ZendroKat: How to get it run WITHOUT needing an SD card...

Search This thread

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
How can ZendroKat be got run without needing an SD card? Even in NAND version, kernel is loaded from sd (maybe recovery, too) - how can everything be transfered to internal memory and run from there?

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
How can ZendroKat be got run without needing an SD card? Even in NAND version, kernel is loaded from sd (maybe recovery, too) - how can everything be transfered to internal memory and run from there?

Impossible without modifying FOTA or partition table (need to rebuild kernel).
And you'll get no external storage, not sure android can run without external storage.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Uhhhh, this means there is not any "real" NAND version of Android for Samsung Wave??? What do I need a NAND ROM, if I need a SD card anyway? Do not understand that...

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Uhhhh, this means there is not any "real" NAND version of Android for Samsung Wave??? What do I need a NAND ROM, if I need a SD card anyway? Do not understand that...

Full nand, nope, except if you change some lines of code, not a big deal but it need sources.
Loop rom (virtual partition on Nand), don't need sdcard (look at Badadroid.)

Reactions: TheBasterd

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Does this loop ROM need Bada? Or is it independent?

Yes, it need bada 2. But, its dual boot, so you can run both android and bada side by side.

In fact, it don't really "need" bada (at least what is in nand), but it just need bada partition layout. You can install badadroid if your nand is formated with 3 fat partition, like in bada, you can also install it with any partition scheme if you change some lines of code in kernel. (It doesn't improve anything but you can have badadroid without bada on your phone, useless i know :D)

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
In fact, it don't really "need" bada (at least what is in nand), but it just need bada partition layout. You can install badadroid if your nand is formated with 3 fat partition, like in bada, you can also install it with any partition scheme if you change some lines of code in kernel. (It doesn't improve anything but you can have badadroid without bada on your phone, useless i know :D)

But, I think it is much better to have bada 2 as well, because the alpha android ROMS are not optimised to be daily drivers and hence it is much better to have dual boot. Dont you agree? SD Roms and Badroid are really cool for that reason.

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
But, I think it is much better to have bada 2 as well, because the alpha android ROMS are not optimised to be daily drivers and hence it is much better to have dual boot. Dont you agree? SD Roms and Badroid are really cool for that reason.

Android is ready for daily use except it has crappy battery life. But it's of course better to have bada as a backup system.
You can have badadroid only but it's (almost) pointless.

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
Android is ready for daily use except it has crappy battery life. But it's of course better to have bada as a backup system.

True, the battery life is very poor, and installing apps takes ages!

Hmm.., then which ROM are you using? The other one that cannot be named? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Full nand, nope, except if you change some lines of code, not a big deal but it need sources.
    Loop rom (virtual partition on Nand), don't need sdcard (look at Badadroid.)
    Does this loop ROM need Bada? Or is it independent?

Yes, it need bada 2. But, its dual boot, so you can run both android and bada side by side.