How to Sync with Windows 7?

Search This thread

cactusbek

Apr 16, 2009
Austin, Texas
I picked up my Aria from AT&T last night and am trying to get it set up. I cannot sync and this may be a dealbreaker if I can't figure it out. I downloaded the latest HTC Sync (2.0.38) and debugged, but when I go to the "Connect to PC" screen, there is no option for "HTC Sync" on the phone. And, the computer shows no connection to the phone. The only options on the phone are: "Default connection type" and "Ask me". :confused:

Shad0wguy

Jun 22, 2010
Long Island, NY
From my experience, once you have the sync software installed plug in the phone through USB and you will get 3 options on your phone to choose how to mount it. One of the 3 is HTCsync.

cactusbek

Apr 16, 2009
Austin, Texas
Well, DUH

OK, I just figured out that there ARE 3 options under the first option. I'm still getting used to the way this thing works! So, I've now made it sync with my netbook with Vista. We'll see if I make it sync with Windows 7 later.:)

LPMatt

Apr 24, 2012
Tolland, CT
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
alternative sync

I know this is a dead thread, but at the risk of being late to the party, HTC sync sucks with Win7.

My best solution? My Phone Explorer from the play store. It's free and works like a charm with any phone (or at least the HTC and Samsung one's I've tried) and Win7. Sync to Outlook, Thunderbird, or pretty much any other windows based calendar/contacts software.

Anyway - two years later - I hope this helps!