[Q] no kies update for my GT-N5100!

Search This thread

farrokh_sha

Jul 5, 2013
hi guys...:cowboy:

here is what kies says when i plug in my GT-N5100:

This is the latest firmware.
*Current firmware version : PDA:MD1 / PHONE:MC8 / CSC:MD1 (XSG)

and settings>about phone says:
android version: 4.1.2

kitkat is listed in both sammobile and samsung update for XSG region ... why is the kies telling me that i have the latest firmware?? why doesn't it update?

another question: is there any problem with updating to kitkat? (like the s pen offset and something that i may regret doing the update)
thank you all :highfive:

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
hi guys...:cowboy:

here is what kies says when i plug in my GT-N5100:

This is the latest firmware.
*Current firmware version : PDA:MD1 / PHONE:MC8 / CSC:MD1 (XSG)

and settings>about phone says:
android version: 4.1.2

kitkat is listed in both sammobile and samsung update for XSG region ... why is the kies telling me that i have the latest firmware?? why doesn't it update?

another question: is there any problem with updating to kitkat? (like the s pen offset and something that i may regret doing the update)
thank you all :highfive:

If Kies does not notify you that there is a newer firmware it may be that you need to do OTA, as your provider will release the new Firmware. To check for OTA, you can go to About Device within the System, and tap on Software Update, and tap on Check Updates.

All firmware updates will mess with some settings, to clean up any issues, perform a Factory Reset within Security Settings of the System once the update has been performed.

To correct the S-pen issues with any update, just use the S-pen and trace from corner to corner along the edge of the display. You may need to do it a few times. As the S-pen feature automatically calibrates when doing the corner to corner trace. Be sure to trace to each corner til you end where you started.

farrokh_sha

Jul 5, 2013
If Kies does not notify you that there is a newer firmware it may be that you need to do OTA, as your provider will release the new Firmware. To check for OTA, you can go to About Device within the System, and tap on Software Update, and tap on Check Updates.

All firmware updates will mess with some settings, to clean up any issues, perform a Factory Reset within Security Settings of the System once the update has been performed.

To correct the S-pen issues with any update, just use the S-pen and trace from corner to corner along the edge of the display. You may need to do it a few times. As the S-pen feature automatically calibrates when doing the corner to corner trace. Be sure to trace to each corner til you end where you started.

thank you very much. i don't have any contract or provider. and i tried the OTA update too. again it says that "the latest updates have already been installed". what is its problem?!

i noticed that in its recovery, down the list of actions, it says :
"# MANUAL MODE #
--Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XSG
Successfully applied multi-CSC"
does it indicate anything about this problem?

Apr 8, 2014
well,

thank you very much. i don't have any contract or provider. and i tried the OTA update too. again it says that "the latest updates have already been installed". what is its problem?!

i noticed that in its recovery, down the list of actions, it says :
"# MANUAL MODE #
--Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XSG
Successfully applied multi-CSC"
does it indicate anything about this problem?

i dont think the country you're in is not supported yet. since i have the same problem like you so i googled for it.
and it said note 8.0 just rolled out for polland ans south korea only. i think we should wait for it :(
or u can get that firmware and upgrade with odin. but i dont think its a good idea cuz every country has different network type.