[Q] What's your all-time favorite mobile device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

John Cheese

Aug 22, 2014
What's your all-time favorite phone? I'm just wondering If I'am the only person who still prefer to use phones such as Nokia model 3210, Nokia 5110 and alike instead of the current devices and smartphones. Why? Because the battery lasts longer, they're definitely more durable and way more cheaper.

What do you guys think?

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
My Sony Ericsson C905A (AT&T variant). It was a pretty unique phone, being one of the first to have an 8mp camera, and also sported a xenon flash, so you could take proper photos at night. I took some pretty nifty pictures with that "phone" back then, when most people were still using 1.3mp or 2.0mp camera phones.

It had its definite flaws. It required a proprietary connector to charge/sync, and used that connector with an adapter to use headphones or aux audio jack (which it didn't #$^%ing come with). It also used Sony's Micro M2 instead of microSD, which cost quite a bit more.

In addition to loving that camera/phone, it was a gateway device for me. Back then, for me a phone was just a phone. Texting too, of course. I rolled my eyes at iPhone and BlackBerry users that needed to stay connected all the time. But part of the deal when buying that phone was it was only $50 on-contract ($350 off) if I signed up for the internet option (which didn't use "data"), which was $15/mo, for 6 months. So basically, paying $140 for the phone, then I'd cancel the internet. But soon I realized that having internet/email in my pocket was extremely handy, even on that dinky, low-res screen, so I kept for the life of the phone.

Unfortunately, the life of the phone was barely over a year, after somehow the LCD cracked and started bleeding (no idea how, I never dropped the phone). When I called for a warranty replacement, they no longer offered that phone, and tried to pawn off some Samsung slider with a paltry 2.0mp camera. I explained that the reason I bought that phone, and in fact switched from Verizon to AT&T was to get that phone. So I was offered a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, which had literally came out the day before - simply because it also had an 8mp camera. I thought there was no way I would be offered that phone, but when they did, I said "uh...yeah. Sure."

That Xperia X10 was great at first, but slowly died (despite being given a brand new one, not a refurb), and its replacement died a quicker death. But it was my first smartphone, and I've never regretted getting into Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts