Custom Rom Xiaomi Redmi 1s?

Search This thread

wrot88

Jun 7, 2014
exist or are planned, custom rom for this smartphone? miui is great but stock Android is very very optimized
Cyanogen?
OmniRom?
thx

Weifail

Jan 17, 2014
So i'm not the only one who are searching a MIUI alternative.

I've made a search on the web but nothing for the moment.

Last edited:

ataralgin2

Apr 10, 2010
Same here, found, that MIUI isn't my cup of coffee...
So we will see...

Sent from my HM 1SW using XDA Free mobile app

Weifail

Jan 17, 2014
The problem is the MIUI community.

They're sweet but... we can't talk about anything else except MIUI so it will be good if we can regroup a few users here to maybe interest some devs.

PS : I'm sorry for my poor english.

Reactions: ajied

BennyBron

Aug 12, 2012
Also interested in this, I have got no developing experience, but I am willing to beta test, who knows maybe one day ill teach myself and cook a rom for it.

Reactions: andy4uall

BennyBron

Aug 12, 2012
As far as I have been able to find out, no sources are out = no AOSP roms for us, unless we write everything from scratch

maidangisme

May 7, 2012
Homeless
MIUI Developers never release sources code = No custom rom, that's reason why we don't have MIUI custom on XDA.
-XDA has most skilled developers.
-If you take closer look MIUI it combines all Samsung IOS HTC and some custom Mods from XDA developers into one without permissions. It's Chinese Way, i have no comment on this.

Weifail

Jan 17, 2014
We just need to wait a bit...

And I guess this Cyanogen can't be used on 1S because of Qualcomm processor...

mihirj.mj

Aug 7, 2013
Mumbai
Can u guys help?

IMO, Xiaomi has pretty good hardware packed inside, but this same happened when i thought of buying Mi 3.

But i have 1 question though. I am planning to by REDMI 1S for my dad, can u help me to choose or reject this phone? :confused::eek:

PS - He's a total novice when it comes to smartphones. request you to give your opinion accordingly.

Weifail

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

The MIUI interface is really easy to use.
The only negative point is the 4G unsupported in the Redmi 1S.

So I guess you can buy it, it's a really good product for the price.

Reactions: mihirj.mj

creamtown

Mar 15, 2014
www.gametabletz.com
Hi guys, i wanna ask. I'm planning to buy this phone in near months when it launches in my country. However, despite all the great stuff found on this phone - like its processor, GPU, sharp display, amazing cameras, etc - there are many complaints about its battery life and gaming performance - with games like Asphalt 8 running laggy in full graphics. I know that the custom ROM of stock Android for this phone hasn't come out yet until new given that it's a new phone, but i wanna know is there any way to improve its battery life and gaming performance.

I heard that MIUI of this phone consumes a lot of RAM and only leaves around 200MB of RAM. Does this phone allow users to deactivate the pre-loaded apps in order to free some RAM, thus making its battery last longer and performance much faster especially for gaming?

Please, answer my question guys. I'm in desperate for answers here because Xiaomi is about to launch its phones in my country soon and i don't want to be left behind in purchasing this phone given Xiaomi's flash sales.

martijnn2

Sep 11, 2010

creamtown

Mar 15, 2014
www.gametabletz.com
dont know about games
what i can tell is that i have the phone for 2 months now,
and i havent got any problems with it

great phone for the price (y) but u have to like the miui

Root acces was standard, so it isnt difficult to remove some apps.

On topic:
On cyanogenmod forum there is a request page for the 1S
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/95500-request-cyanogenmod-for-xiaomi-redmi-1s-snapdragon-400/

Thanks for your reply dude. Hopefully, when this phone receives the MIUI 6, it will improve its performance and battery life. This phone is about to arrive in the next few weeks in my country soon. Hopefully, i manage to buy it because the price of this phone at other retailers is just insane!!

martijnn2

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for your reply dude. Hopefully, when this phone receives the MIUI 6, it will improve its performance and battery life. This phone is about to arrive in the next few weeks in my country soon. Hopefully, i manage to buy it because the price of this phone at other retailers is just insane!!
Performance and battery life are in my opinion allready good, remember it's not an high-end phone, a good mid range

Top Liked Posts