[Q] Phone activation storage

Search This thread

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
I just recently got a Droid X2 off of ebay for use with pageplus... I plan on installing a custom ROM to it but am unsure if the installation of a new ROM will get rid of the phones activation information. Is the info for CDMA stored separately from the ROM? I've always used GSM in the past, so I know next to nothing about CDMA phones.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
If you activate before you should be fine. Some older roms you would have to dial *22899 I believe. But as long as you are activated stock *228 will do it option 1 to activate. You will have to activate anytime you sbf your phone.

Edit: I just noticed you are not with Verizon. I am not sure if it is the same? You can just dial it and see if it gives you the option.

Reactions: McTavish55

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
If you activate before you should be fine. Some older roms you would have to dial *22899 I believe. But as long as you are activated stock *228 will do it option 1 to activate. You will have to activate anytime you sbf your phone.

Edit: I just noticed you are not with Verizon. I am not sure if it is the same? You can just dial it and see if it gives you the option.

I believe the activation process is the same with page plus. So it should be fine. Thanks for the info!

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
I don't have time right at this moment... I'm late for meeting up with someone in town. I'll post back when I get home (9:00-9:30 EST).

D

Deleted member 4177996

Just getting an x2 now? You truly are living up to your username.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
What do you guys mean? My phone is an X2... I got it because it's one of the best 3G only androids out there, and Page Plus has issues with 4G phones. I can't afford to pay $80 a month for a Verizon plan...

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
I do not know what's up w/ the hecklers. So it's a Dx2 good. Did you get the info?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I just thought the Droid was a vz exclusive.

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
I do not know what's up w/ the hecklers. So it's a Dx2 good. Did you get the info?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I just thought the Droid was a vz exclusive.

Yeah, And it's fully activated now too... Here's the info:
System Version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: DROID X2
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband Version: n_03.13.28s
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-00005-g2440aba, hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid52 #2
Build Number:4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 52711

Thinking of putting a custom ROM on it, What would you guys recommend? I'm looking at Eclipse and CM7... Not sure which is the better one.

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Dx2 all ok. Take your pick. Eclipse is most popular & stable. Just if you HAD a mx2 you could brick on a dx2 sbf.

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
I'm getting ready to flash Eclipse now, but I am kinda confused about the bootstrap. What exactly is it and how do I install it?

Edit: NVM figured it out.

Last edited:

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Well post 2 of my signature link to start. The apk downloads are @ the last of post 3. DL DX2BSR.APK install & open, install recovery then set recovery mode (the middle button) while the wall wort is plugged in.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Wait try the eclipse 1.3 see ash's recent post. It runs on your current ver of GB. Start there.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTavish55

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
Well post 2 of my signature link to start. The apk downloads are @ the last of post 3. DL DX2BSR.APK install & open, install recovery then set recovery mode (the middle button) while the wall wort is plugged in.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Wait try the eclipse 1.3 see ash's recent post. It runs on your current ver of GB. Start there.

I had already updated to 2.3.5. So I am currently running Eclipse 2.1, I really like it so far. Also I already got your recovery apk by doing a bunch of searching. Anyway, Thanks for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.