[ROM] Rock Steady / CM7 (GingerSense) (5-1-11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

waffle_

Mar 7, 2011
Gainesville, FL
If ya really want to gain respect, when you make your Sense theme, get the 6 bar signal icon working instead of just doing like everyone else does...the dockbar and then pass it off as sense ala what I did below, in 2 seconds ;)

t6wtjgz

This pisses me off because I can't make my phone look badass like that.

Can you walk through what you did...

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Man kifno please ingore all the mtuhafuc**** hatters. You don't have to earn anyones fuc**** respect. Man just respect your self and what you do and the rest will fall in place. Alot of these people jacking haven't released a rom or a themed rom but yet want to call you out. For what taking the time and dedication to bring something new/different?? But yet the same people are exactly the ones flashing what you bring. Huh AWAH. Gets on my nerve you made a mistake and you owned up to it. That's respectable. " themed rom or romed themed who gives a dam just flash it or don't. Good **** kifno keep doing what you do. And you are a good Developer.

Yea Its Me Again With the
Modified Hero

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Don't worry about all the negative feedback Kifno. We all respect what you do because let's face it, most of us just don't have the time to get into developing/tweaking/etc. I appreciate all the work all the dev's do here at XDA.

In regards to the "posting of a ROM"... many people do the exact same thing. For instance jaybob does similar and has for some time, as well as countless others. In fact, there are very few "original ROM creation/porters" so if these people want to get real picky specific then 80% of the ROM postings would fall into this same category. I see no reason it should not be in the "Development" thread because it is infact, a completely intact ROM and not just a THEME to be flash over it (with a CM7 base JUST LIKE AOSP Gingerbread I might add). You stated in your original post that it was approved by the ROM developer as the base build.

Keep it up man... :)

Mostly agreed, but just for some info: jaybob413, aosp, decad3nce, cyanogen/CM team, and many others actually build from source, meaning from the ground up. They do NOT theme an existing nightly/RC. There is a big difference. Now whether they choose to build from AOSP source (which is the base for CM7 fyi, or use CM source (modified AOSP), it is still building from source. I appreciate that kifno is learning and tweaking and whatnot, really I do. But it should be known there are big differences. I could do the same thing in a little bit of time, you probably could too. Some of his build prop tweaks have been proven to "do nothing" by Steve Kondik, and many were taken from dearmasfamily. Some of his ROMs have a similar twist. I am sure he will figure it out, given his perserverance, and I can't wait to see a ROM he builds from source. But know what names you're associating before you quote them, and know what they do. I hope kifno gets his first from source ROM out soon, I have a feeling that's how he'll gain the respect he seeks. I am NOT trying to start a war, I am merely pointing out some truths. Kifno, keep it up, the more you stick around here the more you'll learn. Peace.

R

ranger61878

Man kifno please ingore all the mtuhafuc**** hatters. You don't have to earn anyones fuc**** respect. Man just respect your self and what you do and the rest will fall in place. Alot of these people jacking haven't released a rom or a themed rom but yet want to call you out. For what taking the time and dedication to bring something new/different?? But yet the same people are exactly the ones flashing what you bring. Huh AWAH. Gets on my nerve you made a mistake and you owned up to it. That's respectable. " themed rom or romed themed who gives a dam just flash it or don't. Good **** kifno keep doing what you do. And you are a good Developer.

Modified Hero
Dude...chill out...no one, at least not I, am a "hatter", nor am I a hater. ;)
dl_ap_dining_mad_hatter.jpg

Nowhere did I do what could be construed as "hating"...Speaking truth is not hating, and Kifino wasn't even mad. So "simma down naw". If devs want to grow, and learn they need truthful, honest feedback. Many do appreciate Kifino's work, and that's great.

What was the point of all the swearing, BTW? Didn't really make your point any stronger.

thanku7

Aug 17, 2010
Dude...chill out...no one, at least not I, am a "hatter", nor am I a hater. ;)
dl_ap_dining_mad_hatter.jpg

Nowhere did I do what could be construed as "hating"...Speaking truth is not hating, and Kifino wasn't even mad. So "simma down naw". If devs want to grow, and learn they need truthful, honest feedback. Many do appreciate Kifino's work, and that's great.

What was the point of all the swearing, BTW? Didn't really make your point any stronger.

But, I think your feedback disappoint people who want to develop and post a ROM in this community. Please work for invigorating and boosting this community, not for deactivating.

Pyr0TeK

Mar 11, 2010
Isle of Android
Mostly agreed, but just for some info: jaybob413, aosp, decad3nce, cyanogen/CM team, and many others actually build from source, meaning from the ground up. They do NOT theme an existing nightly/RC. There is a big difference. Now whether they choose to build from AOSP source (which is the base for CM7 fyi, or use CM source (modified AOSP), it is still building from source. I appreciate that kifno is learning and tweaking and whatnot, really I do. But it should be known there are big differences. I could do the same thing in a little bit of time, you probably could too. Some of his build prop tweaks have been proven to "do nothing" by Steve Kondik, and many were taken from dearmasfamily. Some of his ROMs have a similar twist. I am sure he will figure it out, given his perserverance, and I can't wait to see a ROM he builds from source. But know what names you're associating before you quote them, and know what they do. I hope kifno gets his first from source ROM out soon, I have a feeling that's how he'll gain the respect he seeks. I am NOT trying to start a war, I am merely pointing out some truths. Kifno, keep it up, the more you stick around here the more you'll learn. Peace.
Kifno... just add the CM7 word to your OP and note that this is not built from the ground up to stop all the retarded backlashing going on so we can get on with testing and whatnot. I mean really... this is retarded. If people don't have something to say pertaining to this build... they should keep their mouths shut (other than maybe they think you are misrepresenting what you have offered here on your thread by your description of what is is which you have pretty much fixed already in the OP). This is the kind of crap that runs DEV's off... having to deal with BS that absolutely DOES NOT MATTER. That's all I'm saying about this... (now can I have my last 5 minutes back from having to vent about pointless postings?... thanks) I'm obviously an idiot and know nothing about who does what in this forum as so pointed out to me.

...and I, for one, can say his build.prop v1.0 has helped my 3G speed where I am located and with my phone. That's "proven" enough for me and not based on what someone else has said about it. Thanks.

Maybe change the thread name to [CM7 ROM+Extension] or [CM7+SenseLikeUI] as it is more than just an overlay.

Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Kifno... just add the CM7 word to your OP and note that this is not built from the ground up to stop all the retarded backlashing going on so we can get on with testing and whatnot. I mean really... this is retarded. If people don't have something to say pertaining to this build... they should keep their mouths shut (other than maybe they think you are misrepresenting what you have offered here on your thread by your description of what is is which you have pretty much fixed already in the OP). This is the kind of crap that runs DEV's off... having to deal with BS that absolutely DOES NOT MATTER. That's all I'm saying about this... (now can I have my last 5 minutes back from having to vent about pointless postings?... thanks) I'm obviously an idiot and know nothing about who does what in this forum as so pointed out to me.

...and I, for one, can say his build.prop v1.0 has helped my 3G speed where I am located and with my phone. That's "proven" enough for me and not based on what someone else has said about it. Thanks.

Maybe change the thread name to [CM7 ROM+Extension] or [CM7+SenseLikeUI] as it is more than just an overlay.

Whoa, I guess I should've put more sugar in my post. I was merely giving some info, not being retarded. Nor was I trying to bash you. I didn't say his tweaks did nothing, I said "some" of his tweaks. Also, I don't think he needs to change his title anymore. Also, there are plenty of devs who don't build from source that are a great asset to the community, like those who port ROMs from other devices and tweak them, or those who create completed themed roms. I appreciate them as much as any other dev, I was merely pointing out a difference. I apologize for having offended you, it was not my intention. I believe my post was clear enough in regards to my opinion of kifno, so I will leave that be. I really hope more people continue to dev the heroc, it really is a lot of fun. Have a good day, I hope school treats you well.

Pyr0TeK

Mar 11, 2010
Isle of Android
Whoa, I guess I should've put more sugar in my post...
I like sugar. :) No hard feelings. I understand where you are coming from also...

Damn... I just got my AOSPGB all set back up and now I guess I'm going to have to give this a try to see what's what in comparison. I wish a had a nickle for every time I've rebuilt my phone... I'd be a millionaire. :cool:

A

AspenTree

If ya really want to gain respect, when you make your Sense theme, get the 6 bar signal icon working instead of just doing like everyone else does...the dockbar and then pass it off as sense. ;) I tried and couldn't get it going

*EDIT* Pic was for demonstration purposes only. Removed to not clog my Dropbox with unneeded files ;)

That seems easy....ill mess with the apps and framework :)

A

AspenTree

Don't worry about all the negative feedback Kifno. We all respect what you do because let's face it, most of us just don't have the time to get into developing/tweaking/etc. I appreciate all the work all the dev's do here at XDA.

In regards to the "posting of a ROM"... many people do the exact same thing. For instance jaybob does similar and has for some time, as well as countless others. In fact, there are very few "original ROM creation/porters" so if these people want to get real picky specific then 80% of the ROM postings would fall into this same category. I see no reason it should not be in the "Development" thread because it is infact, a completely intact ROM and not just a THEME to be flash over it (with a CM7 base JUST LIKE AOSP Gingerbread I might add). You stated in your original post that it was approved by the ROM developer as the base build.

Keep it up man... :)

Thanks for the support I will continue working hard on our heroes :) :)

Pm me picture I didn't get to see

A

AspenTree

Modified Hero

Again thanks for the support everyone :)

A

AspenTree

I was going to release this Rom by building from source lol that is too easy. Thing is that virtualbox and usb on my windows 7 desktop don't play well bc I still can't figure out how to get usb and and shell to work in virtualbox ubuntu. If I could then I could build from source bc I need adb to compile from source. So believe me once I figure that out ill be compiling from source bc its easy that is the one issue I have now :)

As for the tweaks that do nothing they are removed in v1.1 and so are dearmasfamlies tweaks bc I want it to be strictly my work. So nothing else to say there.

Again I will compile from source ASAP once my usb issue is solved :)

A

AspenTree

But, I think your feedback disappoint people who want to develop and post a ROM in this community. Please work for invigorating and boosting this community, not for deactivating.

Lol I rarely ever get mad its fine. I like that and all other feedback bc it makes me want to develope and release my best work even more. But it also is what makes me improve it as well, it gives me that push to learn and do better and hopefully one day release my ultimate project. One that will be loved by all with only positive comments bc it is flawless..but that day is far away but it will come one day and soon :)

A

AspenTree

I will fix title...again lol and glad to see you like my v1.0 tweak :)

A

AspenTree

Whoa, I guess I should've put more sugar in my post. I was merely giving some info, not being retarded. Nor was I trying to bash you. I didn't say his tweaks did nothing, I said "some" of his tweaks. Also, I don't think he needs to change his title anymore. Also, there are plenty of devs who don't build from source that are a great asset to the community, like those who port ROMs from other devices and tweak them, or those who create completed themed roms. I appreciate them as much as any other dev, I was merely pointing out a difference. I apologize for having offended you, it was not my intention. I believe my post was clear enough in regards to my opinion of kifno, so I will leave that be. I really hope more people continue to dev the heroc, it really is a lot of fun. Have a good day, I hope school treats you well.

Read my post about compiling from source :) and I love/hate school. And fun = development for the heroc :D

A

AspenTree

I like sugar. :) No hard feelings. I understand where you are coming from also...

Damn... I just got my AOSPGB all set back up and now I guess I'm going to have to give this a try to see what's what in comparison. I wish a had a nickle for every time I've rebuilt my phone... I'd be a millionaire. :cool:

I like sugar and strawberries :) but I would be a millionaire too lol, nos billionaire :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts