[Q] need root access

Search This thread

El Taco

Jan 27, 2014
ICS will NEVER stop lag. Its ics feature (XD) if u want a unlaggy phone get JB or up with a 3.4xxx kernel. Mike's Legacy Xperia id a good choice , and its very suitable for a daily use. recently he gaved us a final CM10.1 version which i woul advice to you to try. :good::good: damn its so smoooth :cool:

Please read the eroot thread and you should know. Installing SDK tools doesn't hurt, so maybe install them and afterwards eroot ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

hmm, what do you think if i use jellybean cm10 custom kernel?? is it ok? im asking you personally because you're the master in this thing.. is there any recent update to jellybean cm10 custom kernel?:confused::confused::confused:

El Taco

Jan 27, 2014
Please read the eroot thread and you should know. Installing SDK tools doesn't hurt, so maybe install them and afterwards eroot ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

I successfully root my st15i using cydia impactor.. But some of apps can't move to sdcard such as youtube, facebook and maps.. Is it normal? But i can remove bloatware. :D:D:D

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I successfully root my st15i using cydia impactor.. But some of apps can't move to sdcard such as youtube, facebook and maps.. Is it normal? But i can remove bloatware. :D:D:D

its normal

n any rom , thats rooted u have full acess to system to remove all the stufff (bloatware u want) :)

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

hmm, what do you think if i use jellybean cm10 custom kernel?? is it ok? im asking you personally because you're the master in this thing.. is there any recent update to jellybean cm10 custom kernel?:confused::confused::confused:

use this rom, im sure you will be satisfied:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2227517

its the best jellybean xperienc u can get on our phones, & recently a pre-final release build is beeing released. just make sure u follow the install EXACTLY.

- u can allways rmove the stuff u not want with any root filemanager.
-cwm is in kernel

good luck

Reactions: El Taco

El Taco

Jan 27, 2014
its normal

n any rom , thats rooted u have full acess to system to remove all the stufff (bloatware u want) :)

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

its the best jellybean xperienc u can get on our phones, & recently a pre-final release build is beeing released. just make sure u follow the install EXACTLY.

-cwm is in kernel

good luck

This maybe sound stupid.but what is CWM and Recovery?:confused: what is their purpose?

El Taco

Jan 27, 2014
read this :)

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-recovery-android-z

CWM is just a special or modded recovery. its needed to install ROMs, do a full backup, erease specific partitions.

I just feel not sure to unlock bl and flash custom rom because I'm afraid it cause more trouble than solution.. Because im noob at this and afraid I'm gonna brick.my phone.. Even a bootloop scare the sh*t out of me.. Does the link for custom rom you gave me is stable because people have many problem and bugs when using the custom rom.. I just want to make.sure.no trouble in the future. :)

Sent from my ST15i using xda app-developers app

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I just feel not sure to unlock bl and flash custom rom because I'm afraid it cause more trouble than solution.. Because im noob at this and afraid I'm gonna brick.my phone.. Even a bootloop scare the sh*t out of me.. Does the link for custom rom you gave me is stable because people have many problem and bugs when using the custom rom.. I just want to make.sure.no trouble in the future. :)

i ca really understand you , as i was scared at the beginn too. nowdays if i get bootloop bcuz i test sth , i am like ''damn, again 10 mins work to restore'' or ''damn i have to power on my pc again '' X)...

to make it short its all about preferences. lets clear the question if unlock bl yes or no:

if you want root, i would say definetly YES. bcuz then you can use a custom kernel which has CWM inside, means u can ALLWAYS access it, no matter of bootlopp /wipes etc. bcuz its in the kernel. cwm in kernel + a backup is like a lifeinsurence. u can do a backup after setting your rom up + installing some needed apps. now if u get any trouble just enter cwm at (kernel)boot & restore it, all will be like before as u did the backup. it may take 10 mins but like said u will be allways secured on this. especially with root u can do many stuff which (soft)breaks yur phone - bootloop etc. thats why i allways recommend a custom kernel.

to roms:

ics is okay, but i prefer JB as its more fluidly, more power etc. it makes me happy while using this old phone. ics allways slows down, stucks at moments i really need the phone.. its annoying. also i allwasy used Cyanogenmod as its a clean & simple android with all the stuff u need & some special stuff, not found on manufacturer roms.

to LX cm10.1 JB rom especially:
this rom is absolutly stable for a daily use. & you are right it has some ''bugs'' but compared to all the pros its worth it. the bugs are:
- i thinks slightly increased battery usage but not noticable in my point & other say its even better than ics.
- the camera is absolutly good, sure ICS cam is better but not that much.
- NO radio.
. wifi sometimes ''buggy'' but it seems it depends to router. some have some small problems other have none (like me)

its hard to answer here as, like u say u want it finished fast. but installing (+unlock BL) will take some time. so u have to decide if its worth to you to invest it or to stay at ICS.

atleast i want to say, all i know where i done their phone said it was worth it to migrate to CM. & if you are once there & want back to stock ics with kernel. it doesent takes much time to , just refals a stock.ics ftf with flashtool may before installing CM do it once to have it done once & you know the way

Reactions: El Taco

El Taco

Jan 27, 2014
i ca really understand you , as i was scared at the beginn too. nowdays if i get bootloop bcuz i test sth , i am like ''damn, again 10 mins work to restore'' or ''damn i have to power on my pc again '' X)...

to make it short its all about preferences. lets clear the question if unlock bl yes or no:

if you want root, i would say definetly YES. bcuz then you can use a custom kernel which has CWM inside, means u can ALLWAYS access it, no matter of bootlopp /wipes etc. bcuz its in the kernel. cwm in kernel + a backup is like a lifeinsurence. u can do a backup after setting your rom up + installing some needed apps. now if u get any trouble just enter cwm at (kernel)boot & restore it, all will be like before as u did the backup. it may take 10 mins but like said u will be allways secured on this. especially with root u can do many stuff which (soft)breaks yur phone - bootloop etc. thats why i allways recommend a custom kernel.

to roms:

ics is okay, but i prefer JB as its more fluidly, more power etc. it makes me happy while using this old phone. ics allways slows down, stucks at moments i really need the phone.. its annoying. also i allwasy used Cyanogenmod as its a clean & simple android with all the stuff u need & some special stuff, not found on manufacturer roms.

to LX cm10.1 JB rom especially:
this rom is absolutly stable for a daily use. & you are right it has some ''bugs'' but compared to all the pros its worth it. the bugs are:
- i thinks slightly increased battery usage but not noticable in my point & other say its even better than ics.
- the camera is absolutly good, sure ICS cam is better but not that much.
- NO radio.
. wifi sometimes ''buggy'' but it seems it depends to router. some have some small problems other have none (like me)

its hard to answer here as, like u say u want it finished fast. but installing (+unlock BL) will take some time. so u have to decide if its worth to you to invest it or to stay at ICS.

atleast i want to say, all i know where i done their phone said it was worth it to migrate to CM. & if you are once there & want back to stock ics with kernel. it doesent takes much time to , just refals a stock.ics ftf with flashtool may before installing CM do it once to have it done once & you know the way

Thanks for convinced me to unlock bl. And also I want to ask :

1. What is the advantage using Lx10.1 cwm?

2. Can you personally show the step how to install the LATEST Lx10.1 cwm? Because the thread you give filled with words that I dont even understand. Just use normal english :)

P.S im running in gb, not ics :) and my friend help me with unlocking bl. So I dont need help for that. Btw, if unlocking bl and flash custom rom, will it unroot my phone? Its sucks if does tho.

Does Lx10.1 cwm have switch bar in the notifications like enable WiFi, bluetooth, brightness, sound, etc. I really thankful if that one is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: sud.vastav

sud.vastav

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2013
Manipal
Thanks for convinced me to unlock bl. And also I want to ask :

1. What is the advantage using Lx10.1 cwm?

2. Can you personally show the step how to install the LATEST Lx10.1 cwm? Because the thread you give filled with words that I dont even understand. Just use normal english :)

P.S im running in gb, not ics :) and my friend help me with unlocking bl. So I dont need help for that. Btw, if unlocking bl and flash custom rom, will it unroot my phone? Its sucks if does tho.

Does Lx10.1 cwm have switch bar in the notifications like enable WiFi, bluetooth, brightness, sound, etc. I really thankful if that one is available.

Oops! Accidental thanks...
It seems that you are still confused...
Let me try to clear your doubts/confusion
First of all CWM is a recovery. In general it is a kind of boot menu from where you can install files to your device's system or can install ROM( LX10.1 is a ROM). Another word used instead of 'install through recovery is' "flashing".
Lx10.1 is an ROM or in general an operating system for your device as Windows 7 is for computer.
You need to update to ICS if you want Lx10.1.
You should try it once and only then you can feel the advantages of LX10.1.
You will not lose root after flashing LX.
Installation instructions
-Update to ICS. 587
-Download the latest build of LX10.1
-Save a copy of the build on your SD Card.
-Unzip the zip on your computer and flash(this does not refer to flashing through recovery) the boot.img using flashtool.
-Boot to recovery by pressing volume down while powering on the phone.
-Do wipes as asked in LX thread. -Flash the Lx10.1 through recovery.
-Done.
And yes Lx10.1 have power toggles.
Hope I helped you...

Sent from my Sony iPhone running Android XP aka Symbian...! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im running in gingerbread

search for e-root app in play store. or look in general forum here. its easy
    Actually, i have try eroot before but it fail me.. The problem is my phone dont have root permission because dont have proper root access.. Does eroot give me a proper root access? Correct me if im wrong.. Im really noob at all this.. Maybe a detail explanation can help me to understand.

Hmmm...every phone can be root if you know how but since you are on GB firmware then just use Flashtool to root it....
    just follow THIS TUTORIAL on how to root....
    How about i upgrade it to ics and then i root it?

its up to you but i would suggest you try a look if your phone bootloader can be unlock...if it can be unlock then i highly recommend you unlock it and flash custom kernel....custom kernel is very good since all custom kernel are pre-rooted and all have recovery by default (CWM/TWRP or Both).... that means you don't have to root your phone and install recovery again and again...

its normal

-cwm is in kernel

good luck