MetroUI Theme by BroBot175 Beta 6 [9/4]

Search This thread

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
Ok so brobot has put up beta 6 which will do each rom individually as villain was giving him too much trouble. so the new way will have to update the theme for every rom and requests for the theme on different roms or rom updates will go to me through pm or this thread.

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Ok so brobot has put up beta 6 which will do each rom individually as villain was giving him too much trouble. so the new way will have to update the theme for every rom and requests for the theme on different roms or rom updates will go to me through pm or this thread.

hey dw its not your theme
ill try and do some ports myself but you can do some if you wish :)

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
forgot to say but ive put up about 5 ports that even has doen for you guys on the transformer

comment above^^ is that useing the version on the website or one you ported yourself?

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
Nice work :)

After actually reading the whole instructions I got it and backed up my original adw setup. Will you take any suggestions on icons? Thanks now my Transformer matches my wp7!

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
After actually reading the whole instructions I got it and backed up my original adw setup. Will you take any suggestions on icons? Thanks now my Transformer matches my wp7!

nah im porting to as many devices as possible at the moment
there is a PSD in the tiles.zip so you can make your own then send them to me and ill put them into the next beta if i think they are up to standard :)

simian60

Mar 15, 2005
Virtuous Prime (rooted stock with tweaks) version is here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByQgXuiURLjCa1R4VWZvWk9ucWs

if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Simon

Reactions: BroBot175

rickman2003

Aug 11, 2007
working on gnufabios rom

Hey brobot. Just want to report that b4 version is working on gnufabios revolver rom 4.0..
keep up that good work :)

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
woot i did it
i was wondering way to make Engadget widget show updates ? like the pulse one
and would i lose my setup if AOKP updated to a new build ???:( so basically i cant update my rom right ?

Not sure about the widget but to keep your setup you have to use titanium backup to convert it to a system app then back it up as a system app. Then flash your new rom and restore all your apps

Reactions: TheUndertaker21

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
theres and engadet widget?
pulse works fine
if your updateing from on version to anither you normally dont need to wipe anything and if you just flash it you will keep your setup
you will loose the system theme though if its not compatible

alunral

Oct 5, 2011
Milwaukee
What are you supposed to flash for the Android Revolution HD ROM? It says it's supported in the OP, but I don't see anything pertaining to it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Im Brobot175 (Rob) from over on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.
    A very friendly member of your comunity who goes by the name of mrevankyle sent me a PM a few days ago wanting a port of my new theme, MetroUI.
    mrevankyle kindly ported most of the theme for me as i have no experience in Villain Theme installer so all credit in porting this theme goes to him!
    I shall be watching over this thread and answering any questions about the theme itself but mrevankyle is going to cover this thread and answer any questions you have.
    Well heres the theme!

full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk - Click Me

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

Android Revolution ROM but Evan may help me port it to a few more roms on the eee pad
    To anyone else looking on this Forum is is also compatible with the
    Galaxy tab 10.1
    TouchPad
    Kindle Fire
    Acer a500
    and Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

I have just release a Boot Animation
    BootAnimation.gif

Downloadable here http://www.brobot175.co.uk/MetroUI/Setup1.html
    half way down :)
    enjoy
    OK that would be amazing I'm sure people on the a500 forum would greatly appreciate this!

Basically all the roms in our forum are based on the same leaked base so it should work for all. Besides the cm9 version that can't be hosted on xda because Thor made it.. I will pm you link to those files once I get to my laptop.

Thanks again !

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

Alright so thanks to this guy we have confirmation that the villain theme works on the a500 unchanged. It gave status 0 on the first try but after a re-download it worked so the problem is not with the file. So if you are having issues just redownload it and that should fix your issues. Clearing cache and data could not hurt either.

Also latest version of desktop visualizer removed the menu to set presets (probobly a bug) so here is the latest not bugged version
    >> View attachment jp.co.bii.android.app.dskvzr-1.apk
    Looks interesting, I'll try this when I finish my Monk episode and post some feedback later :D.
    sorry I'm new to this. I flashed Vanilia Theme B4.zip. Am I supposed to flash MetroUITilesAsusB4.zip next? I don't see desktop visualiser 4x4. Thanks for this.

Nope dont flash that just unzip it on your sdcard. It contains all the files you need to set up the tiles. And you get desktop visualizer from the market (play store now i guess)