[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread

QuestMeTSI

Mar 30, 2009
Jackson
I know why you loose 4G I worked with it with C spire for days. its the ICCID on Cspires end. some how installing sprint rom and not using APN backup app it gets scrambled. It took level 3 tech to see it. 5 minutes after seeing the problem I had 4G on sprint rom and I can use Google Wallet.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

To keep this from happening to me again I always restore factory backup then dial *228 wait a few then flash new sprint rom and do APN restore from app. Be flawless since. Right now I have been using SynergyROM r443 for 2 weeks with only issue is stock sms will not split for 160.

/ofAllEvil

Apr 12, 2012
I know why you loose 4G I worked with it with C spire for days. its the ICCID on Cspires end. some how installing sprint rom and not using APN backup app it gets scrambled. It took level 3 tech to see it. 5 minutes after seeing the problem I had 4G on sprint rom and I can use Google Wallet.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

To keep this from happening to me again I always restore factory backup then dial *228 wait a few then flash new sprint rom and do APN restore from app. Be flawless since. Right now I have been using SynergyROM r443 for 2 weeks with only issue is stock sms will not split for 160.

My friend lost 4g but I never did I'm currently running slim bean 4.2.2 I use the cspire Konverter on it everything still works perfectly but his 4g still don't work I tried everything. So what exactly did they do to get the 4g back up and goin? Apns didn't work for him neither did *228 or going back to stock with Odin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
My friend lost 4g but I never did I'm currently running slim bean 4.2.2 I use the cspire Konverter on it everything still works perfectly but his 4g still don't work I tried everything. So what exactly did they do to get the 4g back up and goin? Apns didn't work for him neither did *228 or going back to stock with Odin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ofAllEvil - If you could do me the huge favor of posting the link you used for 4.2.2 and the cspire konverter I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!

Quick update - After installing a 4.2.2 slim bean Sprint Rom I lost my data connection and tried to restore using EFS backup file but was unsuccessful. I got data connection back by flashing this stock Cspire 4.1.1 rom.
http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3/CSPIRE_JB_PORT.zip

Last edited:

/ofAllEvil

Apr 12, 2012
ofAllEvil - If you could do me the huge favor of posting the link you used for 4.2.2 and the cspire konverter I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!

Quick update - After installing a 4.2.2 slim bean Sprint Rom I lost my data connection and tried to restore using EFS backup file but was unsuccessful. I got data connection back by flashing this stock Cspire 4.1.1 rom.
http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3/CSPIRE_JB_PORT.zip

Here is the link for the konverter its only for Linux but it works well and I'll try the 4.1.1 from billard I tryed his one click but it didn't fix my friends data

http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=182

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: comonc

seclm193

Jun 7, 2009
Where can I get the stock rom for the cspire galaxy s3 rom? I'd love to give it all a chance but want the stock rom for warranty purposes.

autocon

Nov 6, 2008
If any C Spire GS3 users still read this thread, C Spire is finally releasing the Premium Suite update. You can get it now through Samsung Kies, or wait for it to hit OTA within the next week.
Firmware version is MD5.

Reactions: bone39367

Saiya69

Jan 7, 2012
Petal, MS
I have tried the new update both OTA and via kies, neither has worked. I am running stock rooted cspire. OTA method had an error screen in CWM recovery showing after download, Kies program just closed down after showing download dialog box.

**Edit**
I finally got the update to take via Kies. Root was taken off and the binary counter is showing 1. I may have misread/misunderstood the rooting guide but I thought the counter would not be triggered by just rooting.

Is there a best/safest way to reset the counter or should I even bother with resetting?

Last edited:

autocon

Nov 6, 2008
As long as you are rooted it will stay at 1. You can use the Triangle Away app to reset it but it will go back to 1 on next boot. Unless you are taking it back trio the store for warranty work I wouldn't even worry about it.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Saiya69

Jan 7, 2012
Petal, MS
The thing is that Super user app was removed, I reinstalled superuser and tried root checker which said the phone is not rooted. Which I do not need root, but I want to make sure if I need to take it back for warranty work that it will be taken care of before I'm not able to reset the counter.

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
Running the new md5 from the sxtp guys and is awesome I think I'll stay on this till next upgrade

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda premium

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
Hardware wise, the Sprint S3 and CSpire S3 are compatible. Take it from me. I have a Sprint S3 mobo running on a CSpire S3 LCD/Digitizer frame. I would think that they would have the same firmware and model number. And the PRL shouldn't affect it at all. The PRL is the Preferred Roaming List. It shouldn't affect your data connection what-so-ever. Your APNs might be out of wack. If so, download APN Back up and Restore from the Play Store (I dunno if they still have it) and find the original APN settings for CSpire and put them in your CM ROM.

Good Luck :)

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I have tried the new update both OTA and via kies, neither has worked. I am running stock rooted cspire. OTA method had an error screen in CWM recovery showing after download, Kies program just closed down after showing download dialog box.

**Edit**
I finally got the update to take via Kies. Root was taken off and the binary counter is showing 1. I may have misread/misunderstood the rooting guide but I thought the counter would not be triggered by just rooting.

Is there a best/safest way to reset the counter or should I even bother with resetting?

You should only worry about the resetting the counter if you're going to return your phone to CSpire. Other than that... nope. I'm guessing you used the CF Auto Root method?

Saiya69

Jan 7, 2012
Petal, MS
You should only worry about the resetting the counter if you're going to return your phone to CSpire. Other than that... nope. I'm guessing you used the CF Auto Root method?

As far as I remember it was the method posted by wwjoshdew in the general section. I haven't wanted to do too much modding on this phone just yet in case something did come up.

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
As far as I remember it was the method posted by wwjoshdew in the general section. I haven't wanted to do too much modding on this phone just yet in case something did come up.

In that case, go to the "Home" Page of the L710 S3. If you look, there's a tab that says something along the lines of "rooting" under the picture of the S3. In that tab, you will find a video of all the rooting methods + the triangle method of resetting your flash counter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

youngweezly

Aug 12, 2013
help

rooted cspire gs3 using one click root, crashed yesterday when battery died and phone rebooted. seems like rom is shot.
problem started when touchwiz home has stopped appeared continuously and homescreen would not work. factory reset only made matters worse as now samsung keyboard stops and contacts stops. what the heck do i do now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip