Search This thread

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
Good new brothers. CM 11 nightlies started to roll out for the LTE devices:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hltexx
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hltetmo
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hltevzw
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hltespr

Now hopefully, Samsung releases their KitKat sources to help the devs enhance the performance of CM 11

Do you know if there is a post that states what is or isn't working? I'm hoping they got NFC working for the T-Mobile version.

AhmadAlmousa

Aug 24, 2010
Mubarraz
Last edited:

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
More worried now when those who flashed 4.4.2 already can install cm. Since we have a new bootloader

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NOZX

Aug 21, 2012
Has anyone flashed this who is not on stock 4.4? If so which gapps are beung used?

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
I've just flashed this first official nightly.

Here are a couple of things which don't work at the moment:

1) The Microphone doesn't work in calls as stated in other posts. It works with other apps such as iRig Recorder, RecForge II and Tape Machine but it's completely dead during calls

2) The "Orientation sensor" doesn't work in this CM11 nightly, whereas it works just fine with the stock 4.3 ROM

Here are a couple of screenshots from "Sensor test" and "Sensor" both under CM11 and stock 4.3.
As you can see the Orientation sensor is correctly detected by the stock rom buy it goes undetected by CM11.

All other sensors seem to work.

Sensor_test_CM11_vs_Stock4.3.jpg

Sensors_CM11_vs_Stock4.3.jpg

Reactions: perosredo

dajumper

Jun 28, 2008
I hope there is coming a solution! But never again Samsung!!!!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NOZX

Aug 21, 2012
Well im on stock 4.3 but still couldnt flash cm official. Just says aborted. So no idea why

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010

1) The Microphone doesn't work in calls as stated in other posts. It works with other apps such as iRig Recorder, RecForge II and Tape Machine but it's completely dead during calls

2) The "Orientation sensor" doesn't work in this CM11 nightly, whereas it works just fine with the stock 4.3 ROM

Here are a couple of screenshots from "Sensor test" and "Sensor" both under CM11 and stock 4.3.
As you can see the Orientation sensor is correctly detected by the stock rom buy it goes undetected by CM11.

aosp depreciated the sensor in android 2.2: "Note: The orientation sensor was deprecated in Android 2.2 (API Level 8)."

Reactions: perosredo

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
aosp depreciated the sensor in android 2.2: "Note: The orientation sensor was deprecated in Android 2.2 (API Level 8)."

Thanks noobnl. Then why the Orientation sensor is detected just fine on a Galaxy S 3 running CM11?
Please see the picture below.

Also, am I right to understand that the lack of support for the orientation sensor prevents a number of apps from working - for example Google Street View, when you move around the phone to look in different directions (using the circular arrows on the bottom-left corner of the app)); or apps like Marine Compass, etc. They work just fine on the GS3 with CM11 but they don't work at all on the GN3/CM11.

GS3_Orientation_control_CM11.jpg

dajumper

Jun 28, 2008
I try to flash cm11 on my s4 with 4.4.2 leak and that is working fine but on note3 not! Strange maybe s4 has another security boot loader!

AhmadAlmousa

Aug 24, 2010
Mubarraz
I try to flash cm11 on my s4 with 4.4.2 leak and that is working fine but on note3 not! Strange maybe s4 has another security boot loader!

It's all about the bootloader and having a recovery that supports 4.4.2

I think in couple of day's devs would be able to overcome this issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good new brothers. CM 11 nightlies started to roll out for the LTE devices:
    International
    T-Mobile
    Verizon
    Sprint

Now hopefully, Samsung releases their KitKat sources to help the devs enhance the performance of CM 11

Source: Android Police
    I've got it downloaded and on the phone, just waiting for those niggles to be sorted before ditching TW.

Top Tip guys: Go download an app called "CyanDelta". It'll take the current nightly and it'll download delta updates to keep it up to date with the current nightly at the time, usually only about 20MB per go. Easy way to keep up with the nightlies, just dirty flash and away you go.

Well im on stock 4.3 but still couldnt flash cm official. Just says aborted. So no idea why

You need to remove the lines from the top of the updater script.