[Q] Easy Backup Restore Question

Search This thread

Superorb

Mar 28, 2011
Denver, CO
When I'm on ROM #1 and I want to restore ROM #2 from nandroid backup, do I need to also reflash ROM #2's boot image after I do the restore or will it be restored in the nandroid restore?

Ringford

May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
When I'm on ROM #1 and I want to restore ROM #2 from nandroid backup, do I need to also reflash ROM #2's boot image after I do the restore or will it be restored in the nandroid restore?

If you did S-Off your phone, you don't need to flash another kernel. In other word, it can be restored when restoring a nandroid backup. If your phone still on S-On state, you need to flash another kernel. But if those two ROMs can boot with/use the same kernel, you don't need to flash another kernel.

Superorb

Mar 28, 2011
Denver, CO
If you did S-Off your phone, you don't need to flash another kernel. In other word, it can be restored when restoring a nandroid backup. If your phone still on S-On state, you need to flash another kernel. But if those two ROMs can boot with/use the same kernel, you don't need to flash another kernel.
Thanks. Is there an easy way to S-off the CDMA version? I'm used to my Evo V 4G on Virgin which is a lot easier to tinker with.

Top Liked Posts