f this, i'm done, no more money from me, samsung...ever

Search This thread

Kiboe

Jul 20, 2011
Grand Island, Nebraska
Samsung, you have to be the worst company in the world to release a phone and not push the update, yeah, yeah, it's in verizon's hands, bladiblah! what the hell ever. Verizion isn't going to push it. the EOL for that phone is fast approaching, and may be quicker then you think!

half of your support needs to be either re-trained or fired.
long story short, about a few months ago i got a droid incredible by it'self with no service (just the phone) brand new in box, well, i had a blackberry at the time, and didn't know much about android, so, i let it sit in the box, found that same box today, fired the phone up. went ahead and did the ESN switch, yeah

- a now happy droid incredible 1 owner,

anyone have any suggestions on how to destroy the continuum, or take it apart for like...speakers...or somthing, i'm interested in using the 3.5mm jack for another project of mine.

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Please keep the phone in one piece for now, but I have an idea that I kinda would like to see xP

Can you take the screen out, and see if you can take off the black tape where the softkeys are???

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App

torque240

May 23, 2011
Please keep the phone in one piece for now, but I have an idea that I kinda would like to see xP

Can you take the screen out, and see if you can take off the black tape where the softkeys are???

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App

Lol I wanna see it too, wanna send me battery and cover too.. :)

Sent from my mind

phrite

Samsung, you have to be the worst company in the world to release a phone and not push the update, yeah, yeah, it's in verizon's hands, bladiblah! what the hell ever. Verizion isn't going to push it. the EOL for that phone is fast approaching, and may be quicker then you think!

long story short, about a few months ago i got a droid incredible by it'self with no service (just the phone) brand new in box, well, i had a blackberry at the time, and didn't know much about android, so, i let it sit in the box, found that same box today, fired the phone up. went ahead and did the ESN switch, yeah

anyone have any suggestions on how to destroy the continuum, or take it apart for like...speakers...or somthing, i'm interested in using the 3.5mm jack for another project of mine.

can always take it out to a shooting range, that is what i did with my razr.(you would be amazed at what a 308 does to a razr phone). i would have taken pictures, but ....wasnt anything left. anyways, you can always sale off the parts to people. i see one that needs the battery and backplate and trailblazer can use a study subject for the softlights.

lincoln3823

Nov 9, 2008
Speaking of esn switch I have a epic 4g laying around and I wonder would it be possible to use the phone on verizon network

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

Kiboe

Jul 20, 2011
Grand Island, Nebraska
Speaking of esn switch I have a epic 4g laying around and I wonder would it be possible to use the phone on verizon network

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

no, it only works for verizon phones, note how the ESN numbers have one like that says "VZW" that's because it is, now if the phone was unlocked, then maybe, but i'd take it into a store and ask someone there.

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Actually it is possible. Any CDMA phone can run on any CDMA network the problem is getting Verizon's Tier 3 or 4 tech support to add the Sprint ESN to Verizon's database.. Which they almost never do. You pretty much gotta know someone in that department to get it done.

Reactions: casca_the_immortal

casca_the_immortal

Jun 12, 2011

LOL, well man I feel you. It is in the hands of Verizon but Samsung COULD release the source code... that would help out a lot right?

pastorbennett

Mar 12, 2010
Minnesota
Hell, after waiting this long, we deserve an update straight to GB. I've spoken with more than one Verizon tech support rep. The story hasn't changed on their side. They are waiting on Samsung to release the update to them so they can push it OTA. It's pretty pitiful that Froyo has been out for over a year. Hell, my DX came with Froyo pre-installed last August.

On the other hand, Verizon needs to listen to their customers and put the screws to Samsung to get this released. The original date was set for Jan. 18. That was too damn long ago!

I don't know if i'm writing off Samsung completely yet. I bought the phone because I wanted the features of the Fascinate in a smaller package, and I love the AMOLED screen. I'm working on putting together my own rom with the features that I prefer, and I might post it after it's done and I've spent time perfecting and testing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually it is possible. Any CDMA phone can run on any CDMA network the problem is getting Verizon's Tier 3 or 4 tech support to add the Sprint ESN to Verizon's database.. Which they almost never do. You pretty much gotta know someone in that department to get it done.
    I want your battery!