[Q] Cannot flash t889v modem on t889v

Search This thread

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
Hi I recently purchased a note II t889v, I didn't have a micro sim at the time to test it properly. I am stuck on edge:2 while on rogers. I then noticed that it had been flashed by the previous owner. So I looked around the forums.

Details:

-In download mode model is listed as sgh-t889v_NA_VTR
-I have tried to reflash to stock MCT T889VVLALJ4 gets stuck in boot loop
-extracted the modem.bin and flashed using odin and cwm flash. sometimes boots up to lock screen but crashes then reboots or freezes
-using t-mob t889 modem(T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip) allows me to start the and use the phone, but limits to edge:2
-IMEI is listed in the status

I'm trying to get the phone to connect to UMTS.

Any help or input would be appreciated thank you in advance.

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Flash this modem http://d-h.st/qs1

Hi I recently purchased a note II t889v, I didn't have a micro sim at the time to test it properly. I am stuck on edge:2 while on rogers. I then noticed that it had been flashed by the previous owner. So I looked around the forums.

Details:

-In download mode model is listed as sgh-t889v_NA_VTR
-I have tried to reflash to stock MCT T889VVLALJ4 gets stuck in boot loop
-extracted the modem.bin and flashed using odin and cwm flash. sometimes boots up to lock screen but crashes then reboots or freezes
-using t-mob t889 modem(T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip) allows me to start the and use the phone, but limits to edge:2
-IMEI is listed in the status

I'm trying to get the phone to connect to UMTS.

Any help or input would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
I have already tried flashing that modem also. I'm one of the 6 people who downloaded it lol. as soon as it was released by ptmr on his jedi 3 rom. gets stuck in boot loop also. only modem so far that didn't boot loop was the t-mobile modem t889.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I have already tried flashing that modem also. I'm one of the 6 people who downloaded it lol. as soon as it was released by ptmr on his jedi 3 rom. gets stuck in boot loop also. only modem so far that didn't boot loop was the t-mobile modem t889.

Does the phone have the correct imei... Look behind your battery and compare with about device menu

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
Does the phone have the correct imei... Look behind your battery and compare with about device menu

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yes I have ch3cked the imei on the phone and battery also. They both match. Unless somehow the efs may be corrupted by the previous owner. I'm still boggled why I get stuck in boot loop flashing the modem meant for my phone.

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
Now try flash stock T889V via Odin . When in bootloop boot your note into recovery .Then factory reset , reboot.

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
Can you explain step by step what you did.Thanks.

1. downloaded the T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_MCT firmware from sammobile
2. downloaded odin 3.07
3. put phone into download mode using voldown+home+power
4. opened odin
5. plugged in usb.
6. waited for com to show up and looked for added msg.
7. clicked pda selected the T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_T889VVLALJ4_HOME.tar.md5 file
8. ensured auto boot and f reset only checked.
9. pressed start.
10. phone reboots into a boot loop
11. hold volup+home+power go into stock recovery and factory reset
12. reboot system
13. still in bootloop

also I don't know if this will help solve the issue. with odin I cannot flash any modems other than t889v(LJ4). whenever I try to flash t889(LJ1) modem it fails in odin but works when using CWM.

Last edited:

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
1. downloaded the T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_MCT firmware from sammobile
2. downloaded odin 3.07
3. put phone into download mode using voldown+home+power
4. opened odin
5. plugged in usb.
6. waited for com to show up and looked for added msg.
7. clicked pda selected the T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_T889VVLALJ4_HOME.tar.md5 file
8. ensured auto boot and f reset only checked.
9. pressed start.
10. phone reboots into a boot loop
11. hold volup+home+power go into stock recovery and factory reset
12. reboot system
13. still in bootloop
That exactly I did .I will test again when I home
Edit: I saw Mr.Robinson has root stock T889V firmware , you may give it a shot . Link to his thread :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560

Last edited:

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
I just flash back to stock firmware via Odin without any issue. Honestly,dont know what go wrong at your side .
Hope someone more experience help here.

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
I just noticed that when I boot up after installing a stock rom I'm still rooted does that mean anything?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you try flashing stock ROM with pit and selecting re-partition?
    Find pit for your rom and flash with Odin pit (pit file) and PDA (rom file) both in same operation.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium