Stock Samsung recovery for AT&T galaxy s3 i747

Search This thread

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
... If anyone wants to make a cwm flashable zip feel free to and post a link to where it can be downloaded....
If anyone has a flashable version of this stock recovery it will be appreciated. I just received my S3 from eBay and have discovered it has a faulty charging port so connecting via PC/odin is not possible. I have rooted with TowelRoot but before I go too far (in case I decide not to keep the phone) I want to be able to restore everything.

Thanks,

Edit - Never mind. I copied the stock recovery with terminal emulator. Now I have a backup just in case.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Samsung recovery pulled straight from stock firmware and packaged as a Odin flashable tar file. I decided to do this for those who may want or need to flash the stock recovery. I have tested this and worked fine on my phone. I am not sure if it will work with any other carrier besides AT&T so if you try it do so at your own risk and if it works report it and I will add any other confirmed carriers that it works for. I am not responsible if you brick, melt or blow up your phone so don't cry to me lol...
    Below is the link to download the tar file. If anyone wants to make a cwm flashable zip feel free to and post a link to where it can be downloaded....

Edit....
    It has been confirmed that this will work on Bell devices also...

http://db.tt/AvISQtPy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    sorry to ask such a nooby question but is this the stock recovery as in the ROM or as in a recovery like cwm or twrp?

This is pure stock. Not custom (new vocab: custom is what you call cwm and twrp, stock is, well, stock ;P)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    Thanks lol I knew that already its just I just barely upgraded to thw gs3 from an htc vivid and im not sure if this had an hboot menu like that one did you know? Im just a little new to the whole samsung thing my bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Samsung doesn't have hboot. Only recovery and download (Odin) modes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You didn't mention it, or I missed it, but this is LH9 stock, yes?

As far as I know the stock 3e recovery has not changed, it's the same for any build number for the S3. The stock recovery is on a partition separate from the rom so it shouldn't matter which build you're on.

(99% sure on this but someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
    I don't use ODIN enough to remember. Which button do i pick to flash the "stock recovery.tar"? (bootloader, PDA, PHONE, CSC)

thanks