[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][jem] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Search This thread

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
In the PAPrefs, I cannot set the global DPI and it is showing 160 DPI no matter how I adjust the slider.
Per-app setting works fine, but it is very difficult for me to get to PAPrefs at first because the DPI is too small (I suppose it was 160, KFHD 8.9 should be 256 in quick calculation).

Yes I know. I have to change a couple things and push the changes and nightlies will be fixed but until then sit tight. This is an issue on all the kf builds

Sent from my Galaxy Player 4.0 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
Hi, I have been trying this ROM for about hour and here are my thoughts/issues:
1) system is fast same as normal CM10.1 from hashcode
2) it has flipscreen problem
3) ______the biggest issue is for me DPI (I cannot change it for all application and system easily), everything is really small

That is all for now :)

But thanks for this port ;)

What is the flip screen problem?

Also this is source built not a port ;) I have a thing against ports

bakib

Dec 24, 2009
What is the flip screen problem?

Also this is source built not a port ;) I have a thing against ports

Sorry for that, I dont do development :)
Flip screen issue:
- when I long-press icon on homescreen it will flip screen by 180 and back (so basically I am not able to remove icon from homescreen in landscape position). When it is in portrait position I can do that, but still it is anoying. And I think it is maybe connected to wallpaper issue (but this one I dont know how to describe easily - wallpaper is smaller, I can see landscape and portrain version of wallpaper in the same time).

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
Flip screen issue:
- when I long-press icon on homescreen it will flip screen by 180 and back (so basically I am not able to remove icon from homescreen in landscape position). When it is in portrait position I can do that, but still it is anoying. And I think it is maybe connected to wallpaper issue (but this one I dont know how to describe easily - wallpaper is smaller, I can see landscape and portrain version of wallpaper in the same time).

You said this happens in cm also? Maybe try a different launcher.

Also can you provide a picture of what you mean when you say you can see portrait and landscape wallpaper at the same time? Thanks

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 4 Beta

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
ok for now i have fixed the dpi sliders to make them actually work. many apps may look very large when you first use it but all you have to do is adjust accordingly.

the min dpi has been lowered to 120 while the max is still 360

place in etc/paranoid

also do NOT hit the reset button at all or they will go back to not working

Attachments

• properties.zip
    713 bytes · Views: 36

l3enjamin

May 17, 2007
Hong Kong
Flip screen issue:

This also happens in stock firmware, are you using Nova Launcher?

You said this happens in cm also? Maybe try a different launcher.

Also can you provide a picture of what you mean when you say you can see portrait and landscape wallpaper at the same time? Thanks

I think he is meaning that the wallpaper was scaled improperly so that the whole wallpaper is shown, including those parts shouldn't be revealed in portrait/landscape mode, which should also be a DPI problem with the wallpaper app.

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
This also happens in stock firmware, are you using Nova Launcher?

I think he is meaning that the wallpaper was scaled improperly so that the whole wallpaper is shown, including those parts shouldn't be revealed in portrait/landscape mode, which should also be a DPI problem with the wallpaper app.

if that has happened in stock and no one has been able to fix it, i cant do anything about it

as for wallpaper, not sure its a dpi problem but try the properties.conf in my last post and see if that makes a difference

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
if that has happened in stock and no one has been able to fix it, i cant do anything about it

as for wallpaper, not sure its a dpi problem but try the properties.conf in my last post and see if that makes a difference

I don't believe its dpi problem because the wallpaper problem is consultant in all ROMs. It happens out of the blue. Basically only when portrait your wallpaper will be cut off on the top and bottom about 1 &1/2 inches on each side. Then when you go to landscape the wallpaper is stretched. But if you restart the system ui or reboot or apply a theme with a wallpaper..... the wallpaper will be normal again. But when the bug is active, it looks overlapped. I think the wallpaperpicker apk thinks it's at a different rotation than the system (e.g., the tablet is at portrait; and the but the wallpaperpicker apk thinks its landscape) that's why restarting the ui makes it recheck.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk HD

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
I don't believe its dpi problem because the wallpaper problem is consultant in all ROMs. It happens out of the blue. Basically only when portrait your wallpaper will be cut off on the top and bottom about 1 &1/2 inches on each side. Then when you go to landscape the wallpaper is stretched. But if you restart the system ui or reboot or apply a theme with a wallpaper..... the wallpaper will be normal again. But when the bug is active, it looks overlapped. I think the wallpaperpicker apk thinks it's at a different rotation than the system (e.g., the tablet is at portrait; and the but the wallpaperpicker apk thinks its landscape) that's why restarting the ui makes it recheck.

Well if it's a problem on all Roms then I'll have to wait till either hash fixes it or some one else figure it out

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
INFO:

Due to the fact that I have not look at the nightly folder in awhile, I had no idea the builds were failing. I don't know the cause but within the next couple days, I will release I new stable build for you to use. This is provided I don't get the same error the buildbot is getting with the nightlies

A

AndroidSlave

INFO:

Due to the fact that I have not look at the nightly folder in awhile, I had no idea the builds were failing. I don't know the cause but within the next couple days, I will release I new stable build for you to use. This is provided I don't get the same error the buildbot is getting with the nightlies

Did you have setting ccache to 50 on server
You may want yo try a ulimit -m 300000 in the script
What error is it giving

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SVII using Tapatalk 6 Beta

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
Did you have setting ccache to 50 on server
You may want yo try a ulimit -m 300000 in the script
What error is it giving

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SVII using Tapatalk 6 Beta

Not my server. PAC server. Look in the nightlies link and look at one of the .HTML files. Doing a manual build now and so far so good

A

AndroidSlave

Not my server. PAC server. Look in the nightlies link and look at one of the .HTML files. Doing a manual build now and so far so good

yeah that error is most likely a java out of memory, I had that too, and increased ram allocation from 200000 on ulimit -m to 350000 and it started working (for my buildbot server)

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
UPDATED:

In light of the recent security fixes in cm and that nightlies were failing, i have created a new stable build. you will find it in the link in op. if for some reason you get signature verification errors, please ignore them.

changes:

20130711:

• Updated linaro
  • latest pac updates

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
UPDATED:

In light of the recent security fixes in cm and that nightlies were failing, i have created a new stable build. you will find it in the link in op. if for some reason you get signature verification errors, please ignore them.

changes:

20130711:

• Updated linaro
  • latest pac updates

Did you incorporate the DPI fix in the last nightly?

wojo797

Jan 20, 2011
All but gave up on my kfhd 8.9 ..put it up on cl.. Now I see these builds.. Thank you so much

manchucka

Aug 30, 2010
San Francisco
This is a really terrific ROM. Question: Do your nightlies pick up Hash's changes from his github as soon as he posts them or do you have to cherry-pick them later on?

? ?

Top Liked Posts