[ROM][CM10.1/4.2.2]<KANG>SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One [12JUNE13]

Search This thread

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I'd sure like to try to fix it before deleting it. Thanks for the offer, mateorod.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Sure...I think I fixed it already. Very little thing if what I suspect is the cause turns out to be right. I will send you a pull request and you can test...my build server is occupied and since you just recently built and likely have the intermediate files, you should be able to test the fix in minutes.

Be very easy to miss this with so many projects to manage. I would be more certain I have the cause except I didn't spend the time to get completely versed in the way your various vendor projects interact.

You'll get it in a minute or two and we can see if further debugging is needed..maybe this has already been done elsewhere and I missed it :)

Edit: Sent. If this solves it and you are having the same issue on the touchpad, this should also fix it there.

Last edited:

lorddunlow

Mar 17, 2011
Awesome work! Working well so far. Currently restoring all my apps with TiBU. Love all the customizable options from the different ROMs!

lorddunlow

Mar 17, 2011
Really wanted to stick with this rom, but navigation bar went away and couldn't get it back. I'm going to try to reinstall from scratch, but I think I'm going to try CM for a little while.

This is a great rom. I'm sure the problem was operator dependent (my fault)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Really wanted to stick with this rom, but navigation bar went away and couldn't get it back. I'm going to try to reinstall from scratch, but I think I'm going to try CM for a little while.

This is a great rom. I'm sure the problem was operator dependent (my fault)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It may be defaulting to the pie. Swipe up from the center bottom, and you will get the pie controls.

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
PA Halo goes Open Source!

Hi shumash;

may be you didn't know about that: Paranoid - Halo goes Open Source now.

Please have a look here:

Code:
HALO goes open source

Non PA users

Make sure to tell your developer to take a look at these two links:

1. [URL="https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_frameworks_base/commit/518c329e8c67fa96b8a8fc22e1962ddb8497c333"]https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/a...962ddb8497c333[/URL]
2. [URL="https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/7c739a86e7a02451a63615d71f1b6c846caacdc6"]https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/a...1b6c846caacdc6[/URL]

Commits are streamlined and squashed, should be merged in a few minutes easily. HALO is still in beta since support for TabletUI and PIE is unfinished, among other minor things, but it's good enough for a release. 

As for the feature itself, I can honestly say it's been the most exciting Android project I've been involved in. I can think of absolutely zero reasons why anyone would dislike it in its current state. I sincerely hope you enjoy it, whatever rom you run.

Facebook

Again, we would like to thank Facebooks clever engineers for this idea. We've had a blast bringing it to new levels and making it entirely and creatively our own. This ain't 

just a random carbon copy, we've tried hard to make it adapt Android as best as we can, starting by extending the basic functionality to all apps of course and ending with that sort of integration which you would expect from any native feature.

Google

As for threats to Androids eco system, until now apps react nicely to our changes. Apps adapt, they simply assume a smaller screensize. We do have some remaining issues to clear but this should be safe when we are done. Should any doubt come up as to our integrity, we are prepared to do whatever we can to lessen negative impact. We have created white & blackliststs, we have flagged this feature beta and instructed our users of their responsibility to respect app developers should any issue arise.

We earn nothing from our feature and do this solely because we enjoy Android and the Nexus/AOSP platform. Our goal is not to spread and hack, we simply want to demonstrate that the AOSP platform and its compliant devices are already the creative breeding ground that anyone could wish for.

PA users

There seem to be no crashes or spontaneous reboots that we know of and we have observed and measured it long enough to know it poses no danger for your battery and performance. Therefore the code has been merged into our main branch. You'll get all the features and changes that happened outside of HALO's scope.

I will try to sum up what i see on Git:

- HALO has white & blacklists now. Blacklists can prevent apps from pinging through HALO, whitlists do the same but only allow pinging when you explicetly allow it for single apps, everything is silenced
- dismissal of notifications has been improved
- PA Wallpapers has been taken out of the rom and can be downloaded for free on Google Play: [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.wallpapers[/url]
- DCHSPA+ symbols
- Dirk Rettschlag's Quick unlock
- PIE option for emptyangle (the start gap)
- Birthness dialog updates
- Statusbar date/time layout changes
- Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
- Launcher does not need to be started when you go in and out of fullscreen (no more black flicker)

Oh, we took out GooManager since we will soon replace it with a custom solution that will make updating as easy as possible, with full context awareness of course (hybrid props, backups, kernel updates, PA-gapps, etc.).

Enjoy!

regards and thanx for your hard work...

bitstra

Reactions: shumash

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
[rom update] 12jun2013

I've uploaded a version, 2.10, that includes PA's HALO app and merges upstream. To get HALO's orb widget on the desktop, go to Settings->Hybrid Properties-->Interface (swipe right from opening screen). Change mode to phone, swipe down from upper right of notification bar, and you will see the HALO button. Press it and the orb will appear on the desktop. Change mode back to phablet or tablet, and the orb will stick.

Considering the lack of interest in this ROM, this will probably be the last update.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Cap18k

Jan 28, 2011
I think it's more lack of interest in the nook color lately rather than lack of interest in this rom. I'm actually amazed at the amount of roms coming out lately, and this is one of the best. It was pretty slow in these forums for a while. Either way, thanks for the support you've given our aging device.

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Hi all,

- a bit OT, but nevertheless -

I've released Bubble Launcher 1.1 here on XDA(free version) and also in play store (payed full version)!

FULL support for PA 3.56+ Halo))) - apps can be launched in downsized MULTI_WINDOW

Bubble Launcher is an 'always on top' side launcher for Android OS. It can be used on top of every opened app.
The starter (Halo))) inspired) hotspot is made as floating system window, so it can be on top of everything on screen!...

For more information and screenshots have a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2334221

Please don't ask, answer or post for that here in this thread!

regards

bitstra

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    35mfbr5.gif

This ROM is a combination of most ROMs Available
    Paranoid 3.1 + AOKP jb-mr1 + Cyanogen 10.1 = SCHIZOID

SCHIZOID is based on AOSP+CM source codes, stock kernel, and has all
    the stability of CM, the ROM control of AOKP, and the UI customization of PA..

FEATURES

• FULLY compiled from source with stock kernel.
      Multi-user
      PA HALO
      Color-splash for nav-bar and apps!
      Backup and Restore of PA settings
      Expanded Desktop
      AOKP ROM Control
      Latest Android gesture (swype-like) keyboard
      PA 3,1 with Pie Control
      Current with CM10.1 repo
      Contains all features of CM10.1 and PA 3.10 and some of AOKP jb-mr1

What works
    Everything (I think)

What doesn't
    Rotation sometimes hangs

Download: http://goo.im/devs/shumash/encore/update-skz_encore-2.10_jb_4.2.2-12JUN2013-122922.zip

Mirror: http://www.filefactory.com/file/75agdz45y70p/n/update-skz_encore-2_10_jb_4_2_2-12JUN2013-122922_zip

gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

• CM, PAC, AOKP and PA Team Members
    • mateorod who has been my mentor.

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    -> 12JUNE13:  
      - Include HALO
      - Version number change
      - Merge upstream
    -> 07JUNE13: Fix Permissions Manager crash
    -> 06JUNE13:  
      - Fix gapps crash
      - Merge upstream
    -> 09MAY13:  Fix PA configuration
    -> 07MAY13:  Initial upload
    [rom update] 12jun2013

I've uploaded a version, 2.10, that includes PA's HALO app and merges upstream. To get HALO's orb widget on the desktop, go to Settings->Hybrid Properties-->Interface (swipe right from opening screen). Change mode to phone, swipe down from upper right of notification bar, and you will see the HALO button. Press it and the orb will appear on the desktop. Change mode back to phablet or tablet, and the orb will stick.

Considering the lack of interest in this ROM, this will probably be the last update.

Enjoy.
    Build instructions

SCHIZOID Build Instructions

This guide assumes you have completed the Set Up Android Build Environment, or already have a 64 bit Android build environment set up. i.e., you have:
    - Installed Ubuntu 64 bit (I've run 32-bit Ubuntu 11.10 & 12.04 virtual machines without problems)
    - Installed the Android SDK
    - Installed the Java SDK/JDK

USE THESE STEPS INSTEAD OF THE GUIDE CM10.1 STEPS!
    1. CREATE THE BUILD REPOSITORY
    Create directories and setup your local repository using my git repository:

Create the Directories
    Type the following in a terminal window:

mkdir -p ~/bin
    mkdir -p ~/android/skz (or ~/android/[anything-you-want-to-call-it)

Download and make the "repo" binary executable...type the following In the terminal window:

Close the terminal window to insure these changes take effect.

2. INITIALIZE THE REPOSITORY

Open a new terminal window and type the following:

cd ~/android/skz (or whatever you named the directory)
    repo init -u git://github.com/shumashv1/Schizoid.git -b cm-10.1_encore

Now to sync the repository, type:

The default for SCHIZOID is -j16, but if you have trouble downloading, you can add -j4, or even -j1 -f to the above command.

Go eat dinner, maybe read a book... It's going to take a long time.

To build, make sure you're in your build directory, i.e. ~/android/skz, or whatever, then type in the terminal window

. build/envsetup.sh (note the space between . and build)
    :

When that completes, type:

Type in the number corresponding to "skz_encore-userdebug" (probably 11)

You should have a device.xml file in the .repo/local_manifests directory that was created automatically.

Then type:

Wait an incredibly long time, and you will find your skz_(stuff).zip waiting in the out/target/product/encore directory, or you can just type "cd OUT$"
    {rom update] 07jun2013

I've uploaded a new version that fixes Permissions Manager force closes. All Hail the Master, mateorod for his invaluable help in providing the solution.

Enjoy.
    I'd sure like to try to fix it before deleting it. Thanks for the offer, mateorod.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Sure...I think I fixed it already. Very little thing if what I suspect is the cause turns out to be right. I will send you a pull request and you can test...my build server is occupied and since you just recently built and likely have the intermediate files, you should be able to test the fix in minutes.

Be very easy to miss this with so many projects to manage. I would be more certain I have the cause except I didn't spend the time to get completely versed in the way your various vendor projects interact.

You'll get it in a minute or two and we can see if further debugging is needed..maybe this has already been done elsewhere and I missed it :)

Edit: Sent. If this solves it and you are having the same issue on the touchpad, this should also fix it there.