Search This thread

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Hey i use arhd for a while now but i ran into some problems,
It doesnt keep my keyboardsettings the same
It keeps deleting that i coupled suggjesteded contact

It does this for 2 days full, tryed reboot remove and reinstert batery
I only yet didnt reflash rom since i dont have space on my sd to make an backup of he rom or all my apps... Oh signature gets edited im runing 6.2.1 , new kernel 1.7 ghz undervolted

did you superwipe? the thing is for new builds super wipe then start over again without restoring data from backup is often highly recommended otherwise if apk's have been updated to save data in a slightly different format or something then issues and bugs can occur if the user restores data

phantomblu

Nov 25, 2011
How do I check my current firmware version? I'm trying to flash back to CM7, but I'm not sure if I have the right one installed.

Kawirider594

Feb 1, 2012
just did first s-off and root! help finding ics/sence 3.6 rom install please!!

hey everyone, first post here, i just s-off and rooted my sensation for the first time, and my first time rooting a phone in general! i did it. lol
anyways, what i am looking for is the newest updated version of ics and sence 3.6 or 4.0 (whatever one is better) rom to install on my phone!
if you could post the link that would be great
thanks to all you guys here i could do this.
David

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hey everyone, first post here, i just s-off and rooted my sensation for the first time, and my first time rooting a phone in general! i did it. lol
anyways, what i am looking for is the newest updated version of ics and sence 3.6 or 4.0 (whatever one is better) rom to install on my phone!
if you could post the link that would be great
thanks to all you guys here i could do this.
David

Hi,

Firstly,familiarize yourself with THIS THREAD

Then ,go and get ARHD ICS ROM HERE

Enjoy.

:)

cehennem23

Feb 1, 2012
Please help me

hi guys my name is Eren and I am really bad status sorry for my english . Whatever I'll come to issue.First I have an Htc Sensation and I make it s-off then clockwork then root then supercid lastly I instal ruu android 4.0.1 and It is not stable I want to go back 2.3.4 . I have to root again for flash to rom for root I have to enter recovery in hboot . When I hit the power button in hboot first a phone appears with a green recovery symbol appears then an phone appears with attention logo then its stops. Guys I have to figure out how can I root again I mean How can I enter recovery in hboot . Please help me!

jhayton

Jan 20, 2012
Question:

With Straight Talk fixing to launch the G2x, can I potentially easily just buy a ST SIM and pop it in my Unlocked G2x and use that? Or is there going to be some hackery needed? Thanks in advance.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hi guys my name is Eren and I am really bad status sorry for my english . Whatever I'll come to issue.First I have an Htc Sensation and I make it s-off then clockwork then root then supercid lastly I instal ruu android 4.0.1 and It is not stable I want to go back 2.3.4 . I have to root again for flash to rom for root I have to enter recovery in hboot . When I hit the power button in hboot first a phone appears with a green recovery symbol appears then an phone appears with attention logo then its stops. Guys I have to figure out how can I root again I mean How can I enter recovery in hboot . Please help me!

Hi,

I am going to assume you can flash firmware if you have successfully installed ICS.

You can either step down to :
Firmware from 3.12.401.2/102 RUU
--- MD5 checksum: FF644ED2BFF6A6058023C6FF36401E5C *PG58IMG.zip ---
HERE

Or step right back to 1.17 HERE

There is no need to root again.

You should then be able to install a GB ROM.

graymoment

Aug 29, 2010
Flashed my first rom 2 days ago - no issues as yet . I also purchased 4ext Recovery Control to make thing easier.

Is carrying out a full wipe in 4ext the same as running the super wipe zip ?

I'd like an answer to the same question. I saw one "vote" after your post, but no explanation as to what the difference is, if any, of using the superwipe script over 4ext's "Wipe Menu" options. If someone has any insight here, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

stvntylr

Sep 10, 2011
Rooting an upgraded Captivate...

Hi. I just upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.5 on my Samsung Captivate and need to re-root it. Is there anything out there yet that will enable me to do this?

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'd like an answer to the same question. I saw one "vote" after your post, but no explanation as to what the difference is, if any, of using the superwipe script over 4ext's "Wipe Menu" options. If someone has any insight here, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

If you use 4 ext to wipe cache, dalvik, and data, you are pretty much doing the same as a super wipe.I think the super wipe clears a few files on the sd card as well.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I set the 4ext app to super wipe, flash the ROM, and ROM cleaner , one after the other.
How cool is that!

Reactions: undercover

graymoment

Aug 29, 2010
Hi,

If you use 4 ext to wipe cache, dalvik, and data, you are pretty much doing the same as a super wipe.I think the super wipe clears a few files on the sd card as well.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I set the 4ext app to super wipe, flash the ROM, and ROM cleaner , one after the other.
How cool is that!

Are you using the words "super wipe" (in bold) to refer to "wipe cache, dalvik, and data". The use of this is the confusing part. "Super wipe" refers to a specific script being flashed.

What do you mean by "ROM cleaner" after flashing a ROM? What does that specifically do? What are you cleaning if you've just flashed it?

phantomblu

Nov 25, 2011
Hi,

Reboot into hboot,(hold down volume - and power button)and see what it says next to hboot.

Thought that was the hboot version. Anyway, it says 1.23. I'm pretty sure I flashed the firmware to 3.12.

Or did I do it wrong? I flashed the firmware, then wiped and installed the rom. Should I wipe, flash firmware, then install rom?

It also says locked on the hboot screen. What does that mean?

Last edited:

cehennem23

Feb 1, 2012
guys I handled first problem but now there is an another problem I entered rom forums and [ROM][★★ICS Sense 3.6★★][30 Jan]RCMix ICE v3.2.5,Faster Smoother Better TRUE APM MENU download this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403859 and superwipe my device then I installed rom . To here everything is okay but I boot my device logo and animation appears then dissapears then it is rebooting itself please help me this is last problem

Dipset1745

Apr 17, 2010
i flashed a new radio in order to flash a rom.....it worked fine but i dont like thr rom and want to go back to the stock rom.....do i have to reflash the radio again?back to old one? any help thanks

Jay2487

Nov 5, 2010
Okay this was stupid... in an effort not to re-download the PG58IMG after getting a new phone I grabbed the top one in my download folder. It happened to be the one for the new ICS firmware. Now when I try to install the proper recover img it fails, saying model id incorrect. How can I get recovery now? I can't flash the su .zip, I thought if maybe I got root I could use 4EXT recovery control or clockwork mod to install. Is there anything I can do?

Csapty_htc

Feb 1, 2012
Chelmsford
Hey all

I've been trying to flash a ROM to my sensation, but everyines i press the zip file in recovery mode, it starts off okay, and then says 'E: error, can't mount /SD-ext' and then it aborts the flash...

How can I fix this error??

Any help would be much appreciated!

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
guys I handled first problem but now there is an another problem I entered rom forums and [ROM][★★ICS Sense 3.6★★][30 Jan]RCMix ICE v3.2.5,Faster Smoother Better TRUE APM MENU download this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403859 and superwipe my device then I installed rom . To here everything is okay but I boot my device logo and animation appears then dissapears then it is rebooting itself please help me this is last problem

Did you flash the required firmware (v3.24) ?? I think you did not. Just go through that ROM thread and follow the flashing instruction. In order to flash any ICS based rom a matching new firmware has to be flashed..

Reactions: undercover

Top Liked Posts