Keyboard Icon missing from notification panel

Search This thread

yobibrain

Jan 14, 2013
The keyboard icon is missing from the notification panel after installing a custom samsung based rom "leaked jelly bean"
Any help ?

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
The keyboard icon is missing from the notification panel after installing a custom samsung based rom "leaked jelly bean"
Any help ?

Which rom??? (There are loads based on the leaked rom).
Have you searched roms thread??

In future do not create help topics unless you are prepared to give the most basic/relevant info like which rom your actually using.

Also, do you need this notification? Just go into your settings and set keyboard there.

yobibrain

Jan 14, 2013
Which rom??? (There are loads based on the leaked rom).
Have you searched roms thread??

In future do not create help topics unless you are prepared to give the most basic/relevant info like which rom your actually using.

Also, do you need this notification? Just go into your settings and set keyboard there.

Omega v18 rom
Yes I have for sure searched rom thread and nothing found

In future do not just give helpless comments mocking other people unless you are prepared to the help they need it is like you implicitly assumed I won't reply or give the info you are requesting

Yes mr genius or why am i asking for it ???
and no I won't go into settings and set the keyboard cause it is long

If you do not want to help fine, but just do not write irrelevant comments

cabbyz

Jan 6, 2013
Omega v18 rom
Yes I have for sure searched rom thread and nothing found

In future do not just give helpless comments mocking other people unless you are prepared to the help they need it is like you implicitly assumed I won't reply or give the info you are requesting

Yes mr genius or why am i asking for it ???
and no I won't go into settings and set the keyboard cause it is long

If you do not want to help fine, but just do not write irrelevant comments

Lashing out won't really help you in these forums, most people aren't very forgiving and for the most part, most things can be found through a search.

I know for ICS there has always been the option to choose whether or not to show the Keyboard switching icon in the status bar. Its in the settings of the Keyboard and language input.

I'm on Biftor's JB right now and I have the icon in my status bar, but I don't have the option to choose the keyboard notification in my settings though so I can't really point you in the right direction. But with the keyboard in that rom, it allows you to swipe the spacebar to switch languages so the notification isn't necessary either. Maybe you could try installing a separate JB keyboard or the 4.2 Keyboards which are floating around in the S2 Themes and Apps forum. I've installed them before and remembering that they should have the option in the settings

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

By the way...
I did a search for keyboard in Omega's rom thread and this came up in the release notes...you might want to consider changing roms.

Based on XXLSJ Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (Date: 06/11/2012)
Theme:
Dithered Holo Background
Fixed:
Multiwindows Bar opening after reboot
Added:
5 shortcuts on lockscreen credits to Mirko ddd
Removed Keyboard icon from status bar
Updates:
adfree
hosts
By Omegas Team Member mythtrandyr:
Mods:
Ink Effect 16 colours
Phone mod with auto call recorder
Phone with Full screen Photo
Notification Panel (Like Note 2)
Option to add-remove and rearrange Toggle buttons
More Toggle buttons added (Assistive Light included)
Brightens bar on-off
Omega Settings new app:
Option to open app from Icon or from System Settings Menu
Mods included:
System:
Kill apps Button
LockSreen Settings:
Torch on-off
Skip Song on-off
Call Settings:
Auto Recording options
Increasing ringtone on-off