[APP] Music Controls as APP -Remoter -Its in the Market!

Search This thread

Kagedin

Jul 28, 2010
At the moment Study takes a lot of time, but in every free second i am working on Remoter, i am still working on properly packing it up in 2 apks, for the packages, but it doesnt want to work as i want it to :(

Thanks for the status update and the time your spending on this! I've tried developing a couple of apps on my own so I understand the work and time involved just letting you know your works appreciated lol

Sent from my VANILLA TAZZ using XDA App

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Its in the Market now, get it while its hot ;)

Remoter - Free :D

I'll try to get the premium up tonite...

QR removed... new is down there

Last edited:

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
updated it, found 2 "bugs" or just nosleep-mistakes, had the wrong icon and name for the app *shameonme*

Ill have to take a few days more for launcher premium, so for the next update of the free edition:

TODO:
Premium including Shuffle, Repeat, and Info, Seperate icons for all three Repeat modes,seperate Play and pause,
Both: Options menu, Automatic start of musicplayer if not running(selectable for previous and next track).

And sorry for all of you who are using other music player apps, these are way down the todo list, ill try my best, but i can't promise anything.

Last edited:

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
can't find it! maybe the dev pulled it ;D looking forward to it nonetheless.

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Working QR code

chart

Remoter - Free
by Tim Knecht
100 downloads, 5 ratings (4 avg)
Free
rating8.png

Sorry for the wrong QR code, now it works!
For further information visit my blog: http://timknandroid.wordpress.com

Last edited:

ForumBlue

Nov 13, 2010
I tried using vibrant and 2.1 stock music player apk with no luck? What music players are confirmed to work?

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
I tried using vibrant and 2.1 stock music player apk with no luck? What music players are confirmed to work?

Thats very strange, it should be working with the stock Android Music Player from 1.5 on. First take a look if the music app is named correct, 'com.android.music'. had this problem myself once. Second, the music player must be running first! At the moment Remoter is not able to start the musicplayer by itself

Last edited:

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
A small Update:

I am actually working on a few different features for both versions.

-next random song, does exactly this, one random song. (prem)
-automatic start of the music player for next/prev song and play/pause.(both)
-options menu, turning vibration, popups and autostart of the musicplayer on or off.(both)
- a quick gui menu that is transparent and has all the functions, if not used it disapears after a choosable amount of time, if used it will close automatically.(prem)
-popups for play/pause, next/prev(only "Next Song"/"Prev Song" in the free version), state of Random and Repeat(Prem only). (both)
-extra stop action.(prem)
-a show function wich shows whats playing, also chooseable for next and prev.(prem)

i am actually reworking the whole thing so it may take a few days till the next release but i am quite sure it will be this year ;)

MrTempest

Sep 9, 2010
Hi Rock!

I bought your remoter today, but can't get it to work. I am using the stock music player that comes in HTC Desire. When I've started the player and try to control in my homescree, all it does is that the phose wibrates once, nothing more. So it wont react.

You said previously, that the music-player needs to have the right name com. etc,
so if the name is wrong in my phone, how do I change that?

Would really like to get this working, love the outfit of your work

Thank you for your time!
Best regards, T

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Thank you for buying it :)

If your Desire is stock or with any sense rom, you propably have the stock HTC player but you need the stock Android player wich can be found in the forum, will add a link later...

Renaming the music player is only the case with the music mod wich also works but can be named differently in different roms. in defrost its named correct and works like a charm.

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Just sayin hello for a little update,

I've been working on the Update for Remoter for the last weeks, its just not working flawless enough... I just dont want to release it as it is, but be sure ther will be an update.

As of now the market requires Screenshots and a Promotional image, it would be nice to get some screenshots from you guys, i just hate to show three of the same device. maybe a few of you will get a little present from me ;)

TidusWulf

Sep 21, 2010
Seattle, WA
Here's my screenshots

here's my screenshots of it, using icons I got off of google images. obviously these icons aren't my property, so you probably can't use them as the official icons, but it wouldn't be hard at all to make your own (even with MS Paint). also, I use Launcher Pro as my home screen app.

the screenshot was too big to upload, unless I archived it, so I put it in a winrar file. there shouldn't be a password, but if winrar put one on (which it does by default) it's luelinks

EDIT: by the way, this is using your very first release of remoter. I haven't updated since then. :p haven't needed to.

Attachments

• bla.png
    bla.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 90
  • rla.png
    rla.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 90
  • thumbs_003198-green-jelly-icon-media-a-media22-arrow-forward1.png
    thumbs_003198-green-jelly-icon-media-a-media22-arrow-forward1.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 442
  • screen.rar
    363.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Thank you for the screenshots, maybe i will upload them, i need a few more so i can make a nice Promo picture for the market, the actual version of remoter has icons btw ;)

I have been working on remoter th last weeks, having some realy annoying problems...
I hope i'll get it working till iam 23 *laughing*, 6weeks, but i should get it. And there will be some nice features in it :)

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Excuse me for being absent for such a long time, hat tons of things to do, and i will update Remoter as soon as i can, I have to redo most of it for Gingerbread and i'll add new features...

I cant promise a release date, but i hope you enjoy the actual version of it!

Greetings

Tim

Just-in-time

Nov 4, 2010
App works great on my Droid 2. Wish i could turn off the vibration when pressing the shortcuts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As i wanted to control my music via LauncherPros Dock i created a few small apps to do it, Play/Pause, Next and Prev. Track, Shuffle and Repeat are actually working. At the moment it only works with the Stock Android Music Player, but further support for other music player apps will be included when it hits the market.

I have planned another app to show the actually playing track in a toast popup, but thats not ready at all.

As far as i know it should also work with widgetLockers custom sliders, in folders, with the more icons widget and so on, everywhere where an app is possible to be started.

I attached the apps, they are only signed for approx 90 days(from the 23rd on), cause its only a test package, there are no icons, but will be done when it is released to market...

Remoter is only a working title ;)