[Q] My Xperia S works offline!!!?

Search This thread

roby200487

Nov 10, 2009
Hy, I have an xperia s 0.73 firmware.

I dont know why, i have everytime opened new aplications in the task killer, and in settings (runing services), i close them, but in a few seconds ar opened again! Like musik player, email, office suite, liveware manager, etc .....

What can i do?
I use advanced task killer, but i think thats not ok to open aplications itselfs.

(Sorry for my english)

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
Theres a lot of programs built into the Sony that you cannot remove without gaining root access.
You can go to settings/applications/manage applications and the you can remove some of the programs but not all.

roby200487

Nov 10, 2009
yes i know there are o lot of aplications, i dont want to remowe them, just to to someting, to the phone, to not open the aplications itself!!

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
Are you new to Android? I had this same confusion when I first moved to Android.. Because it runs on a Linux basis it works differently..

2 things to consider.

1, Android will hold programmes in memory but in a suspended state, not using any resources until they are called for from the kernel.

2, with Linux based OS empty memory is wasted memory. (refer to point 1 above!)

Don't try to kill things that the phone need to have running in the background it will waste resources and battery!

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
Task killers are ok.. But you only need to use it to kill apps which are causing problems (usually just apps which you have installed rather than any preinstalled or system apps)

And generally a bad idea to use any auto kill apps.. Avoid that!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium HD app

GT35pro

Dec 21, 2011
SINGAPORE
Www.gt35pro.blogspot.com
You just have to live with that unless you are willing to root your phone then use titanium backup to freeze the app. My xps is less than a month old so I just let them be for now because I dont want to root it just yet. There is plenty of ram and does not affect the speed of the phone.

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Task killers are ok.. But you only need to use it to kill apps which are causing problems (usually just apps which you have installed rather than any preinstalled or system apps)

And generally a bad idea to use any auto kill apps.. Avoid that!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium HD app

+1 to that. I only use a task killer to get problem apps out of memory sometimes. As a rule android is very good at managing memory.

These things will always start and it usually means the apps stay up quicker.

Sent from my XperiaS via transwarp beacon.

Pezo

Apr 8, 2006
Linz
Samsung Galaxy S10e
+1 to that. I only use a task killer to get problem apps out of memory sometimes. As a rule android is very good at managing memory.

These things will always start and it usually means the apps stay up quicker.

Sent from my XperiaS via transwarp beacon.

In addition to that, it doesn't take more or less battery power if the memory is full or empty.
Killing apps and starting them however does take battery power.

roby200487

Nov 10, 2009
OK, THANKS!
I understand.
I thinking about, that open apps are influencing the battery life. But now its clear!
So no auto task killer.

Thanks again!