[MOD][2/19][LJC/LK8/MA7]MultiWindow Mod - All Apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
Dang it lol...what probability of an odex version popping up?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Dang it lol...what probability of an odex version popping up?

0 :) I hate working with odex stuff. More so cause I'm lazy lol apktool works with deodex but you have to use baksmali manually for odex. Its not hard, I'm just lazy and most people run deodex anyway.

ix3u

Aug 15, 2008
No, its odex.

Hmmm... So in order to get this to work, I need to be deodex. If I were to flash the venum stock deodex over my current completely stock rom, would I lose all my data and have to start from scratch? The multiple windows is cool, but I don't really use most of the ones I can pick from so this mod would make it infinitely better.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
Viperboy, how can we add new apps that we install after applying this mod? Wipe cache, reapply mod?
Edit: Reporting worked, however the order of apps in the multi view changed after reboot. Oh well lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Hmmm... So in order to get this to work, I need to be deodex. If I were to flash the venum stock deodex over my current completely stock rom, would I lose all my data and have to start from scratch? The multiple windows is cool, but I don't really use most of the ones I can pick from so this mod would make it infinitely better.

All of your apps are in the /data partition. You can flash that ROM over your stock, but I wouldn't. I would recommend a full wipe. Use an app like titanium backup to backup only user apps and data, flash the ROM, redownload titanium, restore only user also and data. Boom, easy to go from stock to custom ROM deodex with all your apps back.

Reactions: BigJPNut and ix3u

adrian2pm

Oct 25, 2007
chi-town
how do i add other apps once i flash the zips?. I installed more apps using titanium back up after flashing but i do not see them on the list.

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
Ahhh thanx anyways. I wish I had better skillz with this stuff lol. I just like a fully odexed rom I guess. Hopefuly someone chimes in with an odex update. Have a good weekend bro!

cruecu

Dec 11, 2009
I agree. I'd donate for an Odex version. I know how to do the switch over to deodex, but I really don't have the time to sit down and do all that. I love the phone the way it is right now. This multi-window app seems useless to me without this mod. I know a bunch of us would appreciate having the odex version. I haven't even had a chance to root yet after the update. But I would make a point to sit down and do it for this. Thanks. I loved your evo 3d stuff.

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Ugh, you guys are killing me lol maybe tomorrow.

az18zz

Feb 24, 2011
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352565012332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352565012332.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 687

roofus3000

Nov 10, 2009
All of your apps are in the /data partition. You can flash that ROM over your stock, but I wouldn't. I would recommend a full wipe. Use an app like titanium backup to backup only user apps and data, flash the ROM, redownload titanium, restore only user also and data. Boom, easy to go from stock to custom ROM deodex with all your apps back.

Titanium Backup wouldn't work after I installed this mod and the deodexed rom. It seems as if it couldn't recognize that the device was rooted. Any Idea why this would happen?

cruecu

Dec 11, 2009
Just one more reason for an odex version. Odex f..t..w?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

ix3u

Aug 15, 2008

Well I went against the recommendation and just flashed the deodex over my stock only wiping caches. Been on my phone dicking around all day and zero problems so far! The all apps multi-windows is totally tits!

angeltk

Jul 16, 2007
Los Angeles
So a potential bug? I removed all the apps from the list to add only the apps I want, but it seems that if i pick one app and drop it into the sidebar, another app gets placed there instead, I'll post screenshots if needbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts