Android Market on Emulator SDK 1.5

Search This thread

zceep24

Jun 27, 2008
Is it possible to run Android Market on SDK 1.5?
It works on 1.1 with installing the 4 files: vending.apk, talk.apk, gtalkservice.apk, setupwizard.apk

anybody knows how to make it work in 1.5?

Thanks

yelo3

Nov 11, 2008
you have to download the google developer phone images (system.img userdata.img) from the HTC site and overwrite them in the emulator image directory (don't remember exactly where it is)

zceep24

Jun 27, 2008
find image files

do you know where can i find custom rom images ? the system.img userdata.img etc

Thanks

casper.bang

Jun 19, 2009
I can boot the Ion ROM image, but it refuses to use the LAN (emulator pass-through) connection so Marked is not really a possibility after all.

A

ankn

It's the same for me: with the files (recovery.img, system.img and ramdisk.img) from the HTC package, the emulator works well but the network connection is missing. What's your procedure?

casper.bang

Jun 19, 2009
I wonder if we can just pull out the proper .apk's and .odex files from the Ion ROM image and install/replace on the stock Cupcake image in the emulator. I did this with the Amazon application but have thus far not been successful with the marked.

ronni.rasmussen

Dec 11, 2008
Phuket
eronni.com
I got it to work by doing following:

1) Downlaoded and installed the android SDK.
2) Run the command prompt and go to the tools dir in the SDK.
3) Greated an avd with 1.5 as target with the a default hardware profile. ('android list target' get a list of targets, 'android create avd -n enhanced -t 2' creates the avd as target 2)
4) Download and unzip this image file. update-cm-3.6.5-signed.system.img.zip extracted it and put the system.img in the enhanced.avd folder.
5) Opened the emulator through a project in eclipe. But can be done as command as well 'emulator -avd enhanced'.
6) When android is running i first went to market and it seemed to work fine except that the downloads never started. So i tryed to install the MarketEnabler.apk and everything worked fine.

The system image is a developer image, and loading android on the emulator first time took quite a while.

So finally i can get the apps from Android market on the non-google branded mobile :)

zceep24

Jun 27, 2008
ddms file explorer does not work

Wow, market now works on my emulator.

However when i tried to pull the apk from the emulator, the ddms's file explorer does not work.

How do you pull apps ?

please help.
thanks

konop13

Sep 4, 2009
can't pull apk files

the same here ....

I got he emulator working with Android Market - apps are downloading fine :)

... but how do you get to those apk files downloaded to emulator AVD - so that you can then install them on non-google branded Sapphire device ?

many thanks

Joyrex

Aug 23, 2009
has anyone got the gps emulator working with update-cm-3.6.5-signed.system.img.zip ? Would really like to test out gps apps and keep market apps enabled. I can only get geo fix to work with GSM disabled.

ronni.rasmussen

Dec 11, 2008
Phuket
eronni.com
the same here ....

I got he emulator working with Android Market - apps are downloading fine :)

... but how do you get to those apk files downloaded to emulator AVD - so that you can then install them on non-google branded Sapphire device ?

many thanks

Didn't have any problems making pull from my emulator, havent really messed around with it for a while cause i got the perfect SPL downgraded on my Magic so got Hero, google apps and everything i need on the mobile now.

Does the adb list the emulator device ? "adb devices"

intheblanket

Apr 30, 2009
sorry i also hv same problem...

i cant pull apk from the emulator... hav someone get pull the soft from the emulator??? if yes... please tell the steps...

spyvingen

Dec 28, 2009
Is this possible on 2.1 now or is it just for 1.5 still?

And if so where can i find the img file?

ehalm

Dec 14, 2010
I made a Android 2.2 system.img with market,
su and busybox for Android SDK AVD, that you can download here: http://www.ehalm.at/avd-2-2-market.php?l=en
There is also an installation guide.
Please read them through so does the Market correct.

This video will explain again how to make the market work:

Last edited:
Reactions: dave5777

ehalm

Dec 14, 2010
AVD 4.3 with Play Store, SuperSU and more.

New version with Android 4.3 available!
Android 4.3 system.img with Play Store, SuperSU (root) and more for Android SDK AVD (Android Virtual Device).

• Google Apps (Google Play Store, Google Sync, Gmail, ...) included.
  • Rooted, SuperSU and BusyBox included.
  • ES File Explorer (can be used as root-explorer) and Titanium Backup included.

Here you can download it: http://www.ehalm.at/avd-4.3-gapps.php?l=en

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a Android 2.2 system.img with market,
    su and busybox for Android SDK AVD, that you can download here: http://www.ehalm.at/avd-2-2-market.php?l=en
    There is also an installation guide.
    Please read them through so does the Market correct.

This video will explain again how to make the market work: