwiz, and when I try any roms with the uber kernel they all have this bug and I tried to search in those threads for this but the search engine could not find anything.

I think its UBER kernel related, but also the CM Rom with Diablo kernel does the same thing, and I looked up and down in trickster mod control for button behavior but I just cant find it.

Anyone could point me in the right direction at least?

If it bothers you that much, don't use Uber. Simple.

TheProfiteer

Jun 5, 2010
If it bothers you that much, don't use Uber. Simple.

Its not that I dont want to use UBER or any other Kernel, if its something that IS as a result of the Kernel and everything else is works well I can deal.

but maybe its an issue thats been fixed and I cant seem to locate the thread because I maybe simply do not know how to word it correctly.

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
Its not that I dont want to use UBER or any other Kernel, if its something that IS as a result of the Kernel and everything else is works well I can deal.

but maybe its an issue thats been fixed and I cant seem to locate the thread because I maybe simply do not know how to word it correctly.

Ahh. So do the ROMs still have the problem if you don't flash a different kernel?

TheProfiteer

Jun 5, 2010
Ahh. So do the ROMs still have the problem if you don't flash a different kernel?

been trying it out with various different combinations.

Vanilla AOKP and CM seem ok.

ThDudes's CM 10.2 + Diablo Kernel (Kernel already fused into the rom) button issue still persists, UBER Kernel flashed with TWRP on both AOKP on CM button issue persists.

but then, if I reflash vanilla AOKP or CM through TWRP the issue will still persist.

Its either the Kernel or TWRP, as you "shouldnt" flash UBER through CWP i cant quite isolate the problem.

been going back and forth quite a bit here, I would love to stick with vanilla AOKP or CM but idle battery drain is extremely excessive, and they both crash when trying to change the governor.

I am just trying to find a good stable ground to operate on as I save up for an S4 and to have a well known return point after I go on a flashing spree.

I have only been dabbling with 4.3 based roms, so I havent had the chance to try any previous version roms yet, other than Rushing's Shadow rom which was great with battery, super fast, but sadly had touchwiz which i tried to get used to but it was missing alot of the things I needed.

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
I am just trying to find a good stable ground to operate on as I save up for an S4 and to have a well known return point after I go on a flashing spree.

I have only been dabbling with 4.3 based roms, so I havent had the chance to try any previous version roms yet, other than Rushing's Shadow rom which was great with battery, super fast, but sadly had touchwiz which i tried to get used to but it was missing alot of the things I needed.

I have been using Slimbean 4.3.1 with @Cl3Kener stable kernel for a long while. It has been rock solid for me.