[FEEDBACK] Droid3 KEXEC kernel ROM thread

Search This thread

djbolden

Aug 23, 2011
I don't think I've tried BT streaming while in the dock, but I do know that the dock audio out via the special USB cable with the 3.5 mm jack didn't work with the previous build. I haven't tried it with this one yet. I'll try to check streaming to my BT headphones while in the dock and the check USB cable out again tonight or in the morning.

slogar25

May 19, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Im still having the issue with the radio switching on and off with all the kexec builds. I have the xt862 on verizon cdma, no sim,no global plan. I am currently running cm9 non kexec with no issues like this and did not have these radio issues running the kexec cm9 either.

The funny thing that I just noticed today was after messing with cm10 kexec to no avail, I switched back to the stock rom and noticed that the radio was turned off on the stock system. I turned it back on successfully with no problems but still a little concerning. Is it possible to have things coming across systems?
On a different note thanks so much hash for all the cool things

[Update] jasonroach figured out that if you do not have a sim card in on any of the JB Kexec builds the radio will not work for xt862 vzw cdma. The rom for some reason needs the sim to pull radio info off of.

Sent from my XT862

Last edited:

amedeh123

Aug 5, 2012
the proximity sensor on my XT860 isnt working, i didnt see it being mentioned here

EDIT: I also had the radios switching on and off, but i was able to fix it by applying the mavrom 4.5 xt860 patch, its worth trying if you have the xt860 and radio issues (no data though)

aand i used cm10 for a while and its not crashing anymore, not heating up anymore, but battery is still dying pretty fast (in about 3hours for me), otherwise im pretty tempted to use it as DD, its fast and stable

EDIT2: in my experience, disabling HW overlays under developer options made the device smoother overall, very close to the nexus

EDIT3: been using it for a while (charger in my pocket ;)) and it didnt crash or reboot yet... im clocked at 1000mhz from the default 1200... let us know if theres anything more we can test

Last edited:
Reactions: regular_

stretchnz

Apr 14, 2012
I believe the dock support is a known feature not yet supported...
could be wrong but suspect that may affect all ROMs based around Cyanogenmod ?

Jason Roach

Oct 18, 2011
Testing out cm10 and noticed that voicemail notifications do not come thru or delete without a reboot and battery indication problem seems to get worse with reboots for me

Sent from my XT862 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MrPib

Oct 10, 2009
Anyone having phone problems on CM10? Several times now, if the other party hangs up first, I get a FC on the phone process. If I try to hang up first, half the time the phone freezes up, and I need to pull the battery.

I'm on Verizon, using an 862.

djbolden

Aug 23, 2011
Anyone having phone problems on CM10? Several times now, if the other party hangs up first, I get a FC on the phone process. If I try to hang up first, half the time the phone freezes up, and I need to pull the battery.

I'm on Verizon, using an 862.

I don't think I've had the freeze up when I hang up, but I have noticed a FC frequently, but not all the time, when the other party hangs up first. I've also noticed that the call doesn't appear in the call log when the FC occurs. Makes sense, so just an observation...

Reactions: MrPib

bhuffman

Jul 7, 2008
Gallery thumbnail issues

Gallery has issues with thumbnails. It shows the first three thumbnails in my camera album. The rest are blank. After seeing this, if I back out, the thumbnails for all albums are now blank and if I try to open a picture, it will also be blank (although you can see the frame of the pic).

I suspect this is related to the HW decoding being disabled b/c the first three thumbnails in my camera album are standard pictures, but the 4th item (that is blank) is a video.

pm2gonzales

Oct 16, 2011
Gallery has issues with thumbnails. It shows the first three thumbnails in my camera album. The rest are blank. After seeing this, if I back out, the thumbnails for all albums are now blank and if I try to open a picture, it will also be blank (although you can see the frame of the pic).

I suspect this is related to the HW decoding being disabled b/c the first three thumbnails in my camera album are standard pictures, but the 4th item (that is blank) is a video.

I might be mistaken, but I think there was a similar error in pre-kexec ICS for D3. I think Hash suggested to use QuickPic off the market for the time being.

migof

May 18, 2010
Quilmes
Hashcode: US GSM networks work perfectly on the XT883 radio using the build.prop I made based on your 10-18 CM10 Kexec (and works on latest as well.) Info and uploaded here; http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33102553&postcount=422 I get HSPA 14.4Mbps (actual speeds around 5.5 on att in my area) and it shows an H instead of 3g ;) Wish mavrom did that.

For others needing info, read the thread in dev section for unlocking for att/tmobile, I post my findings there. Including (awhile back) of getting somewhat dual mode on us vze/gsm without radio swap. I was able to receive sms, calls, and 3g data on vzw with xt883 radio, couldn't call out or send sms (could use google voice for sms and grooveip for calls over data though). Then swap to gsm mode for my sim.

Back on subject, built in tether works on xt883 gsm fine, mms, etc. Only issues are known issues, all radio aspects work.

Sorry, but do you know if that radio.img works fine on a latinamerican xt860? Thanks.

daimerion

Dec 5, 2009
Holts Summit, MO
Latest AOKP hella stable for me thus far. Left the clock @ 1.2 which is unheard of for my particular d3 cuz on pre kexec roms she just didn't like 1.2. No reboots/freezes. Just wish for hd codecs and mms.

*Edit* Battery life amazing in comparison to prior roms.

Sent from my XT862 on VZW using xda app-developers app

Jason Roach

Oct 18, 2011
Latest AOKP hella stable for me thus far. Left the clock @ 1.2 which is unheard of for my particular d3 cuz on pre kexec roms she just didn't like 1.2. No reboots/freezes. Just wish for hd codecs and mms.

*Edit* Battery life amazing in comparison to prior roms.

Sent from my XT862 on VZW using xda app-developers app

How u get clock at 1200 ? Mine won't go past 1008

Sent from my XT862 using xda app-developers app

bedara

Nov 16, 2010
Bihac
Great work Hash. Thanks.
Just some issues:
- no audio in YouTube (some users already reported that)
- no back light on sensor keys (a bit difficult to see in dark :))
- occasional fc's of dialer/contacts app
- sometimes it would unlock in my pocket
Other than that, everything works just great.
Battery life is amazing for this stage of development
(managed to squeeze out 20h with wi-fi on all the time, and whatsapp and fb running all the time).
No hangs, and no reboots.
Works great on GSM - 3G.
(btw, I use XT862 in Bosnia)

UPDATE: audio in YouTube now works - after installing Flash 11.1 (but video loading is still a bit slow)

Last edited:

bhuffman

Jul 7, 2008
BT Hands Free Doesn't work

Bluetooth Handsfree doesn't work. It pairs and connects, but the audio doesn't appear to be routed correctly.

Logcat shows this:
D/AudioHardwareMot: AP audio cannot be sent to BT SCO during a call; no BP mixing support
E/AudioHardwareMot: Error: write failed; no ALSA stream

also see this further up:
E/AudioHardwareMot: Error: Unsupported key = noisesuppression=off

Although there are a bunch of BT error messages too. So who knows.

-b

sloosecannon

Sep 10, 2012
My thoughts over a few points:

Useability: great!. My gtab running AOKP crashes more then my d3. It's great. Very smooth and great.

Radio/calls/3g, etc: no usability problems. Crashes when the other guy hangs up... Annoying, but not a problem. 3g works fine.

Battery: great! I've had better battery life on this phone with this ROM than any other device. Very impressed.
Other: chrome is really slow... Probably something HW acceleration related
Nothing else...

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used for specific feedback relating to KEXEC based ROMs (CM10/AOKP).

DOWNLOAD ROMS:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/solana

I know many users don't have enough posts to add to the development thread.

RULES: Please read through the thread and make sure you aren't posting a duplicate issue or one that's been answered.

CURRENT NOTES (Gathered from feedback):

BUGS FIXED:
    • Better stability, everyone agrees very few random crash/lockups

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Still considerable battery drain. This is due to several hardware components not sleeping correctly: CPU1, MPU and others. More work needed.
    • HW decoding is currently being revamped to use less memory (see YouTubeHD / netflix)
    • No camera function (at all). This will be a long-term fix with a new kernel driver for each camera sensor.

** MMS is a work-in-progress on *ALL* of our Jellybean ROMs. We are using a brand-new telephony-common .jar via Google "master" branch to solve our multiple radio / international switching issues. The downside is that Google hasn't decided how to handle MMS on this branch.
    For now use GoSMS from the market.

DEVICES TESTED:

Verizon Droid 3 (XT862):
    STOCK-RADIO:
    *should* be mostly working (where noted) using the .zip files from me.
    CHINESE-RADIO FOR US GSM:
    Needs build.prop edits found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33102553&postcount=422

China Telco XT883:
    ?? Might need specific patch to boot.

Canada XT860:
    Can boot, but no 3g and warm cpu due to cycling services. Dev needed w/ a device to create a patch for full function.
    Hashcode: US GSM networks work perfectly on the XT883 radio using the build.prop I made based on your 10-18 CM10 Kexec (and works on latest as well.) Info and uploaded here; http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33102553&postcount=422 I get HSPA 14.4Mbps (actual speeds around 5.5 on att in my area) and it shows an H instead of 3g ;) Wish mavrom did that.

For others needing info, read the thread in dev section for unlocking for att/tmobile, I post my findings there. Including (awhile back) of getting somewhat dual mode on us vze/gsm without radio swap. I was able to receive sms, calls, and 3g data on vzw with xt883 radio, couldn't call out or send sms (could use google voice for sms and grooveip for calls over data though). Then swap to gsm mode for my sim.

Back on subject, built in tether works on xt883 gsm fine, mms, etc. Only issues are known issues, all radio aspects work.
    In my case, dock detection WAS working in earlier builds, but does not seem to be working in the 2013-01-23 build.

Any ideas what versions worked?

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Are you installing in the first ROM slot? I've never tried CM10.1 myself, but I believe that it's required to run in the first ROM slot.

That's exactly the behaviour I saw when I had it in the wrong slot... Moving to the right slot fixed it for me.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

No, I didn't flash google apps. I don't have the google play app. In fact I don't know how to do that. I managed to log in to google play through the web browser but nothing else.

I also configured my google account, but only for e-mail.

Help?

Enviado desde mi MM3 usando Tapatalk 2

You need to find a package called 'gapps-something.zip' and install it the same way you did your new ROM. This installs all the google applications, like Google Play, and Gmail, etc.

You can read more here, complete with download links: http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps
    I thought that's what the =3 is for. But noticed mine is set to GSM/WCDMA auto.. Guess it should be GSM only?
    But it's weird.. If you disable the global mode, the settings get reset. Also, if you change to GSM only, then go back, and then back into Mobile Network, suddenly "only use 2G networks" is checked - where it wasn't before

Even with setting mode to =3 (that ensures it remains there on reboot) it can set itself to global (especially if you reflash the radio like I do when testing). GSM/WCDMA auto is what you want, GSM only would be 2g networks only (GSM/GPRS/EDGE). WCDMA is actually the UMTS/3g network. WCDMA only would make it connect to 3g only (UMTS, HSD(U)PA, HSPA, HSPA+, etc etc).

GSM/WCDMA Auto chooses 2g/3g networks based on the roaming list built into the SIM card (kinda like CDMA PRLs), so this would be your best option, unless you wanted to force either 2g or 3g (depending on network service/signal in your area) Or if you use, say, T-Mobile, which the D3 only supports the 2g band. So forcing GSM/2g would be best here to save battery.
    I've tried a *lot* of tweaks on the previous cm10.1 ROM from Hash, but I couldn't ever get the signal icon to reflect the actual signal strength, so I'd be very interested in trying out your fix !

-B

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Added that to my build.prop, and now my phone bootloops... Since this simple change can't possibly be the cause of the bootlooping, I restored the stock build.prop that came from Hash's latest cm10.1 ROM, through adb, and rebooted again : same thing.

I realized I had not rebooted once since I flashed that new ROM, so something else is definitely off :( I will try re-flashing from scratch, attempting a reboot after it comes up once, and *then* I'll try again adding that new property to my build.prod.

-B

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

So, flashing cm10.1-20130226 after a full wipe makes my device bootloop :(

The only difference is that this morning I got lazy and didn't wipe anything before flashing that new ROM (basically I flashed it over the previous 20130123).

I'm now restoring the backup I made this morning, and will try your build.prop edit on that, since 20130226 doesn't seem to be too stable afer all, at least on my device ;)

-B

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

All right, so your setting works fine for getting an actual signal strength on 20130123. I guess I'll stick to that for now,and wait for Hash's next ROM ;)

Thanks a lot MrObvious !

-B

I have experienced similar situations in the last 24 hours. But in my case the phone only seems to be in a bootloop, it has recovered every time I haven't stopped it myself. On first boot of a clean install it will usually loop 2-3 times through Moto logo, Safestrap, blackscreen, reboot. In one instance last night (I think it was my first reboot after clean install, no changes made) it looped 13 times before it actually went to the CM logo and booted.
    I am glad I am not the only one, as I actually have an XT860.

XT860 Users See This:

Speaking of which I have been able to get data "working" by replacing libmoto_ril.so with the one from my stock Bell ROM.
    attachment.php

I put working in quotes because it's not really working as you would expect but by following the method I will describe.

It is pretty cracky and I can't believe I even noticed it in the first place, but here goes:

With the attached lib file installed, and network set to GSM/WCDMA auto, and data enabled checked, go to the settings screen, where the wifi toggle is.

Turn Wifi off.

Watch your notification bar for the data icon to show that it is trying to connect.

When you see it count about 9 seconds then toggle Wifi ON. You will notice that the toggle turns first a darker shade of grey, then light blue.
    What you are aiming for is to have that light blue colour appear at exactly the same moment that the data icon first appears.
    Then you have to flip the Wifi Toggle OFF before it actually turns on and replaces the data connection.
    It takes some practice, and a stopwatch helps while you get the feel for it, but IT WORKS!:D
    Once connected you will maintain data until you turn it off manually, enable wifi, or airplane mode. But, it does reinstate itself after losing cell signal.

I've been out all day, Rocking CM10.1 from the 26th getting all my email etc and I just can't stop smiling! Not a fix, but a step in the right direction!

I attached a screenshot and my libmoto_ril.so(renamed libmoto_ri.zip)

Sorry Befour07! Reading back now I see I really should have made 2 separate posts, instead of one long response to you. Sure that was confusing for you before I edited. Really sorry.:(