Latest HTC_IME.apk for Donut

Search This thread

carnegie0107

Jul 26, 2009
Springytown
Doesn't work on CM???

I just tried installing this on Cyan's latest experimental 4.1.99. I just booted after flashing the ROM, with wipe and freshly formatted ext3 partition. The keyboard installed, clicker said it could not be installed on this device. When I switched to the 'touch input', all it does is force close every two seconds or so until I switch back to android keyboard.

Weird... you'd think if anything, it would work on cyan's rom.

That said, Cyan, you're still amazing!! I owe you many more beers than I can afford to buy you.

Last edited:

Neemer

Oct 5, 2009
Here's a standalone version of HTC_IME that works on a stock Donut, ported from a very recent Hero build. Framework checks and keylogging removed.

No this isn't the present I was talking about, I'm just trying to get things in order :rolleyes:

Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/apps/HTC_IME.apk
MD5Sum: 1a2e9587cc2a0d0339050eb628b5e19d

If you want to use the calibration feature:

Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/apps/Clicker.apk
MD5Sum: 80776f4befd19b9253b5427796bf370f
Sorry - I am new to this - are there any installation instructions for this?

g1g

Aug 3, 2009
FLA......
Can some one please tell me how to install the htc ime please ... Can i do it from terminal (dont have adb on my laptop) on my phone if so what are the comands????? i tried astro the file show up but it just unzips it no install prompt or apk file am i doing this wrong i need that keyboard.....lol

DOHCtor

Apr 10, 2009
Southern California
Can some one please tell me how to install the htc ime please ... Can i do it from terminal (dont have adb on my laptop) on my phone if so what are the comands????? i tried astro the file show up but it just unzips it no install prompt or apk file am i doing this wrong i need that keyboard.....lol

change the .zip extension to .apk (do it for both clicker and htc_ime)

seriously guys, it's not that hard

lamusic

Jun 14, 2009
Hi, cyanogen good work, run perfectly on my rom, but i have a question, it's possible explain how remove the framework check and logging ? Or the name of file you are modified please ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

KeithLM

Oct 5, 2009
adb fails every time for me because it says it's already installed. I attempted to uninstall from adb but that fails also. I can't find this listed under Manage applications so I can't remove it there. So yes, this is hard for people who haven't done a whole lot of this. I had cyanogen 4.0.4 running just fine, now I'm hosed.

So seriously, could somebody please provide clear, step-by-step instructions for this?

KeithLM

Oct 5, 2009
OK, figured it out. For those that are also having trouble try this.
Put the HTC_IME file in the root of your sdcard with the apk extension.
Go into Astro, browse to the root and select the HTC_IME and choose uninstall.
After it uninstalls, select it again and install it.

Seems completely illogical to select the file on the sdcard to uninstall, but that's how it worked for me.

Neemer

Oct 5, 2009
OK - I figured it out too... right click on the links in the first page and 'save target as' a .apk and change the drop down selection in the save as window to "all files" - save these on your SD card and then use AppManager to install them... hope this helps - sorry everyone else - some of us are "virgins" at this ;)

jethro1138

Sep 14, 2009
I can't seem to get this to work... mytouch 3g, rooted, cyanogen 4.1.99, installed HTC_IME.apk via adb, it shows as installed, the Settings let me enable touch input, but I always get the same ol' Android keyboard.

I get the Touch Input keyboard when I run the calibration tool, but anything else, I get android keyboard.

There's no checkbox for android keyboard, so I can't actually disable it... can I? Am I missing something? Ok, I know I am, but what? :)

KeithLM

Oct 5, 2009
I can't seem to get this to work... mytouch 3g, rooted, cyanogen 4.1.99, installed HTC_IME.apk via adb, it shows as installed, the Settings let me enable touch input, but I always get the same ol' Android keyboard.

I get the Touch Input keyboard when I run the calibration tool, but anything else, I get android keyboard.

There's no checkbox for android keyboard, so I can't actually disable it... can I? Am I missing something? Ok, I know I am, but what? :)

You're halfway there.
1. Go to any place you can input text, like the google search tool.
2. Tap on that to bring up the keyboard.
3. Press and hold the text area (where the cursor is blinking).
4. A dialog should pop up, press Input Method.
5. You should be able to choose between Android and Touch Input.

You can go back and change this whenever you want using this method. So far as I can tell you'll want to switch to the Android keyboard whenever you go into the terminal because the Touch enter key doesn't work there for some reason.

jethro1138

Sep 14, 2009
You're halfway there.
1. Go to any place you can input text, like the google search tool.
5. You should be able to choose between Android and Touch Input.

Aha! I was even more half-way - I read somewhere that you long-press the space key. So I was kinda off to the side.

Thanks! That totally worked. :)

serkangunes

Aug 26, 2009
Can not install Clicker.apk

I managed to find a workaround for this problem.

-Install android 1.6 sdk.
-Install usb drivers properly.

-adb shell
-cp /data/system/packages.xml /sdcard/.
-exit

-Now edit the packages.xml in your sd card and remove everything related to clicker.apk

-adb shell
-cp /sdcard/packages.xml /data/system/.
-reboot the system and after reboot you should be able to install clicker without any problems.

pippocannelunghe

Jul 4, 2009
Roma

I had the same problem when I pushed htc_ime.apk into /system/app...
If you have done the same try by removing it...

dipeshb

Feb 13, 2006
Help for you Noobs

Ok i'm on 4.1.99 and have now installed it correctly, try this..

copy the 2 files follwing the link to the /system/app directory

Clicker.apk and HTC_IME.apk

1) copy Clicker.apk, HTC_IME.apk, and my libt9.so (after extracting the zip) to the root of your SDCARD.

Now if you want to use Terminal:

2) copy the /sdcard/Clicker.apk, /sdcard/HTC_IME.apk and /sdcard/libt9.so to the /system/app directory

$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cp /sdcard/Clicker.apk /system/app
# cp /sdcard/HTC_IME.apk /system/app
# cp /sdcard/libt9.so /system/lib
#exit
$exit

Reboot your phone.

When you are back in, go to the Settings, -> Locale & text - Then Uncheck the Android keyboard and check the Touch Input.

THat should be it, if you get a force close, then uncheck the Touch Input and re-check the Android keyboard, but this should not happen if you have done the above correctly..

This can be done using root explorer, much easier....

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• libt9.zip
    108.1 KB · Views: 166

TacticalVIM

Aug 10, 2009
tacticalvim.wordpress.com
Keyboard & calibration tool updated APKs work perfectly on my stock myTouch3G with the official 1.6 update, no hacks or mods - no issues installing, used Astro. I did uninstall the older version(s) & reboot the device before installing these.

Neemer

Oct 5, 2009
I see the clicker app installed but I must be blind not to find it and be able to use it... help please

PolarOso

Oct 6, 2009
For people wanting to do the install using their phone only (no ADB), this is how I did it:

1. From the home screen go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications and tick the "Unknown sources" option if it is not already selected.
  2. Open the browser app, hit Menu -> Go.
  3. In the address bar, type in the full location of the HTC_IME APK from the first post (http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/apps/HTC_IME.apk), then click "Go".
  4. The file will start downloading (unless you made a typo or have USB mounted or something), and you will see the progress bar.
  5. When the download is finished, click on the file to open it. This will launch the package installer. Click "Install".
  6. Once it is installed, go to the browser again, hit Menu -> Go.
  7. Long press the address bar text box until the context menu comes up. Select the "Input Method" option, then select "Touch Input".

You can use this process for any installs where the apk is available as a direct download online. The last 2 items only have to be done once to enable HTC IME.

Hope that helps.