[Q] Updating Radios/Firmware from Unlocked Bootloader/S-on

Search This thread

bgymn2000

Jan 10, 2012
I unlocked my bootloader on HTCDev when it was available and thus am only S-On. Some roms say I need to be on the latest radios/firmware. Is there anyway I can update? If I used a decrypted RUU would I be able to unlock the bootloader again using the same key I got the first time I unlocked on HTCDev? Is it even worth worrying about being on on radios/firmware?

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The method you used to unlock isn't going to work again since HTC shut that down pretty quick. Your best bet would be to use rumrunner to get full s off.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Htcdev still works, you just have to select other devices. Also if your on the newest hboot rumrunner wont work, you will need to use firewater instead.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I was under the impression that vzw made htc lock the Verizon users out of that option. I suggested rumrunner because he most likely is still on the original hboot if that is what he unlocked with.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

bgymn2000

Jan 10, 2012
The release of firewater pretty much solved my problem... I just installed a stock rom and then ran firewater. Got s-off and updated everything. Firewater did work on the old hboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: disconnecktie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The release of firewater pretty much solved my problem... I just installed a stock rom and then ran firewater. Got s-off and updated everything. Firewater did work on the old hboot.