[Q] Xperia P battery not handling 3g connection well

Search This thread
What do I have to do to stop receiving generic answers? My god!
Don't you see that my problem is not just "battery draining"? Don't you realize that those "tips" you bring here has nothing to do with my problem? Don't you comprehend that keeping screen awake and not using Stamina mode will ONLY decrease my battery life, NOT make it drop from 70 to ZERO% in 20 minutes? Especially if this drops occur ONLY while on 3g? Oh, btw, did you see that I wrote countless times that this problem happens exclusively when the phone is on 3g data network?
Why, for example, keeping the screen awake and not using Stamina mode won't affect my battery life using wifi? What kind of suggestions are giving me, @Pandemic?
And I can't even say how many times I recalibrated the battery stats. Countless times.

Please, do me a favor: if you don't have the time to try to understand this weird and especific misbehavior of my phone, don't come here with genericall "how to save battery life"* tips, ok?
Let's save at least our lives time.
Thank you.
@Djgenes
Oh my god ?
Ok i tried to help you in many ways and i dont know what your problem is and i am not einstein, so please dont bang me in the face and act to me if i look as a noob.
Stamina mode effect the battery, did you tried it even ? I guess not..
You ask questions after questions man and a whole story always but do you know i am most of the time on my phone ? No !
I have always the time to answer it, so try another rom and see if it is still there.

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P

Last edited:

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
@Djgenes
Oh my god ?
Ok i tried to help you in many ways and i dont know what your problem is and i am not einstein, so please dont bang me in the face and act to me if i look as a noob.
Stamina mode effect the battery, did you tried it even ? I guess not..
You ask questions after questions man and a whole story always but do you know i am most of the time on my phone ? No !
I have always the time to answer it, so try another rom and see if it is still there.

Stamina mode affect the battery? Oh my god! I would never guess it (<--irony).
Believe or not, sir, I've tried it. I have tried all the basic "how to save battery life" tips. Can we move on?

This is not a problem caused by your ROM. So, if you don't know what it is, please don't come here assuming I'm stupid enough to not have tried the basic. I gave more than enough info about what has been happening and what I already have done. It's really frustrating to spend a lot of time writing details - and on a foreign language - here and receive an email linking me to a reply asking me to try Stamina mode.
Please.

Stamina mode affect the battery? Oh my god! I would never guess it (<--irony).
Believe or not, sir, I've tried it. I have tried all the basic "how to save battery life" tips. Can we move on?

This is not a problem caused by your ROM. So, if you don't know what it is, please don't come here assuming I'm stupid enough to not have tried the basic. I gave more than enough info about what has been happening and what I already have done. It's really frustrating to spend a lot of time writing details - and on a foreign language - here and receive an email linking me to a reply asking me to try Stamina mode.
Please.
@Djgenes
Hahaha ok what you want man.
Like i said i tried to help you in several ways but none of them helped you, well then is it indeed not a problem with my rom but your provider or Xperia P, sure i can move on, so are you aldo ?
and i dont come here anymore because its not my problem and dont know what causing your 3g or battery problem...
Yeah its frustrating but also frustrating to me to answer alsways the same questions around here on XDA by new ones of the answer is already there or solution,
I take now my hands of this, becaise i have no battery problems like i said and others also not with 3G, its only you that have it !!
Good luck !!

Last edited:

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
@nicolassp

Hi, sir. As I see you are a contributor here and I am experimenting some of your work (nemesis kernel for XP) I was wondering if you could bring me some light over this situation I'm facing. Basicly (but would really enjoy if you could take the time to read all the thread), my battery drops from like 80% to 40% and then to zero (but before it turns itself off it shows the battery status "droping up" to, let's say, 60% or somthing). Then I turn on the phone again, the battery is on 50 and something % and it starts all over again.

Most importantly:

it only happens when I'm using 2g/3g data connection; when offline or even connected via wifi my battery performs normally;

it was happening before, with original stock rom/kernel, it's still happening now, with custom rom (H MW)/kernel (nemesis);

I did all the basic stuff: clean instal, battery calibration etc. Restricted background data too. I also did that thing with airplane mode, shutting down device, wainting 10 secs, turning on device, turning off airplane mode. I even tried some apps like Greenify and Droidwall. Nothing. The massive crazy terrible drops continue to happen.

So...do you know what's happening? Do you think you could try to help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
@martinko23, I also see you have faced similar problem. Did you solve yours? If yes - and I hope so - , how?
I don't think mine is a hardware problem as I don't experience it while offline nor while via wifi.

martinko23

Sep 14, 2012
Marseille
@martinko23, I also see you have faced similar problem. Did you solve yours? If yes - and I hope so - , how?
I don't think mine is a hardware problem as I don't experience it while offline nor while via wifi.

My 3g problem was because of my mobile provider... They had issues with their stuff, I don't remember exactly..
I had another problem on my gf's xperia P, the phone and has battery drops (from 100 to 50% just by turning on 3g or wifi), and then shut down, I installed a module on xposed, which prevent the phone from shutting down. (disableCriticalBattery something like that)

Envoyé de mon C6833 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Djgenes

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
...I had another problem on my gf's xperia P, the phone and has battery drops (from 100 to 50% just by turning on 3g or wifi), and then shut down, I installed a module on xposed, which prevent the phone from shutting down. (disableCriticalBattery something like that)

thank you. Could you please explain it a little better, in details? I want to try it, but i did not get exactly what you said.

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
My 3g problem was because of my mobile provider... They had issues with their stuff, I don't remember exactly..
I had another problem on my gf's xperia P, the phone and has battery drops (from 100 to 50% just by turning on 3g or wifi), and then shut down, I installed a module on xposed, which prevent the phone from shutting down. (disableCriticalBattery something like that)

Sorry, @martinko23. I've search for the mod and now I know what you mean.

@zst123, do you think that your DisableCriticalBatteryShutdown mode could do me any good? Don't worry, I'm aware of all the risks. I just want to know if this MODs goods would aply to my situation. I mean, at first glance it appears some calibration problem that manifests itself only while using 2g/3g data. What do you think?

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013

Thanks, @DavidMKD. I'm looking forward to do it. Unfortunately I don't know how to procede yet (I'm a noob), but I'll try to figure it out. However, I ended up finding this other thread where this member called @rajaganesan7 tell us how to solve the "BATTERY STAMINA MODE ISSUES" (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309921). I did it seems that my battery is coming back to normal life. But I'll follow your thread anyway.

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013

Sir, I did it but nothing different happened. I'm still facing the problem (massive battery drops when using 3g only; offline or via wifi the battery last through a whole day or more). I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. i don't think it's a hardware issue (like some said before that it should be probably my battery's fault). It performs normally while not using 3g. I was thinking about removing the battery for a couple of minutes. Do you think it would make any difference?
Thank you.

Sir, I did it but nothing different happened. I'm still facing the problem (massive battery drops when using 3g only; offline or via wifi the battery last through a whole day or more). I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. i don't think it's a hardware issue (like some said before that it should be probably my battery's fault). It performs normally while not using 3g. I was thinking about removing the battery for a couple of minutes. Do you think it would make any difference?
Thank you.
@Djgenes
Sorry to bother you again but nope then you need to buy a new battery (on ebay or something) your battery is damaged and you need a new one if you have tried everything.
That is just my opinion buddy.

Djgenes

Jul 11, 2013
@Djgenes
Sorry to bother you again but nope then you need to buy a new battery (on ebay or something) your battery is damaged and you need a new one if you have tried everything.
That is just my opinion buddy.

No problem, man. =)
I inclined to think this way, but one thing keeps me from jumping to this conclusion (bad battery): why the battery performs normally when the phone is on wifi? No to mention when it's offline, when it lasts like forever. When the battery is damaged, it's damaged for everything, right?
Thanks, @Pandemic.

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Same as with 3g. I tried to keep it on gsm only. Didn't work out.
Yesterday I had a drop from 71% to 1!

If it happens with every firmware than I think it must be hardware issue.
Bttery stats are not very accurate, there always a difference after boot, but not more than ~10%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sometimes Used to get RILJ n sia wakelock in MW8 but after freezing googlemaps n google services it didn't appeared ever for me...btw MW8 is best for me Thanks pandemic for all ur work..

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app
    Hello, guys.
    I'm about to smash my phone on the ground. Please, help me.
    The problem: it just can't handle 3g connection anymore. Whenever I'm using 3g, the battery drops from like 70% straight to 30 something. In a couple of minutes, just like that. Then it drops to zero, the "shutting down" message appears and right before it turns itself off I can see the battery dropping up from zero to, let's say, 50%. Then I turn on my phone again and the battery is around 40%. I should make clear that using the phone offline or even connected through wifi the battery performs normally. It's only when on 3g mobile data. This was happening with my stock rom and continues to happen with this custom rom I use right now.
    What is going on?

xperia P Currently enjoying Honami MW HD V6 (really amazing). The current Kernel version is 3.0.8+ BuildUser @ buildhost) )#1 SMP PREEMPT. Needless to say - but saying it anyway - , it's a LT22i 4.1.2 JB device.

Thank you.

Hi,
    I experienced the same issue a while ago. Thought it was a bug or something so I did a fresh, clean reinstall of the ROM and got rid of the problem :) Try using the latest build from @Pandemic, it's really great!
    Hey, SoleBulge. I ended up reseting the phone back to the original rom/settings via SEUS. Is this somehow equivalent to a clean install? 'Cause if it is, the clean install you' ve suggested me maybe will not work. I'm facing the same 3g/massive battery drops issue. What do you think?
    @Djgenes
    If you already on JB 1.100 then root it and install cwm and follow the steps in the 2nd post of my rom !!