Zubuntu!!!!!

Search This thread

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
I just got Zubuntu running on my universal!!! I'm so excited!!!!
It's kernel 2.6.32 with the android drivers enabled but i've only gotten zubuntu to start. None of the keys seem to work...or anything else for that matter. will do some more test and debugging.

Here's the link to the Zubuntu page

Here's a link to the rootfs

I got the kernel, default text, and haret attached below.

Attachments

• Image017.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 680
  • Image016.jpg
    Image016.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 463
  • Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

xardas_90

Apr 24, 2008
Ploiesti
is there any progress on this project?i think drivers from other linux kernel's could be imported.what works and what does not?

toxicdog

Jun 26, 2007
Sopron
www.toxicdog.hu
Making this work perfectly would be awsome, hence the large amount of RAM and CPU power!

Unfortunately im a linux user, not a developer.

I hope someone could get the touchscreen and keyboard drivers from other distro.-s, e.g Titchy linux, or Opie.

It has been already done for other HTC phones, and for Samsung Omnia, and there is a big bunch of programs already compiled for ARM versions of Ubuntu.

Getting and making the drivers work with this wont take more than days for developers, but without the suitable knowledge, it would take weeks for us to research everything about embedded linux's from zero.

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
I'm going to release a new 2.6.33 kernel, defconfig, and the source changes for everybody to play with later this evening (now posted below). It's faster and the power functions seem to work and you can see the touch screen enabled not functional in ubuntu tho.... :( .

Last edited:

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
KEYMAP

Posted corrected keymap above. All of the fn keys are as they are labeled on the universal except for & and the first and last rows of special keys.