[ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Search This thread

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
This rom is really kicking. Everything seems more fluid compared to stock+xionia I was using. I get way more memory out of this, too. With all my apps installed on stock+xionia I had about 21MB free. Here, I have 69MB.

I'm currently clocked at stock 600mhz. Compared to the stock+xionia rom, this uses way more battery. Well, unless my SetCPU froze at 600max, 245min, ondemand, even while the screen was off (which the profile is supposed to be 245max, 125min, conservative) because the widget never refreshed, which I assume means it's still clocking at that speed. If the clocking speeds did freeze then that's why my battery drained so much (100-68% in about 7hrs while I was sleeping).

How are your battery lives?

Edit: I notice when receiving a call, ringtones don't repeat. So the built-in short 1 second ringtones will only ring once.

Last edited:

sarfaraz1989

Jan 19, 2011
New Delhi
So anybody tried this ROM with O1's froyo kernel(patched ones)??? ?? Can they provide any inputs..If it works how does it compare to the CM7 porting being done mik and andy ???

Zerobarat1

Feb 1, 2011
Lol mate, do a nand back-up and try it for yourself , stop being a ***** and man-up . Worst case scenario , your phone won't boot even with a O1 kernel though I doubt it and you'll just do a recovery back to your old rom .

dburg84

Sep 14, 2010
This rom is really kicking. Everything seems more fluid compared to stock+xionia I was using. I get way more memory out of this, too. With all my apps installed on stock+xionia I had about 21MB free. Here, I have 69MB.

I'm currently clocked at stock 600mhz. Compared to the stock+xionia rom, this uses way more battery. Well, unless my SetCPU froze at 600max, 245min, ondemand, even while the screen was off (which the profile is supposed to be 245max, 125min, conservative) because the widget never refreshed, which I assume means it's still clocking at that speed. If the clocking speeds did freeze then that's why my battery drained so much (100-68% in about 7hrs while I was sleeping).

How are your battery lives?

Edit: I notice when receiving a call, ringtones don't repeat. So the built-in short 1 second ringtones will only ring once.

Yeah the ringtones do not repeat. I will flash a different CM7 when I get home to see if it is a CM issue or a specific aospCmod issue. Will let you know.

Battery life is great if you calibrate your battery.

66% with moderate usage. 8H 57m on battery. I'm on Optimus V 245-844mhz, interactive.

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
Hey dburg84, I went into ES File Explorer and played some of the ringtones in the system\media\ringtones folder. Some ringtones repeat in an endless loop while others only play once. The ringtones that don't repeat are the ones I tested as not repeating. Also, you can preview which ringtones repeat or not when you select a ringtone in the phone settings.

I don't know if maybe the repeating is embedded in each file or maybe there is a list in the system that tells it which ringtones can be looped.

Hope this helps.

Edit: By the way, the Voice Dialer button on the side by the camera button is mapped as a power button. So now we have two power buttons, lol.

Last edited:

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
Battery life still seems pretty bad. I calibrated and all. But when discharging the battery from 100%, should it discharge normally or whatever as long as it fully discharges? Because I had gps, full brightness, music, bluetooth, etc. to fully discharge.

Sent from my LGE-VM670 using XDA App

taha198

Can aac playback be enabled?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

stop being a dumb @$$ :(
why are people asking same question in each and every thread and spamming it.
Its still in alpha stage and dev are putting a lot of effort to iron out the flaws.
When every thing is fine and working you will be notified. In the meanwhile have patience and help in finding the bugs and stop asking questions.
Sorry but that is it.

xketch

Dec 23, 2009
Only things I've noticed that don't work or are glitchy so far.

Car Home opens and moves to notification bar, but doesn't actually show.
Headset controls don't work.
Battery seems to die more quickly than 2.2. Re-calibrated and have same issue.
After some time on, home screen tends to lag, I'm goin to try an auto killer and different home screen to see if that fixes it.
MMS incoming obviously.

Everythin else is perfect.

Edit: Uninstalled Adw. Installed Zeam Launcher and the minimal lag spikes are gone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3dg2E.png
    e4dwl.png
    mf1NZ.png

aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img
    MD5: e75e92d259c675b9dfd5113bd1cd0939
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    :eek: WHO EVER FIXED MMS IS LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!! this rom is officially a daily! thank u very much 4 ur hard work!

the fella in the first post that created this thread dont forget to use the thanks button to thank him ;)
    I thought Rom Manager would make it easier for everyone I'll provide a separate mirror for the next build

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Virgin mobile incoming mms working!!!!!!!!

new link is up ladies and gents with working incoming mms enjoy ;)
    TESTING... TESTING... WORKING!!!
    Don't know if you guys care, and this may not work for you, but......
    If you want a fix for the camera focus bug:Download & Flash:
    Fix_Camera_Focus.zip

I pulled the Camera and Libraries From the 04/27 Build of AOSP and built them into a flashable ZIP. I Love this ROM and i am getting sick of no focus on pix.

What Works:
    Auto-Focus (guides always stays red even when focused)
    Camcorder
    Barcode Scanner

Still Broken:
    Zoom=.1x-.5x (sorry)

If you get a could not connect to camera problem try re-flashing the ZIP that seemed to work for me.
    I also put this in to the 06/01 build of the ROM to test it and it seems to work as well.
    aospCMod-VM670-20110601-CAMFIX.zip
    Files pulled: /system/app/Camera.apk and the /system/lib/libcamera.so files From 04/27 ROM build

Image Taken of text on macro mode next to microSD card (Resized to 320x240)
    IMG_20110619_213917.jpg