Tips for your Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)

Search This thread
Jun 26, 2013
Nairobi
Redmi Note 9 Pro
To root your mediapad, head over to :
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2620655

Hey world

I'm creating this thread so as to help most of you techies with a mediapad 7 better exploit its features

Disclaimer 1
Most tips I provide will require root

If you haven't rooted yet, head over to the link above for a how to.

Disclaimer 2
As always, anything that does ao does not happen to your device, whether as a result of your following this thread or not, is entirely your fault, and neither i nor any other parties but yourself carry any blame.

Now thats done, let's get on with it
(Forgive the lack of pretty formatting, posting from the tab)

Tip Number One: Install xposed framework, terminal emulator and Android tuner/ROM toolbox pro

For those of you who have already done this, you will agree as to how important these apps are for any modding done to an android without flashing a custom ROM or kernel.

For xposed, go here and follow the instructions:
http://www.addictivetips.com/android/what-is-xposed-framework-for-android-how-to-install-it-guide/

You can find the terminal emulator app on the play store, and also the android tuner app.

I'll try to update this thread at least once a week, but with school( igcse this year) and a spotty internet connection, don't hold me to my word too much.

Till next week, hopefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: enensales

enensales

i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.

Jun 26, 2013
Nairobi
Redmi Note 9 Pro
In response to your questions

i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.

Xposed installer is compatible with the device
have been using it for a while now

unfortunately the only way to recover is to update using the stock firmware from the huawei site

clockworkmod recovery I'm working on, using the online recovery builder. will start a new thread for that

and the only recovery this device currently has is not like clockworkmod but more like download mode.
I've checked

enensales

Xposed installer is compatible with the device
have been using it for a while now

unfortunately the only way to recover is to update using the stock firmware from the huawei site

clockworkmod recovery I'm working on, using the online recovery builder. will start a new thread for that

and the only recovery this device currently has is not like clockworkmod but more like download mode.
I've checked

More root apps for you

Try
1. Lucky patcher : For patching all your apps
http://lucky-patcher.netbew.com/

2. Videoder : For Downloading videos off the internet, including YouTube
http://videoder.en.uptodown.com/android

3. Shou : For good screen broadcasting or recording.
https://shou.tv/

Sorry for the lack of a comprehensive guide

Will get to that soon.

thank you so much for this sir, i'll be waiting for your guidance on this device. more power. :good:

vwong

Oct 10, 2014
Kris the wizz 15
hey, any update for this device , custom recovery like twrp or cwm
and custom rom like kitkat and lollipop 5,,,?

plz share, if you have any update for this device..

puntoazul

Sep 28, 2013
Los Teques
Kris the wizz 15 says: "I can't seem to get fastboot configured, or boot the device in bootloader. Fastboot commands therefore do not work.
Any advice on this? I'd appreciate it. "

You can't go to fastboot in the s7-701u beacouse it CPU is a rockchip rk3168. and Rockchip have his own "fastboot" method, by the way huawei is locking this method...

i has been conected via Rkdownload mode usin "Fashtool" "RkTool" and "RkFlashKit"software but nothing really work except to dump partitions on pc disk.

Rkdownload mode do not use "fastboot" command, and beacouse this we can't unlock the bootloader.

:crying:

More information about this here

PD: To have future custom rom for our device, we really need huawei release s7-701u open source code firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoDH and madefree

louayeb dev

Apr 5, 2022
You can't go to fastboot in the s7-701u beacouse it CPU is a rockchip rk3168. and Rockchip have his own "fastboot" method, by the way huawei is locking this method...

i has been conected via Rkdownload mode usin "Fashtool" "RkTool" and "RkFlashKit"software but nothing really work except to dump partitions on pc disk.

Rkdownload mode do not use "fastboot" command, and beacouse this we can't unlock the bootloader.

PD: To have future custom rom for our device, we really need huawei release s7-701u open source code firmware.
What about now can we unlock bootloader and install twrp or cwm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kris the wizz 15 says: "I can't seem to get fastboot configured, or boot the device in bootloader. Fastboot commands therefore do not work.
    Any advice on this? I'd appreciate it. "

To root your mediapad, head over to :
    xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2620655

Hey world

I'm creating this thread so as to help most of you techies with a mediapad 7 better exploit its features

Disclaimer 1
    Most tips I provide will require root

If you haven't rooted yet, head over to the link above for a how to.

Disclaimer 2
    As always, anything that does ao does not happen to your device, whether as a result of your following this thread or not, is entirely your fault, and neither i nor any other parties but yourself carry any blame.

Now thats done, let's get on with it
    (Forgive the lack of pretty formatting, posting from the tab)

Tip Number One: Install xposed framework, terminal emulator and Android tuner/ROM toolbox pro

For those of you who have already done this, you will agree as to how important these apps are for any modding done to an android without flashing a custom ROM or kernel.

For xposed, go here and follow the instructions:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/android/what-is-xposed-framework-for-android-how-to-install-it-guide/

You can find the terminal emulator app on the play store, and also the android tuner app.

I'll try to update this thread at least once a week, but with school( igcse this year) and a spotty internet connection, don't hold me to my word too much.

Till next week, hopefully.