Search This thread

bokil

Mar 22, 2012
www.bokilphotography.com
fixed wifi “Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000″ problem in wl_cfg80211_connect

is this the fix for SODs due to wifi? someone was mentioning earlier?

personally i used 3.2b6 with wifi...i never got SOD.

Maybe i am mistaken about the issue?

sduford

Sep 4, 2007
Rio Hato
duford.com
@GM the s3 sucks. I shall be boycotting this one. Samsung have become sheeps. All there new features are based on apple designs :/ and oh boy is that phone ugly. and WTH is the S pebble?!

Sent from my GT-I9100

To each his own. I think it looks fantastic although look is not that important to me otherwise I would never have bought my S2 which is boring looking and way too similar to an iPhone.

Plus the GS3 has a fantastic screen, a very fast processor, a great camera and a high capacity battery. What's not to like? You know if you don't want the "bloatware" you'll be able to move to a different ROM very quickly.

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Ok guys i dug up miFluxi's kernel off the German forums. It's tweak app xxtweaker is installed and has some more screen control. Not colour unfortunately. Its in German too. Very snappy kernel tho.

GM I assume there's not much more in the screen department you can cherry pick? No colour control yet?

Xxtweaker for ICS

http://db.tt/qhnsicFD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
- lots of new patches&backports (for lowmemorykiller, bcmdhd and arm related) from myfluxi’s repo (thanks to myfluxi)

What does it mean? Better battery?

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
To each his own. I think it looks fantastic although look is not that important to me otherwise I would never have bought my S2 which is boring looking and way too similar to an iPhone.

Plus the GS3 has a fantastic screen, a very fast processor, a great camera and a high capacity battery. What's not to like? You know if you don't want the "bloatware" you'll be able to move to a different ROM very quickly.

And a notification led :D
No more looking for bln.

Reactions: Appumon123

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
Battery drain very high for me on b6 and was the same on b5. Think it might be the Bln.

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
Configure the bln notification to stop after one or three minutes ...you'll see a difference ...

I answer it within 1-2 minutes anyway so that wont make any difference to me. I'm gone back to the early rc6 where I had good results to see if my suspicions are correct.

johnbeetee

Mar 31, 2009
Twenthe region
I answer it within 1-2 minutes anyway so that wont make any difference to me. I'm gone back to the early rc6 where I had good results to see if my suspicions are correct.

..please share your findings.......I've had that same odd feeling, the last couple of beta's, but couldn't put my finger on it...:eek:

Last edited:

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
Why all are complaining that this latest kernel is bad...?? Even I'm the one who flashed this kernel... I'm perfectly satisfied with bln , stability performance... deep sleep. Etc... even no SOD... ;) perfect kernel... I guess GM needs to take some rest... Thank you for your best kernel... Thanks allot... Thank you Gokhan again :p I love you

Using Remix AOKP with siyah 3.2b6 :beer:

Edit with proof :
0ec23752-ee4d-0c4f.jpg

TapaTalk Gnex Galaxy Sii

Last edited:

marcosxd

Jan 4, 2011
Hermosillo
guys, I think you misunderstood or I could not express it correctly.
I will not sell or dispose my sgs2.
but I don't like the screen with this problem.
replacing the screen is not worth when we have a new galaxy device. so, if the screen is not replaced on guarantee I will buy sgs3 and keep my sgs2.

anyway... that is my problem, and I hope it will not affect the progress of this kernel.
I am trying to finish the implementation for flashing CWM zips to secondrom.
if I cannot finish it by tomorrow I will release it in beta8 later.

Or just wait a month so your thanks meter reaches 10k and voilà, free SG3 from XDA :D..

SO I PROPOSE, EVERYONE THANK EVERY GOKHAN's POST:cool:... who is with me? (I've thanking the man for a while now:))

Last edited:

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
Why all are complaining that this latest kernel is bad...?? Even I'm the one who flashed this kernel... I'm perfectly satisfied with bln , stability performance... deep sleep. Etc... even no SOD... ;) perfect kernel... I guess GM needs to take some rest... Thank you for your best kernel... Thanks allot... Thank you Gokhan again :p I love you

Using Remix AOKP with siyah 3.2b6 :beer:

Edit with proof :
0ec23752-ee4d-0c4f.jpg

TapaTalk Gnex Galaxy Sii

I'm not complaining mate. Just sharing my observations. My phone had good deep sleep and fairly even spread of frequencies and very little wake locks, yet higher than usual battery drain for my normal usage.

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
I'm not complaining mate. Just sharing my observations. My phone had good deep sleep and fairly even spread of frequencies and very little wake locks, yet higher than usual battery drain for my normal usage.

I dint mean u .... I saw someone commented on D4 Rom that siyah latest kernel is a bad one... if he comment like that then who will give correct feedback... as GM said may b I'm right... may b I'm not... I just tested it for 24hours and I feel good... ;) Donno whether I'm wrong..

TapaTalk Gnex Galaxy Sii

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
I opened the Camera to take a picture. The phone started to heat up like crazy.
In 10 minutes I lost 20% battery. I managed to stop the heating process by going to the Memory Management and cleaning up and closing all apps.
I tested it again and the same thing happened. This camera heating process started when I changed to "Moving Panorama" mode (sorry, I translated it directly from Portuguese, don't know the actual english name for it).

vertrag

Aug 8, 2011
Jakarta dan Tangerang Selatan
Im satisfied too...i've got issues on b5 because my two cores always enable although i already set the load(x)... but it seems back to normal in b6

PS: pls dont leave us when u get your s3 :p
vA9yo.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please leave non-dev related posts here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658647

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

Features:
    • based on JB sources
    • DISABLED CAP_ERASE (No superbrick bug)
    • All-in-1kernel because it supports CM9, CM10, Samsung, MIUI and Boot-to-Gecko (B2G) ROMs with a single kernel image. (no Sense4all support)
    • Dual booting support for all supported ROM types. See droidphile's post for Dual Booting FAQ
    • Custom CWM touch recovery with swipe gestures and double-tap selection
    • 6-steps CPU freq
    • 5-step GPU frequency levels. VPLL Mode to have additional frequency steps. defaults frequencies: 66-108-166-267-330.
    • Auto-root. You can also remove root via STweaks app and install it without rebooting your phone again. Auto-root can be disabled as well.
    • CPU Overclock/Undervolt support (we have two interfaces for that. both of them are defacto standard)
    • Tweakable vitalij's value (set to 5 as default)
    • Adjustable touchpad led brightness
    • Fixed fuelalert wakelocks
    • You can completely disable android logger using STweaks app
    • Faster charging for misc and USB modes. There are 3 modes (AC, Misc, USB) and normally last two of them support only slow charging. You can have charging speed of AC by increasing it (especially user while charging in car or using USB port)
    • Cpu governor optimizations
    • Gpu voltage, clock and stepcount interfaces (GPU Overclock/Undervolt)
    • Screen brightness curve settings with original panel gamma values. panel values unchanged, so you will get stock colors and will be able to use supercurio's voodoo display app when it is released. brightness modification will only change auto-brightness response.
    • BLN support both for Samsung and CM ROMs (you can use STweaks, Nstools or BLNControl app from the market to enable it)
    • Breathing or Blinking effect for BLN. (Make sure you don't enable blinking in any other BLN app) Use STweaks to select one of them.
    • Better touch sensitivity
    • Available CPU Governors: Pegasusq (default), Ondemand, Lulzactive, SmartassV2, Interactive and Conservative, Performance, Userspace, Powersave
    • CIFS as module
    • Available I/O schedulers: CFQ (default), noop, Deadline, SIO, V(R)
    • J4FS as module
    • ARM topology support (SCHED_MC)
    • Automatic EFS Backup
    • Lots of I/O tweaks and filesystem optimizations via some parts of thunderbolt scripts.
    • USB Mass Storage mode is working in CWM Touch Recovery and you can mount both internal and external sdcard as a disk drive
    • NTFS automounting for USB sticks. When you plug in an NTFS formatted USB flash it will be automatically mounted to /mnt/ntfs folder.
    • USB mouse and keyboard support
    • built-in profile support with default, battery and performance presets (you can change them in CWM Recovery). Even using everything default will save you a lot of battery juice.
    • Eargasm for headphone amplification (in STweaks) as free Voodoo Louder replacement
    • Almost everything is configurable such as scheduler features, hotplug thresholds, GPU frequencies, voltages, arm topology modes... and they are configurable via simple and free STweaks app which is embedded in the kernel and soon in Google Play & Opensource
    • Adjustable mDNIe settings
    • optional sharpness tweaks from hardcore
    • mDNIe negative effect toggle with home button (press it four times)
    • Touch gesture support by Tungstwenty. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831254)
    • BLNWW (BLN Without Wakelock)
    • Slide2Wake (originally by Fluxi)

More to come...

Known Problems:
    • no known problems yet

Thanks To:

• Chainfire, Codeworkx, Arighi, Tegrak, Vitalij, Entropy512, Netarchy, koush, Creams, sk8erwitskil, hardcore, Pikachu, myfluxi, Tungstwenty
    • This part will be expanded. most of the patches I applied are coded by someone else. please remind me if I forget to give credits to anybody..

IRC support and chat:
    Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/ (thanks to omniwolf)
    Changelog:

See http://www.gokhanmoral.com/ for changelog.

You can find the sources at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyahkernel3
    and initramfs at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/initramfs3

Todo:
    these are my future plans and some of them are dreams only...
    • apply chargecurrent modifications even if the cable is connected on boot
    • add optional teamwin recovery
    • make dual-boot timeout configurable
    • implement BFN (BackFlashNotification)
    • scheduling for BLN
    • organize recovery menu items
    • higher polling rate for light sensor
    • remap mouse right button to back button
    • exfat support
    • fix blnww battery drain issue (may not be possible)
    • implement dual-booting with GB+ICS ROMs
    • faster switch between first and second ROMs without needing to reboot if possible.

troubleshooting

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

READ THESE FIRST

• Never report any bugs to CM9/CM10 threads if you use it together with SiyahKernel
    • Do not ask questions to me directly. This is a common thread, not my personal inbox. Ask your questions in the thread and do not target them to anyone.
    • Do not expect answers to all your questions. There are some questions which nobody knows the answer of.
    • Do not forget that this is a development thread. There is another thread in general section for those who wants to discuss battery life and chats. If your post does not include a feature request, bug report or suggestion it should be posted to the other thread.
    • No ETA for new version. Even if I sometimes talk about release dates those may change and they change for some good reason or because of my real-life obligations.
    • Make use of "Search this Thread -> Advanced Search"
    • Never ever discuss anything deep-sleep related in this thread. I do not make modifications to prevent sleep and 99% of deep sleep problems are application/ROM related. discuss it in general section. I do not want any positive ("this kernel sleeps like a baby") or negative ("There is a big problem with deep sleep. Please fix it") messages in my development thread.
    • If you do not provide details about your configuration and settings nobody can help you or nobody will care about your problem/bug report. The problems without details (ROM, settings, preferably the version that the problem first happened or the one that you don't experience the problem) will be ignored.
    • Never ever report any SOD issues if you are undervolting/overclocking and make sure you attach last_kmsg log. If you don't know what it is report the problem to the other thread because one more post without any useful information on dev thread will help noone including yourself.

FAQ:

Q: I am having some random lockups with some apps
    A: try removing root by using STweaks app and restart.

Q: What is the difference between STweaks and ExTweaks?
    A: Both have similar functionality. ExTweak is Xan's implementation of the UCI interface (which is designed by Xan and me with the helps of AndreiLux and implemented in the kernel as open scripts by me) and STweaks is mine. I was hoping Xan would release the sources of ExTweaks (without profile support) but he changed his mind and I decided to open STweaks. Soon they will have almost identical functionality, so you can use whichever you like.

Q: Does this kernel work on XXXXXX-ROM?
    A: If the ROM is based on Samsung Stock ICS Rom LPQ or newer, it should. Otherwise, search the thread... If you cannot find any reference to that ROM, try the kernel. You won't lose anything by trying this kernel. Worst case scenario is to reflash your previous kernel or ROM. You can backup your previous kernel with Hellcat's k-tool from the market.

Q: Where is CM9, MIUI or Samsung ROM versions?
    A: There is only one version. Both ROMs are supported with a single kernel image.

Q: What is the best settings?
    A: It is the one you try yourself and like.

Q: I have just lost 20-30% battery by just rebooting/flashing the kernel. Is it a bug?
    A: No. It happens because of our fuel gauge chip which doesn't require calibration goes crazy sometimes. It is not related with kernel or ROM. Just reset fuel gauge chip using STweaks app (or remove the battery and wait 3 minutes) and then charge your phone.

Q: BLN doesn't work.
    A: you need to enable it in stweaks or BLN app. if you have more than one app to configure bln make sure all of them use the same settings.

Q: BLN works in test mode but it doesn't work otherwise.
    A: if test mode works you should blame the apps. Stock messaging and email apps may not support BLN and in some other applications you may need to enable notifications. Either find another application or change your ROM.

Q: Can I use breathing effect without using BLN?
    A: for now, breathing effect only works in BLN. There is no way of using it otherwise.

Q: I need to disable and re-enable BLN in stweaks to get it working again. What is the problem?
    A: You may have another BLN related application (BLNapp, nstools, or a script) which disables BLN after stweaks apply the setting at early boot stage. you have to either uninstall that app or enable BLN in that app as well.

closing the thread once again...

I don't want to piss the mods again because this thread attracts too many people.
    most of them misinterpret the "this is a development thread" statement and use the thread for their self-development purposes.

There are very few people who give useful feedback and suggestions and I talk to them over gtalk, email or PMs anyway.

greetings :)