【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Version for stock 4.0.4

I went ahead and made the mod using the stock 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Please if you don't mind would you patch this for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running Ir11 beta 2.
It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.

Attachments

• 4.0.4_framework-res.7z
    5.2 MB · Views: 104
  • working-apktool.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
I went ahead and made the mod using the 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Can u tell me how you got apktool to work I haven't even edited to apk tool when I decompile and then turn around to recompile I get errors I have been reading a lot of ppl are getting this. Am I doing something wrong.

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Can u tell me how you got apktool to work I haven't even edited to apk tool when I decompile and then turn around to recompile I get errors I have been reading a lot of ppl are getting this. Am I doing something wrong.

See my edited post above. I got that from someone's post here on xda, but I don't remember the thread. It's a modified apktool that works better with ICS.

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Ooh I see I'm doing if from Linux. Damn it lol. I wish someone has it for Linux.

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
I went ahead and made the mod using the 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.

can you use apk manager or apkmultitool? i was using apk manager maybe thats why it didnt work.

also just to clarified you just take resources.arsc out of the modified frameworks apk and put it in the original apk and push original apk to device?

Op you need to put a donate button so i can buy you a beer! this in combination with LMT is the best mod for the GN in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrx8836350

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Ooh I seen where u had to put the new aapt in with apktool and I did that but it still didn't work I will try moving the .jar file over. Pray it works lol. Thanks

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
can you use apk manager or apkmultitool? i was using apk manager maybe thats why it didnt work. i've used apk manager before maybe thats why it didnt work.

also just to clarified you just take resources.arsc out of the modified frameworks apk and put it in the original apk and push original apk to device?

Op you need to put a donate button so i can buy you a beer! this in combination with LMT is the best mod for the GN in my opinion.
I haven't had as good of luck with apkmanager/multitool. I just use apktool itself since it's simpler to me. Yes, resources.arsc is the compiled .xml's and you want to go from the modified version and replace the stock version. I've just always done things that way since I followed a guide I found awhile ago and I'm not 100% sure it's really necessary (but since it takes 2 seconds, I just do it anyway).

mrx8836350

Apr 18, 2011
KL
can you use apk manager or apkmultitool? i was using apk manager maybe thats why it didnt work.

yes push original apk to device& I have no donate account

rafi300

Jul 31, 2009
Android City
I just flashed this mod on paulobrien's modaco 4.0.4 and it's working beautifully with the new LMT v0.85 pie feature. No lag, no stutter... Pure full screen! Might even hide the notification bar.. Haha.
Finally full screen enjoyment of our gNexus!

Sent from my gNexus

nory82688

Jan 8, 2011
South Jersey
I just flashed this mod on paulobrien's modaco 4.0.4 and it's working beautifully with the new LMT v0.85 pie feature. No lag, no stutter... Pure full screen! Might even hide the notification bar.. Haha.
Finally full screen enjoyment of our gNexus!

Sent from my gNexus
Where did you get a flash able .zip for Paul's 4.0.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanna make my phone fullscreen to game and any apps
    now,it works ,I m using a gsm galaxy neuxs

video
    button savior

gesture LMT

gesture+pie LMT

--------------------------show pic----------------------------
    Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-09.png

Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-14.png

---------------- how to-------------------

just install the apk,and press ,than reboot ,be sure you got LMT or button savior

FullScreenToggle.apk

FullScreenToggleV2.apk-Support4.1

View attachment FullScreenToggleV2.apk -Support4.1 XDA link

LMT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Version for stock 4.0.4

I went ahead and made the mod using the stock 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Please if you don't mind would you patch this for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running Ir11 beta 2.
    It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

For some reason I can't edit my post to attach files :confused:

Anyways, made two flashables for your convenient :D

Don't forget to BACKUP first!!!

AOKPB23 GSM Only.
    hide navbar for Paul's Modaco Rom 4.0.4

Well guys , I got many requests of how i flashed 4.0.4 with this mod , so I am posting a flashable CWM zip for paul's 4.0.4 Rom . So here is the attached file. I didn't do any scripting, just replaced the op flashable file of aokp with 4.0.4 framework of modaco. Make sure you guys install latest version of LMT before you flash so you can navigate better after the flash.
    o_O That sounds freaking awesome!

I know I shouldn't ask this, but any ETA?

Sure you can! Give me 1 or 2 hours...