[ROM][PORTED] MIUI Buzz Beta 6 [DOWNLOADS FOR BETA 7 Live, Discontinued 4 Now] [WIP]

Do You Want Beats Audio or Sony Bravia Engine or Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mr.hami

Jun 24, 2007
Miui Gallery doesn't make thumbnails for images inside some of the albums, and Golauncher ex and it's widgets have the black text problem..
Also using Scratch's Beats Audio add-on makes Music app fonts white which is barely readable..
And, at lockscreen pressing power button to put phone into sleep will sometimes shift the picture..

Thank you Hacktrix for lovely rom.. :)

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Miui Gallery doesn't make thumbnails for images inside some of the albums, and Golauncher ex and it's widgets have the black text problem..
Also using Scratch's Beats Audio add-on makes Music app fonts white which is barely readable..
And, at lockscreen pressing power button to put phone into sleep will sometimes shift the picture..

Thank you Hacktrix for lovely rom.. :)

Pretty sure i didn't put the theme values into com.miui.player but if i did sorry my bad.....
Quick fix for the music player should be to add .zip to the end of com.miui.player then extract it to your sd, delete the theme values and zip it back up, then put it back in /system/media/theme/default and delete the .zip from the end.
This miui gallery has some other problem too, in root explorer it won't open some of my images.

I haven't had time to look for a fix to the menus yet it doesn't bother me too much nobody else ever sees it.

Edit:Just dropped my com.miui.player file back into the system, rebooted and everything went back to normal.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Last edited:

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
Can anyone post the old Camera apk? I didn't mind about the black bar and the new one is in chinese...

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
The new Camera app is the old MIUI ported one which is English do a screenie.

How ever which language have you set your rom to use it might be down to that.

Last edited:

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
@Scratch can you confirm about the Beats auto issue? If so will fix it on next update.

@mr.hami thanks for that report about Go Launcher i will look into that further.

@nejc121 i would be i have a problem no sooner have i made a change i have forgot about what changes i did.

@ balaedge CWM or clockwork mod is to be flash via recovery, the RUU was designed for people that wanted to have a easy flash via windows to the phone.

@all now its time to complain to dropbox as my suspension was uncalled for there was no way i had more then 20GB's of downloads in a day. So far on 5GB been used on my server.

Any other reported issues will be dealt with to see what can be done. We should now have a stable rom base that can be worked on. Keep posting the issues. If you think you can help please do so i need any help possible and i am sure the ones that are helping out now feel the same.

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
The new Camera app is the old MIUI ported one which is English do a screenie

There you go. It's still usable and not sure if the first apk had the same thing.

PS Anyone who has resized icons with ifranview, do you know how to get the black sidelines/black square out? (see pic)

Attachments

• screenshot-1334491728681.png
    screenshot-1334491728681.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 127
  • screenshot-1334494654902.png
    screenshot-1334494654902.png
    82 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
As for the icon issue with unknown icons showing with a shadow box, is there any launcher that is based on miui that might have the icons in them? If you find one and its a free version as i don't want to be causing loss of earnings let me know so i can contact the owner.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
There you go. It's still usable and not sure if the first apk had the same thing.

PS Anyone who has resized icons with ifranview, do you know how to get the black sidelines/black square out? (see pic)

This is it i think.....
http://db.tt/MbY0SjAF

Mines in english tooso i don't think its the apps fault.

Yes hack, the music player has white text because the file theme values.xml tells it to be white, you need to either edit or remove it.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Will edit or remove it later for ya if you want.

Could this be why we have the black text and background issue ??

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Hopefully that is the issue with the black text, i'm not sure though as i'm new to miui just like you lot.

Quick question for anyone using this rom, does the theme manager actually change anyones dock and and page indicators etc etc when selecting a new home theme? It didn't for me but i think i've fixed it.....
screenshot-1334513945405.png

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield

I use faststone photo resizer, it doesn't leave anything behind the image + you can do lots of other things with it.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
For me it doesn't change anything but i have been putting that down to themes being HDPI. Nice screenie BTW.

I am currently debuging atm all the nice red ERRORS i get on Booting up with the rom something to do with java mainly and faulting processes.

Doesn't even matter which rom i just so i might just port the CM7 java.jar file yet to test with.

Also anyone noticing pressing all of the touch buttons turn on Torch from miui yet i haven't included it in the rom apart from CM7's torch.

Last edited:

mr.hami

Jun 24, 2007
@Scratch can you confirm about the Beats auto issue? If so will fix it on next update.

@mr.hami thanks for that report about Go Launcher i will look into that further.

@nejc121 i would be i have a problem no sooner have i made a change i have forgot about what changes i did.

@ balaedge CWM or clockwork mod is to be flash via recovery, the RUU was designed for people that wanted to have a easy flash via windows to the phone.

@all now its time to complain to dropbox as my suspension was uncalled for there was no way i had more then 20GB's of downloads in a day. So far on 5GB been used on my server.

Any other reported issues will be dealt with to see what can be done. We should now have a stable rom base that can be worked on. Keep posting the issues. If you think you can help please do so i need any help possible and i am sure the ones that are helping out now feel the same.

Would you mind checking the File Expert for black text too? :D

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I think if we can sort GO launcher issue it will solve all. It seems to be either framework based or theme.

mr.hami

Jun 24, 2007
Pretty sure i didn't put the theme values into com.miui.player but if i did sorry my bad.....
Quick fix for the music player should be to add .zip to the end of com.miui.player then extract it to your sd, delete the theme values and zip it back up, then put it back in /system/media/theme/default and delete the .zip from the end.
This miui gallery has some other problem too, in root explorer it won't open some of my images.

I haven't had time to look for a fix to the menus yet it doesn't bother me too much nobody else ever sees it.

Edit:Just dropped my com.miui.player file back into the system, rebooted and everything went back to normal.

Thanks Scratch, that sorted it out..
Now another question, Music player seems a bit unstable and FCs when it comes to show the notification for a song.. Is there a way to turn off the notification or its animation?

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Not sure why this is happing will check but please can please post logcats it makes things easier to debug.

Use QtADB and then copy the logcat output to pastebin then link here.

When using QtADB in logcat only select Error Warning Debug and Verbose. Information is not required!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** LINKS WILL BE BACK SOON ON BETA 7, Removing Gapps from the Rom. Which means you'll need to flash Gapps after"

Welcome to the MIUI GingerBread Topic.
    Here on Offer is Ginger Bread MIUI which has been ported from the Galaxy Mini.
    But First off i would like to thank the following Members and Teams.

With Thanks

Cm7 Team For CM7.2 RC the base of the rom.
    MIUI Team for the MIUI GingerBread Rom
    Bravovn (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558649&highlight=miui) For allowing me to try and port his rom.
    [FONT=&quot]Siznex (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572381&highlight=miui) For allowing to port and use his rom as the porting base.[/FONT]
    Ahmadsafar Rom Status Bar Fix
    Slaid480 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585774&highlight=miui) for Tweakscripts
    Justice for Testing and Idea’s
    Nejc121 for Suggesting the Galaxy Miui rom to port.
    Kevin2516 For Miui Camera and Gallery

Sympnotic For the Lovely Kernel
    sizneks For New Beta Porting Rom
    P00t for his Nice Keyboards (To come in next beta 4)Zeppelinrox for his V6 Charger Script which can be found HERE
    VigiDroid for MIUI Graphics Tweaks for LDPI Also Translation fixes.
    Ajayahmed Webspace donation for mirroring.
    Myself for porting and the main download hosting.
    Scratch0805 For his helping out with the rom with scripts,addons,themes and general help.

Now as with any rom there will be issues please please report them to this forum topic. Try and stay on Topic.

People helping out with this rom DO NOT!!! i repeat DO NOT!!! want to here when is the next update out or any other type of ETA question. When its done its done.

Give the people above some thanks and respect and Enjoy the Rom.

Download Links and Screenshots to follow!!

Important Notice: From Beta 7 Upwards you'll need to flash Gapps, Also main downloads will now be placed on my own Webserver and mirrored on
    Ajayahmed server as well.

Please do not abuse these servers, this safes all the hassle of Fileshare websites and their slow download speeds.
    Important Notice:
    All links are hotlink and leech protected only XDA and goo.gl have the permissions to download from my server. If your using Tapatalk use the mirrors if your using a browser you can use both main and mirror.
    Thanks to topjor for pointing this out.

If you have your rom setup already and would like to keep your apps if you have used a SD-EXT script makes sure you perform a nandriod backup in CWM.

After Flashing the Rom restore only the /Data partition and SD-EXT Partition clear the caches and Reboot.

Also if you flashing this rom from new Please Make Sure you Flash Gapps straight after the rom else it will not boot at all it will boot loop without Gapps.

Direct Download Links :

MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD

Mirror Downloads :-

MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD (nejc121)
    MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD

Gapps : DOWNLOAD

The Following Partitions will be formated on installing the rom.

Data
    System
    Cache

It is recommend that you perform a nand backup before using either the CWM Beta 3 upwards untill the final version is released.

Current Known Issues:

Some Apps might have the Black background and text issue, please let me know. (Should be fixed but still let me know)
    Google Locate Service FC's when Wifi is enabled for Location Detection. (still can not fix this!)
    Unable to Uninstall any apps in the /system/app directory due to permissions.
    Slight Delay in Call Screen show (Should Be Fixed now)
    Dailer need slight adjustment sizing wise.
    Screenshots are not always perfect ( No matter what i do i can't fix this so retake the screenshots till it does do it perfect.)
    Slight delay in screen response after app closes can cause a FC at times and can't be helped its mainly down to the GPS area.

Dailer Lag might happen for some people use the V6 Charger script to correct this.

Wifi Teathering not working USB does. Looking into this at the moment please use a 3rd party teathering program such as Open Garden Wifi Teather for now please.

ALL THEMES DOWNLOADED THROUGH THEMES ARE DESIGNED FOR HDPI ALTHOUGH THEY WILL WORK THE LOCK SCREEN WILL BE TOOO BIG TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE. PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN DOWNLOADING AND SELECTING A THEME TO UNCHECK LOCK SCREEN. IF YOU DON'T DO NOT COME CRYING IN THIS FORUM THREAD. I WILL JUST IGNORE THE WHINE'S PURE AND SIMPLE!!!!!!

You have been warned!

If you would like to help out with this rom please give me a PM, any help would gladly be welcome.

Thanks to all that has downloaded the ROM...

I now need another Wildfire to continue this rom as my current one is going to be needed for important calls and so has to be fully working 24/7 having another Wildfire will help me develop further and faster. Hit the Donate to me button under the thanks meter.

Donations will then go towards the wildfire or if you have a spare you can donate that by contacting me by PM.
    Change Log for Beta 5.

Performance Increase and Stabilization
    Theme Fixed and working so no more making theme folder in /data/system/ using script made by scratch.
    V6 charger removed at least for now.
    Overal Miui Experince enhanced thanks to [FONT=&quot]Siznex and[/FONT] Bravovn
    Miui New Camera and Compass thanks to
    [FONT=&quot]Siznex and[/FONT] Bravovn
    Symp Kernel 4.1 Added.
    Google Maps etc removed new addon packages will be made for this rom to go into /data/app once i can get data mapped to SD-EXT correctly.

Beta 6 Changlog

MIUI Performance Base Completed optimised.
    Java.io errors now removed.
    Scripts re-added for tweaks etc
    MIUI Graphics Fix added

Some other things i forgot.

The base of the rom is completed and can not go any faster. Most Memory leaks have been fixed as well.
    Stock CPU Speed feels now like 768mhz clocked.
    Apps that require SDCard reading loads faster this includes the SMS app overall the performance is now better.
    Touch Activation working correctly with the proper Touch MIUI app so turning off touch will work proper if activated via lock screen.

Whats left to do. Remove the settings that no longer work, translate some apps and get a Theme section for LDPI done and made with themes from the community.

Sort Widgets out and resize them correctly and a few other apps.

Once the above is completed RC1 and then final will be made with addon packages.

Screen Shots Are Below (New ones to come later!)
    Thanks for the info looking into this atm. Use Symps 3.5 Kernel for now i have been in the red on battery for the past 3 days and its still going strong.

Also i like to make it Clear to all. I am getting some PM's about this that and the other and how you want the final release out fast.

And here is my reply so to save you from PM'ing me stupid questions.

I work on this rom in my spare time i am not i repeat not a robot i can't just simply continue working day in day out on the rom.
    I do have a live just like everyone else if you continue pestering i will simply give the community the one finger and stop the dev of the rom.

This might seem harsh to others that do not pester or are sending me messages about issue that i am grateful off but the stupid PM's can stop.

If you have a speed or battery issue flash symps 3.5 Kernel it works well, if your GPS is not working reflash the Radio.
    If your language is not fully supported please wait there is more important issues to fix. If members can not except that then hardlines. Its no wonder why Wildfire Devs are so little in number. So give us some respect please and stop pestering!

I am aware of the issues and i am working on them in the free time i have.
    Ok i have tried to disable 3G Data and this can not be done so sorry if you not on a data plan install the rom without your sim in till after you disable 3G.

V6 Script is in and working and no FC's at last. /data/system/theme has now been added on Rom install so theme fix now works.

The rom is now as fast as possible i can't make it any faster. So B4 Base is now made and should work a dream for most if not all users.

Black on Black issue should be fixed as well. If you have apps in sd-ext partition they will not be erase either.

So whats left to do. Well Themes for LDPI is needed icons need doing and a few apps need resizing and translating other then that Version 1.0 is not that far away.

I shell now upload B4 to the webserver.

Now as you are aware i am now shattered with all the working on this rom most of the day and late/early mornings. So if it is ok by everyone can one take a small break?