[Q] chrome display issue

Search This thread

NuckFuggets

Jun 25, 2011
this has been going on for a while now, but on some websites, especially xda, when I go into a thread the very first post as well as some other posts look jumbled together. is there any way to fix this? it's so annoying cuz I have to wait like 3 years for it to go to normal

thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-24-01-25-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-24-01-25-06.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 117
G

GuestK0087

this has been going on for a while now, but on some websites, especially xda, when I go into a thread the very first post as well as some other posts look jumbled together. is there any way to fix this? it's so annoying cuz I have to wait like 3 years for it to go to normal

thanks!

Flip your phone into landscape view. It goes away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bjoostema

Apr 1, 2013

thanks!

I had this happening too! I was driving me crazy as sometimes it wouldn't do it, but 99% of the time it did. Mine personally never straightened out, even in landscape mode...but that may just be my phone. Nexi seem to have individual quirks haha. I eventually had to abandon chrome due to this and the com.sandbox process draining the hell outta my browser. If it doesn't resolve, I recommend to you Next Browser. Has pretty much all the same features and I have yet to have any glitches on it like I did on Chrome.

Brandon

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham

thanks!

I get this as well - I presume everyone does. For me I've only ever seen it on XDA... looks like it's been reported via the Chromium bug tracker...

See here: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=348798

seeeb

Mar 23, 2014
i have a chrome issue where the browser would always "stutter" a bit in the beginning of a scroll.

when i tap onscreen and pull downwards keeping my finger on the screen everything is smooth.

anyone else having this?

Onismurai

Mar 29, 2011
Los Angeles
Well I will switch to any browser that has the same performance as Chrome has also didn't have this issue. So annoying. But Chrome (I use the Beta one) is the fastest browser in KitKat I would say. It's not like another browser wasn't good, but chrome is really fast and smooth. Naked Browser is great but I hate it's interface. Too ugly.

P/S: whenever you want to get out of that font issue, switch to landscape and then switch back. It's gone right away for me

NuckFuggets

Jun 25, 2011
Well I will switch to any browser that has the same performance as Chrome has also didn't have this issue. So annoying. But Chrome (I use the Beta one) is the fastest browser in KitKat I would say. It's not like another browser wasn't good, but chrome is really fast and smooth. Naked Browser is great but I hate it's interface. Too ugly.

P/S: whenever you want to get out of that font issue, switch to landscape and then switch back. It's gone right away for me

yeah same here, I tried using another browser but couldn't,I always came back to chrome

On what sites other than xda does it occur, please?

I'm not sure,I didn't memorize any, I just know that sometimes when I'm browsing the web I get really annoyed when I see this haha

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
A slight digression, but does anyone else find the auto-sizing of the text in Chrome a little annoying? It's obviously the route of the issues here where it re-sizes the text but doesn't allow a large enough gap between the lines.

Why does Chrome feel the need to make some text huge and other text tiny? This is especially an issue on forums like XDA where one post is like size 24 and the next one looks like 12. I'd like to know the algorithm used to decide whose posts are more important :D