Device Resolution

Search This thread

Marchegiano

Apr 6, 2014
The first thing I see when the Mojo boots up is a message to the tune of change your device resolution. I'm not at all a developer, nor am I well versed in using an android device. I own one cheap Chinese tablet, dragon touch or something similar. Can do the basics, but I mostly use it as a reader. Of course I have a phone, but again I've never gone out of my way to use it for more than a phone. I'm fairly acquainted with Linux so my nephew has turned to me to help him with this. I've the male to male on order to root the system, but I doubt that's much to do with the problem. We have a hard time navigating with certain apps due to the resolution cut off, but mostly not seeing complete gauges in games kind of makes a game machine...a bit crap to say it lightly. For the money one should expect more. I can't find any solution in the setting. When I plug my tablet into my television it handles it with a secondary display GUI popping up and allowing me to choose the setting. Given the Mad Catz is using the TV as it's primary display I wouldn't suppose there'd be a clever way to trick it into thinking the TV is a secondary display? Just the only thing I could come up with I'm not married to the idea. If yous guys know how to help me that'd be great. bonus if this can be taken care of with out getting into terminal, or the android equivalent. Thanks buds.

Oh also, in the mean time while I wait on my cable. Is there a way to install games you've bought on Google Play manually through a usb stick?

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
due to the resolution cut off
Do you mean an overscan issue?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629396
Basically, you have to google your TV's make model and find how to turn oversan off.

When I use the MOJO on a PC monitor.. the resolutions drops to something like 320x320.. not sure why.. but I remove the HDMI cable, let the MOJO boot up then I plug the HDMI cable in and it's a 1024.

Oh also, in the mean time while I wait on my cable. Is there a way to install games you've bought on Google Play manually through a usb stick?

For free apps, install a google store alternative, ie:
http://joyofandroid.com/24-android-app-store-alternatives-for-those-who-hate-google-play/
I used Aptoide before rooting.

For paid apps, you could try backing up the apk on another device and sideload it on the MOJO.

I wouldn't bother doing either, just wait and root it.

Mad Catz Nate

Dec 30, 2013
www.madcatz.com
Some televisions will adjust the picture of M.O.J.O. so that the edges are off screen. To change this, you should check the settings menus of your television and look for Aspect Ratio or Zoom options. Every television is different so the exact method for adjusting will differ from model to model. However, if there's a Zoom level option then setting that to 'Full' should solve it. Alternatively, if it's an Aspect Ratio menu then 'Scan Only' is the option to select.

Be sure to update the firmware on M.O.J.O. if you haven't already. The firmware update introduces a modification to the way Google identifies the M.O.J.O. hardware which allows for many, many more games to be listed and downloadable in the Google Play Store. This modification makes it so you don't have to root the device anymore, unless you want to for the other typical customization benefits that root access allows. Rooting won't void your warranty.

If you went through our "Getting Started" walkthrough, you can use "ES File Manager" for accessing any files stored in your Download folder or on a USB.

Reactions: gwaldo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks bud

Do you mean an overscan....

bingo jingo bud, thanks a bunch.
    Do you mean an overscan issue?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629396
    Basically, you have to google your TV's make model and find how to turn oversan off.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.
    Some televisions will adjust the picture of M.O.J.O. so that the edges are off screen. To change this, you should check the settings menus of your television and look for Aspect Ratio or Zoom options. Every television is different so the exact method for adjusting will differ from model to model. However, if there's a Zoom level option then setting that to 'Full' should solve it. Alternatively, if it's an Aspect Ratio menu then 'Scan Only' is the option to select.

Be sure to update the firmware on M.O.J.O. if you haven't already. The firmware update introduces a modification to the way Google identifies the M.O.J.O. hardware which allows for many, many more games to be listed and downloadable in the Google Play Store. This modification makes it so you don't have to root the device anymore, unless you want to for the other typical customization benefits that root access allows. Rooting won't void your warranty.

If you went through our "Getting Started" walkthrough, you can use "ES File Manager" for accessing any files stored in your Download folder or on a USB.