GLASS on GLASS screen protector

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I had this for about 5 months now. The only problem I have is that the bottom part of the phone (close to the touch key) sometimes does not response to key press. I have to press the screen really hard in that area, which can be frustrating when you are in hurry.

After a while, I am getting tired of the above so I am buying a normal screen protector from SGP.

nycokla

Mar 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
I had this for about 5 months now. The only problem I have is that the bottom part of the phone (close to the touch key) sometimes does not response to key press. I have to press the screen really hard in that area, which can be frustrating when you are in hurry.

After a while, I am getting tired of the above so I am buying a normal screen protector from SGP.

Had mine going in 5or so months, zero problems. Same case and all... Loving it

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Had mine going in 5or so months, zero problems. Same case and all... Loving it

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

You probably have a different batch than mine. Mine starts peeling at the top after a couple of months, so maybe the bottom part have "air" in between the glass and my Note. Right now I have to press the Spacebar button hard or it won't register.

Good protector though...if works...

thetaminator9274

Mar 12, 2012
Memphis, TN
I had this screen cover and I absolutely loved it. It felt like a quality product and it even saved my actual glass when my phone fell out of my hand and hit the corner of the coffee table. I would absolutely recommend this.

g_whiz

Dec 16, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
I also had one of the Speigel glass protectors and it was great. It cracked after about one year of use but I figured that it took the blow that would have cracked my screen. I bought a replacement but I had so much trouble with bubbles while installing it that I just took it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

crhistian

Mar 8, 2013
Anyone know where to get one of these? Looks like it's not available on Amazon anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

i717

Jan 15, 2013
I've had one of these spigen covers on my note for about 8 or 9 months now. and it is great. I actually had to remove it and re install it on a replacement phone I had warrantied. I was unsure of how successful I would be with the adhesive used to apply it to a second phone. They are a "one" time install, or so they said.

I washed the cover with warm soapy water (the sticky side), and let it dry, then applied it to the replacement i717 i received. It went on almost as pretty as the first install. Just a slight lifting where I initially pulled it up from the first phone.

The case I use covers the edge of the glass, and thus keeps it down.

Searching for spigen covers today for the i717 was not good.
eBay has numerous tempered glass screen protectors, and cheaper. But not spigen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sa...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

It's a screen protector that's actually made out of glass.

It's been chemically treated to resist scratches and fingerprints.

Ships out next week.... Was thinking about getting one....

Here's the review for the iphone version of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51flspqzOig

It's 0.5 mm so maybe certain cases won't fit
    I wonder though if the thickness would affect the sensitivity of the pen? Those of u checking this out let us know

Common misconception.

The screen itself does not detect pressure from the S Pen. It uses electromagnetic resonance. This means that what affects the levels of pressure are in the S Pen itself. The S Pen is powered by resonant coupling to my understanding.

What does this mean for us? Screen protectors of any size.

Try it for yourself. you can draw through cardboard and even hover paper 1cm ABOVE the screen. Scribble on that paper and you'll see that it write below.

Awesome tech :D
    It is Amazon's responsibility. It's an item listed as a prime item. If it were an item that was sold with shipping costs, then it would be different. Several threads ago someone posted a protector that was shipped out used and abused. The buyer reported it to Amazon and got a full refund. The Amazon representative divulged the fact that Amazon has been having issued with SGP as a vendor. I think this says everything about SGP. Overpriced junk...

I'll stick to Sedio or Trident from now on

Yeah, that was me that got the protector that had been used. But, I didn't damage it on purpose and then tell Amazon it was stolen. What I did is what should have been done. I contacted Amazon, returned the originally received product and they sent the replacement with free one-day shipping.

They can deal with their supplier on their own. They'll send the bad protector back and they'll get their money back from SGP. In fact, Amazon probably has an agreement in place with SGP that allots a certain amount of money paid to Amazon to account for chargebacks or RTVs or damage units.

What you did does no one any good. Amazon can't go to SGP about this at all because they don't have it since you didn't return it. You reported it stolen, so all they can do is place an insurance claim against it, which accomplishes nothing, except you got your intentionally damaged screen protector for free.

Anyway, back on topic:
    Has anyone found a nice case that sits over top the edges of the glass?
    I just got mine and it was really easy to put it on. It looks perfect. Hands down the best screen shield. Nothing feels better than glass. I have my note in an alumimun bumper and have no problems. S-Pen works and have no problems using the phone. Highly recommended.