[Q] Capacitive Buttons not lighting up?

Search This thread

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
Anyone having trouble with the cap buttons not lighting up? I just noticed today that they are never lit up, regardless of what I set them to do in the display settings. Even "Always On" does nothing. I know they work as they very briefly flash during reboot.

This isn't really a big issue for usage but it is weirdly annoying. I don't know that they ever worked really, just never paid attention.

Between this and the Camera taking forever to open I wonder if a return is going to be in my near future; I just hate that they'll probably give me a darn refurbished phone in exchange, although I paid for a new one. I've only had it for a few months

EDIT: Got it! Went through all the settings menus again and somehow power saving was turned on. I rarely use the Quick Toggles so I never noticed.

Last edited:

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
I'd recommend a factory reset, this is a really odd issue. A factory reset helped my issues, but I ended up exchanging my phone for other issues. I got a brand new S5, but I had only owned mine for a few days at that point.

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'd recommend a factory reset, this is a really odd issue. A factory reset helped my issues, but I ended up exchanging my phone for other issues. I got a brand new S5, but I had only owned mine for a few days at that point.

Thanks for the response... I got them back. See the edit above. Don't know how I missed that Power Saving was on but that was it. I may still return it due to the Camera problems, but that is another thread.