[APP] Greenify - a whole new CONCEPT.

Search This thread

DrMuhammadElHanafy

Oct 2, 2010
I came across this app while I was looking for something in play store.

it won't freeze your apps, or even kill their processes. But rather, put your background apps (that you select) into HIBERNATION.

"Greenified" apps are automatically hibernated when you're not using them, so you'll always have enough free RAM + Much longer battery life.

I strongly recommend you give it a try. At your own risk of course. :D

download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en

XDA Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155737

UPDATE : Donation version now allow hibernating System apps.

Last edited:

tuxonhtc

Oct 20, 2009
LOL, I guess like 90%+ members should know about this already. It's pretty much the only power saver app I haven't removed and would recommend - all of the rest, in my experience, have done much more harm than good.

Reactions: dirtydeangelo

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
does what it says perfectly - nothing more nothing less and most importantly no annoyances - one of my all time favourites

---------------------------------
Still confused between Samsung Galaxy S4 and 10 acres of land in London :rolleyes:

Reactions: bold9650

tuxonhtc

Oct 20, 2009
Obviously I didn't literally mean 90%+, but yeah, most active users should know about Greenify :rolleyes:

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Only problem being that it shows only apps with widgets or that anyone will probably use and won't block (or "greenify")... so totaly useless... to me at least.

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
It is nothing but a task killer.

Kills the process after idle time.

confirmed it from Setting-Applications-Running Applications.[ And Other task killers too]

Check out and let me know.

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
^^nope it isn't a task killer it just hibernates the service so that it doesn't consume any cpu cycles unnecessarily afaik

---------------------------------------------------------
" Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor"

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
Don't go on the description.

I've observed with Facebook app.
The service restarts Every time.
You can feel the excessive leading time.

There is nothing like hibernation.

Chaos ^_^

Jan 23, 2013
yes it does kill the app after ideal time, and the good thing that it works, other battery saver only kill app temporary and it will restart automatically again.
don't use it with apps like what's app or viber skype,,, etc
you will not receive calls ir chats untill you reopen the app, personally I am using it with secondary apps like kik and facebook twitter, ,, etc
apps that I dont want to get notified instantly

Mar 25, 2013
Athens
Greenify caused me problems. Swiftkey keyboard waked up my phone some times, so i Greenify it. But when i wanted to use it, all i got was a black screen. Only after i removed the battery the problem solved.

Generally this programme is useful for Facebook, eBay, Tapatalk. And only if you don't want notifications from these apps.

Can't use it (there is no point) in Viber, clock - temperature - diary widgets, battery monitoring programmes, setCPU programmes, WiFi Toggler programmes, call recording programmes, Cerberus or "where's my DROID" programmes.

For me is useless.

From Galaxy Note 2 with Swype "talk and type"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came across this app while I was looking for something in play store.

it won't freeze your apps, or even kill their processes. But rather, put your background apps (that you select) into HIBERNATION.

"Greenified" apps are automatically hibernated when you're not using them, so you'll always have enough free RAM + Much longer battery life.

I strongly recommend you give it a try. At your own risk of course. :D

download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en

XDA Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155737

UPDATE : Donation version now allow hibernating System apps.
    I am a ROM developer and also this is tbe first time I hear about this app, thanks for sharing :)
    LOL, I guess like 90%+ members should know about this already. It's pretty much the only power saver app I haven't removed and would recommend - all of the rest, in my experience, have done much more harm than good.
    does what it says perfectly - nothing more nothing less and most importantly no annoyances - one of my all time favourites

---------------------------------
    Still confused between Samsung Galaxy S4 and 10 acres of land in London :rolleyes:
    Obviously I didn't literally mean 90%+, but yeah, most active users should know about Greenify :rolleyes:

I'm an active user and I didn't find out about Greenify until yesterday. Strange, but it happens.

kindly, give the remaining "10%" a chance.