[Guide] All-in-One Package - Samsung Galaxy Ace-i – How to Unbrick with Cygwin, Odin

Search This thread

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
stuck on Odin setupconnect even though COM port detected

despite carefully following this guide and days of searching various posts I still cannot unbrick my S5830 Ace

I don't think the phone is totally bricked as it will boot to Samsung logo,
and I can always get to the black screen with 'downloading' in yellow using Home+Vol Down+Power

I have tried both with Kies installed and uninstalled, have installed the Drivers from Cygwin, and tried both Odin 1.85 & 3.07
the greatest problem I have had is that Odin does not also 'see' my device, but I can normally get it to show that it has added the COM port.

so what really is baffling me is that even when it is showing as connected (in blue or yellow) it then usually sits there at setupconnect !
it has also given me various error messages such as 'can't open com port' and success 0 / fail 0

perhaps I am not using the correct firmware ... ?

I have tried various one's from the Cygin link and include screenshots below, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks Kevin

1. Android 2.2.1 BUKA7_S5830 (filename: BUKA7 brick.jpg)
2. Android 2.3.3 S5830BOKP5 (filename: 2.3.3 brick.jpg)
3 Android 2.3.5 S5830XWKS3 / VIRKP1 (filename: 2.3.5 brick.jpg) (some strange errors showing in splitfus window)

I have also tried and failed with the single file method from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283926
using the file BTU-S5830IXXMD1-20130619163758.zip ... I'm pretty sure I failed here though ast his one is for the 5830i models ?

some postings say use a 4 file method, but some of the firmwares have as little a 2 files, so I get confused here ...
so please anyone, am i using the correct firmwares, and am I putting the correct files into Odins boxes ?

Attachments

• 2.3.5_brick.jpg
    2.3.5_brick.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 921

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
despite carefully following this guide and days of searching various posts I still cannot unbrick my S5830 Ace

I don't think the phone is totally bricked as it will boot to Samsung logo,
and I can always get to the black screen with 'downloading' in yellow using Home+Vol Down+Power

I have tried both with Kies installed and uninstalled, have installed the Drivers from Cygwin, and tried both Odin 1.85 & 3.07
the greatest problem I have had is that Odin does not also 'see' my device, but I can normally get it to show that it has added the COM port.

so what really is baffling me is that even when it is showing as connected (in blue or yellow) it then usually sits there at setupconnect !
it has also given me various error messages such as 'can't open com port' and success 0 / fail 0

perhaps I am not using the correct firmware ... ?

I have tried various one's from the Cygin link and include screenshots below, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks Kevin

1. Android 2.2.1 BUKA7_S5830 (filename: BUKA7 brick.jpg)
2. Android 2.3.3 S5830BOKP5 (filename: 2.3.3 brick.jpg)
3 Android 2.3.5 S5830XWKS3 / VIRKP1 (filename: 2.3.5 brick.jpg) (some strange errors showing in splitfus window)

I have also tried and failed with the single file method from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283926
using the file BTU-S5830IXXMD1-20130619163758.zip ... I'm pretty sure I failed here though ast his one is for the 5830i models ?

some postings say use a 4 file method, but some of the firmwares have as little a 2 files, so I get confused here ...
so please anyone, am i using the correct firmwares, and am I putting the correct files into Odins boxes ?
Hi carkev, did you try connecting with one of your PC's back usb connection. If on Windows try running all as administrator. Good luck.

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
I forgot to ask in above posting .....
when the method does work, how long approximately does it take complete after you hit start ?
( I only ask, rather to to sit with it hung for agesat setupconnect)

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Hi carkev, did you try connecting with one of your PC's back usb connection. If on Windows try running all as administrator. Good luck.

I have done so at some point, and even tried everything on my wife's Windows 7 Laptop, but have tried so many things I have lost track !

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
Hi carkev, not too much, for me it took about 5 minutes (as far as I remember). Good luck.

thanks for your input mate, you got me thinking re usb ports as I realized that in Device Manager my Samsung was showing as on COM 4,
eventually I got a USB port that showing up as COM 4 in Odin and really I thought that would crack it, but sadly no joy ....

in desperation, I then went for a long chat with Google and I have succeeded ! ... I hope this info is of some help to others out there.

firstly I discovered this site: http://galaxymediaone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/odin-all-flasher-and-original-ops-pit.html
and downloaded the correct Odin (ver 4.2) and a cooper.ops file for the S5830

invaluable also was the great tutorial at this site:
http://yagyagaire.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/how-to-flash-official-stock-firmwares.html#.Uf6bfjd5GSq

the posting at sammobile led me to some proper firmware files:
http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9738&highlight=s5830
from here I eventually selected a Vodaphone Android 2.3.6 firmware - file: S5830BUKT2_S5830VODKT1_VOD.zip
and everything went like a charm ...just 5min 12 secs in total ......

OH JOY ! .... happy days are here again

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
thanks for your input mate, you got me thinking re usb ports as I realized that in Device Manager my Samsung was showing as on COM 4,
eventually I got a USB port that showing up as COM 4 in Odin and really I thought that would crack it, but sadly no joy ....

in desperation, I then went for a long chat with Google and I have succeeded ! ... I hope this info is of some help to others out there.

firstly I discovered this site: http://galaxymediaone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/odin-all-flasher-and-original-ops-pit.html

http://yagyagaire.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/how-to-flash-official-stock-firmwares.html#.Uf6bfjd5GSq

from here I eventually selected a Vodaphone Android 2.3.6 firmware - file: S5830BUKT2_S5830VODKT1_VOD.zip

Hi carkev, I'm happy with your success. Thank you for your information. Have a good day. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-S5830 with NVKY-JB-4.2.2-V6-EXT4-Fly-ON(30-07-2013)

ashish9277

Nov 16, 2011
Link working too slow..

Can you mirror the link since its working too slow..Im unable to complete download firmware since past two days...!!

athatati

Aug 30, 2007
Urgent guys

My odin detect the phone only on first quad
yellow com3
in status: added

put the files... and. start..

but stay on ...SetupConnection..... and freeze

ChelebiTech

Jan 20, 2013
Urgent guys

My odin detect the phone only on first quad
yellow com3
in status: added

put the files... and. start..

but stay on ...SetupConnection..... and freeze

Remove all S5830i modem drivers, install only one driver. Try another USB 2.0 Port (3.0 ports may give errors). Try using a shorter USB cable.

You can try removing the battery and USB cable, after waiting 5-10 minutes plug battery and connect to usb port.

If problem continues your phones mini USB connector may be slightly damaged or some dirt on it...

nikunj.baheti@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2013
mumbai
split it for me bro

hey bro i treid doing whatever u tild bt to no avail "https://hotfile.com/dl/203721465/58eda7c/GT-S5830I_INU_S5830iXXMC1_S5830iODDLK1_S5830iDDMC1.zip.html" this is the file url so i request u to split this for me plz bro

Girishk007

Jun 13, 2013
Kalyan, Mumbai
need urgent help...my mobile cant go in download mode but it can enter recovery mode..my ace was bricked when i was trying to install mind cr rom but something went wrong and i bricked my mobile...then i tried to flash stock rom through odin but that too couldnt get completed and now whenever i press 'reboot system now'..it comes in recovery mode again...please help me guyss

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Try to flash stock firmware from odin or if you have nandroid backup then restore it from cwm..
Hit thanks if i helped you :D

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

NazXs

Mar 9, 2013
Please refresh the link

hotfile is closed. i really need to download this. can anyone help me???
can anyone upload this file to a new site?

Reactions: el_purnama

jumilian

Nov 10, 2008
Villarreal
possible solution

Hi,
I have had the same problem as most of you. setup connection... and odin stay there for a long time. I obtain in different Odin versions the message "big partition size". I read a lot of posts and never give me a solution, not in my case. I found in another forum a possible solution.
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/galaxyace/5525237/Aporte-SGAce-Fixear-Can-t-mount-Data-Partition-Fix.html
You must register to read solution, it's explained in spanish. I can translate it if it's needed and attache data, but it's not my solution. It works for me, Hope it works for anyone else!!!
good luck!!!:good::fingers-crossed:

jumilian

Nov 10, 2008
Villarreal
It Is not the same

Guys,

I've created a new thread especially for Odin Flashing, Rooting, CWM & Custom ROMs for GT-S5830i. This old thread is specialized in making Spited Firmware rather than One Package. All your Odin Issues will be solved with this new thread,

[Guide] Know your Device: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i

:laugh:

But as you say is for GT-S5830i, and it is not the same as mine. This forum is for GT-S5830 without letter. I don't know if the solution I posted will work on "i" model.
:good::D

Sorry, is me who is posting in wrong place!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Guide] All-in-One Package - Samsung Galaxy Ace-i – How to Unbrick with Cygwin, Odin, Samsung Drivers

How to…?
    • Download stock firmware?
      [*]Split downloaded zip file to Odin Flashable PDA, MODEM & CSC files?
      [*]Install Samsung Drivers
      [*]Use Odin to unbrick your phone?

All in one Package for you! Which includes,
    • Cygwin for Windows
    • Cygwin Guide Tool
    • SplitFus
    • Compiled Driver Disk (Samsung)
    • Odin 1.85
    • Galaxy Ace Firmware Download Links

Instructions:

• Download Package Samsung Galaxy Ace – How to Unbrick with Cygwin, Odin, Samsung Drivers.exe (48.5 MB)

MediaFire Link

Dropbox Link

Box.com Link

• Install it (It will install it to “C:\cygwin”. Recommended free space in “C:\” = 1GB)
    • Open Cygwin Guide. Follow further instructions there…

Using Odin:
    • Connect your phone to PC in download mode (Vol Up+ Vol Down + Power)
    • Open ODIN
    • Select PDA, MODEM and CSC
    • Click start!

Download Firmware for India

S5830iXXLA2_ODDLA1_Android_2.3.6.zip | 233.1 MB

Screens:

iqgPMES6lpDCS.png

ibdn1uozjHdGKI.png

iblY2sjFk6A6Eu.png

tsar3000.com & sammobile.com
    will not work on s5830 ??
    is it only for s5830i ?
    Hi carkev, not too much, for me it took about 5 minutes (as far as I remember). Good luck.

Hello,
    its possible to save a exe file to more links. This link for download its a exhausted.

Thank you and good work.