Not able to switch to ART after root

Search This thread

samvid1992

May 16, 2013
I have nexus 4 with android 4.4.2. I just root my device and now i am not able to switch to ART. It is giving me option to select runtime and i did select ART and the phone reboots and after reboot it is back to Dalvik.

Can anybody suggest me what to do??

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I have nexus 4 with android 4.4.2. I just root my device and now i am not able to switch to ART. It is giving me option to select runtime and i did select ART and the phone reboots and after reboot it is back to Dalvik.

Can anybody suggest me what to do??

Although the option is present, it doesn't mean that the rom actually can utilize ART. I forget the exact term, and/or which is which, but it depends on if the rom is deodexed or odexed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

samvid1992

May 16, 2013
Yes, I'm rooted and have an app or two that requires root.

xposed framework is a mod,well it looks like you dont have so. do you have any root required app(apps that require/use root)

Although the option is present, it doesn't mean that the rom actually can utilize ART. I forget the exact term, and/or which is which, but it depends on if the rom is deodexed or odexed.

I am running stock android and i have xposed framework installed(i have also installed advanced power menu and enable batterystats permission) and titanium backup root. No other root apps have been installed.

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I am running stock android and i have xposed framework installed(i have also installed advanced power menu and enable batterystats permission) and titanium backup root. No other root apps have been installed.

Xposed and all its modules are not compatible with ART. That's it keeps changing back to dalvik. Get rid of xposed and you can use ART.