[ROM] Canibal ROM ICS - Alwinner Tablet

Search This thread

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Thanks, I will try it out tomorrow and let you know how it works. I have a nandroid and titanium backup of my current rom now, and its been stable for a whole day. I should be able to install your rom via livesuite and then install cwm via adb and your script and the keyboard zip too.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Kev.

my rom its not installed via livesuite, it is via cwm recovery...

try it and let me know.

best regards

baxter888

May 23, 2012
how to install cwm recovery on MID74C

Hi homecanibal,

How did you install CWM Recovery on the device? Rom manager 5.0.0.7 says always MID74C does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet. Have you installed a Clockwork Mod based recovery manually? The answer is no. Do you have installed a recovery manually, if yes, how i do that?

thx
baxter888

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Hi homecanibal,

How did you install CWM Recovery on the device? Rom manager 5.0.0.7 says always MID74C does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet. Have you installed a Clockwork Mod based recovery manually? The answer is no. Do you have installed a recovery manually, if yes, how i do that?

thx
baxter888

Hi there,

Go here http://mpman-mid74c.blogspot.pt/2012/04/clockworkmod-recovery.html and download recovery (ICS or GB) and use recovery-install.bat to install, follow the instructions and voilá!

cheers

baxter888

May 23, 2012
Ok, thanks that is working. But on my device is also the button option and volume up mixed up. i try now to install your rom

thx

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Ok, thanks that is working. But on my device is also the button option and volume up mixed up. i try now to install your rom

thx

test and give me feedback.

if you have problems with mixed buttons, in clockwork have an option to test buttons, click in all buttons and give me the number, i'll upload a version from your keylayout buttons

thanks again for test my rom.

v2 beta online, but only for beta testers.

baxter888

May 23, 2012
Wow, very good. Works very fine, is stable, faster and better as before. Greate job. The keyboard layout is now also switchable to german, before i was not able to switch to a german layout, french was hardcoded ;-)

Thx a lot
I will try v2 if it is stable, because is my only tablet ;-)

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Wow, very good. Works very fine, is stable, faster and better as before. Greate job. The keyboard layout is now also switchable to german, before i was not able to switch to a german layout, french was hardcoded ;-)

Thx a lot
I will try v2 if it is stable, because is my only tablet ;-)

glad that everything worked

v2 will be a special rom, with unique features....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

I create a rom that can be installable via Clockwork Mod recovery

This is for Allwinner Tablet with 1.3 mpx camera like MPMAN MID74C, Ployer Momo9, Ivew 760TPC

Prós:
    - Overclocked to 1.2 Ghz (Can be unstable for few tablets)
    - Unlocked Market
    - Some essential apsp
    - Faster
    - Apex Launcher

How to Install:
    - Nandroid Backup your rom
    - Zip file to internal memory ou sd card
    - Reboot recovery
    - Wipe Data/Factory
    - Install rom
    - Reboot tablet
    - After reboot, turn off tablet and enter to recovery again
    - Install Canibal Script
    - Reboot tablet again

Bugs:
    - Apel Launcher look weird, reduce row to 5 and columns to 6 in landscape and 6 rows and 5 columns in portrait

Download and more infos:
    You can see here

Thanks to:
    eyeoncomputer for the script
    eduardogouveia for testing this rom

Best Regards
    How do I root the MID74C MpMan tablets please?

I'd like to install and test your rom but I can't see how to reboot to recovery or how to install and get clockwork mod installed without root access first?

thanks,

Kev.

If you have stock rom, it's rooted!

At my blog, you can download the clockworkmod and in zip file, you have the instructions.

To access to stock recovery or clockworkmod recovery you have to press menu button and power button for 2/3 sec and release them both.

best regards
    turn off tablet, then, menu + power button for 2/3 seconds and release...
    Installed and working fine here. Keep up the good work!

P.S. My tab is a NATPC Primatab, which appears to be identical to the MPMan MID74C. Everything works as it should.
    One problem I found with your rom. I was getting lots of reboots/crashes, every 10mins or so. Noticed that the system rom partition was pretty much full up.

I deleted a few of the already updated apps like Maps/Apex/Youtube etc and got about 25MB free and I havent had a reboot since.

thks for the report, i will upload a v2 clean build..

every time i reboot my tablet is doing a factory reset now.

How do I fix this? I thought i found vol+ and power as factory reset or something but now even when i just hold power button down to start I lose all apps, wifi passwords and everything.

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

you install script? everyone that doesnt install script have that problem...