Issues with Galaxy S Blaze 4G (Help!)

Search This thread

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
Hey guys,

It has only been three months since I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and I currently have a few issues that really are bugging me out. I will bullet them out to make it clean and easier for you guys to read and figure out.

ALSO -- My phone is rooted, rocking a custom rom (AOKP JB Blaze 4G: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1989825)

1. Every time I take a screenshot, picture, download something, or just about any piece of data, my phone for some reason saves it all to my internal storage device, which is barely 1 GB. I have a 32GB MicroSD card, and bought the SD card with the intention that I can save all my data to that, never having to worry about my 1GB internal storage getting full. Is there any way to fix this? My phone is rooted, rocking a custom ROM, and I really don't see how this can be an issue. Can someone help me to fix this issue? I am a real noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I would appreciate detailed instructions! :)

2. My phone currently has an issue where every time I get a notification, the 4 LED touch-buttons on the bottom of the phone start blinking. I prefer it to not blink at all (as I would instead like to save precious battery life).

3. Even though its only been three months (less than a month with the new ROM) I noticed that the battery life is not too amazing, it drains out REALLY fast for some reason. All I really do on my phone is web browsing and visiting a social media app (facebook, twitter, etc...) and that's really it. Is there a way to possibly fix this as well? Could it be the ROM

4. When I drive, I often use my phone as a GPS, and what's funny is, even though the phone is plugged in (and technically charging), the battery drains out. I don't know how that is possible, as the phone is plugged in and charging through my car. Could it just be that this phone was never meant to be used as a GPS? Or is this another problem that can have a workaround to?

Anyways, that is my list, I'd really appreciate your help to solving all those issues, as I use this phone as a daily driver, and need all of the phone's functions working without problems.

Thanks!

coffee412

Hey guys,

It has only been three months since I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and I currently have a few issues that really are bugging me out. I will bullet them out to make it clean and easier for you guys to read and figure out.

ALSO -- My phone is rooted, rocking a custom rom (AOKP JB Blaze 4G: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1989825)

1. Every time I take a screenshot, picture, download something, or just about any piece of data, my phone for some reason saves it all to my internal storage device, which is barely 1 GB. I have a 32GB MicroSD card, and bought the SD card with the intention that I can save all my data to that, never having to worry about my 1GB internal storage getting full. Is there any way to fix this? My phone is rooted, rocking a custom ROM, and I really don't see how this can be an issue. Can someone help me to fix this issue? I am a real noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I would appreciate detailed instructions! :)

2. My phone currently has an issue where every time I get a notification, the 4 LED touch-buttons on the bottom of the phone start blinking. I prefer it to not blink at all (as I would instead like to save precious battery life).

3. Even though its only been three months (less than a month with the new ROM) I noticed that the battery life is not too amazing, it drains out REALLY fast for some reason. All I really do on my phone is web browsing and visiting a social media app (facebook, twitter, etc...) and that's really it. Is there a way to possibly fix this as well? Could it be the ROM

4. When I drive, I often use my phone as a GPS, and what's funny is, even though the phone is plugged in (and technically charging), the battery drains out. I don't know how that is possible, as the phone is plugged in and charging through my car. Could it just be that this phone was never meant to be used as a GPS? Or is this another problem that can have a workaround to?

Anyways, that is my list, I'd really appreciate your help to solving all those issues, as I use this phone as a daily driver, and need all of the phone's functions working without problems.

Thanks!

Im new here also as of today. Im sorry your having issues with your phone and the rom. I have been doing alot of research on this phone we have as Im still stuck on Gingerbread. I just went off contract from Tmobile and recently rooted it. Getting ready to upgrade the rom.

I have read in some posts that the JB rom did have some problems with recognizing SD cards. Seems to me that I read that this was changed in a later release. I wish I could find that thread again and show you but it escapes me. Is this a stock ROM for JB that you are using?

I do have a question for you. I want to upgrade from gingerbread and thinking CM10. However, I do have to make sure speakerphone works. Any problems there?

I would guess at this point that you should try another ROM.

coffee

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Hey guys,

Thanks!

1:Your going to have to flip the external and internal SD card in order to fix that. I remember there being an xposed module for that.

2: pulse notifications are enabled. I haven't run 4.1 in a long time but I think it's under the display settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
1:Your going to have to flip the external and internal SD card in order to fix that. I remember there being an xposed module for that.

2: pulse notifications are enabled. I haven't run 4.1 in a long time but I think it's under the display settings.

How exactly would I flip the external and internal SD card? I am unaware of how to do this by all means.

coffee412

I am sorry but I did not understand your post.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok, Most likely the vold.fstab file lists the mounting points for the phones filesystem. It will probably be a text file and I would suggest making a backup copy before modifying it. Otherwise you could really screw things up.

I have not viewed this file yet because I dont know of the exact location yet. I found a link but Iam a new user and not permitted to post it. Do a search for vold.fstab and you should easily find a link for editing it.

Basically, Your going to edit the fstab file and change the settings for mounting the sdcard. I would think a reboot of your phone will probably be the last step.

Hope this helps, From one learning to another :)

coffee

Reactions: Veliion

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
Sorry for being late on this one, I am in the middle of exams and have been really busy.

Is there any sort solution to this that is newb-friendly (step by step), would be awesome to use my external SD card for its full use.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Sorry for being late on this one, I am in the middle of exams and have been really busy.

Is there any sort solution to this that is newb-friendly (step by step), would be awesome to use my external SD card for its full use.

In the previous page wollieburger posted a link to edit the correct files. A really good guide (one post) on how to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
EDIT: It works now! Thanks for the post, and apologize again for being so late on this!

Last edited:

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
Sorry for the multipost, but I was wondering if someone can still help me out with my other stuff I am trying to figure out:

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Sorry for the multipost, but I was wondering if someone can still help me out with my other stuff I am trying to figure out:

You should be able to disable the flashing LEDs (also known as pulse notifications) through the display settings.
I'm not certain if there were device settings in the 4.1 era.

Battery life on 4.1 was garbage. I could only imagine the GPS drain.
4.3 had the best.

Last edited:

Veliion

Sep 18, 2013

The GPS navigation on the blaze takes a lot of battery. If you have the phone plugged in the battery won't drain as fast as compared to not having it plugged in.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
To be honest, I never had a battery life problem on 4.1.2, one reason is I didn't use Google Apps (I had gapps package installed, but the minimal package), I also followed this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2357417

If you like push notifications from Gmail and other Google dependent apps, ignore that thread. Otherwise, it will improve your battery life. The other reason was I never ran cm10. I ran @thomas.raines ParanoidAndroid 4.1.2. Imo, the best cm10 based rom the Blaze had. But that's MY opinion. He's taken down the link, maybe you can try and chase him down and see if he'll re-upload it for you...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts