Trying to go back to stock, need a little bit of help

Search This thread

n3xas

Jul 15, 2012
Kaunas
Hi,

I am trying to go back to stock (S-on and probably bootloader unlocked since it's a dev edition) so I could send the phone for repairs. I successfully flashed:

RUU Zip M7_UL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_3.22.1540.1-decrypted

but my hboot did not change and is 1.55. A lot of posts say it should be stock before trying to S-On or locking the bootloader. Does "stock" mean the one which the phone came with (1.44) or the one flashed with the RUU (probably 1.55)?

Also, if I successfully S-on with hboot 1.55, after I get the phone back is there a chance I will not be able to S-off again?

my info:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.20.3263.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.22.1540.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BS_US001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4138mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fe1214a4f2
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

n3xas

Jul 15, 2012
Kaunas
RUU.ZIP method (read posts #1, #2, and #4) from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

using this ruu.zip http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_ul_jb_50_brightstarus_wwe_1-29-1540-3-zip/

and I guess you can skip setting LOCKED since it's a US Dev Edition

Thanks a lot, this will downgrade my hboot?,

Could you explain why the RUU which I flashed is not a good one? and just for future reference:

Does "stock hboot" mean the one which the phone came with (1.44) or the one flashed with the RUU (probably 1.55)? Or just a not modified one?

Also, if I successfully S-on with hboot 1.55, after I get the phone back is there a chance I will not be able to S-off again?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

Could you explain why the RUU which I flashed is not a good one? and just for future reference:

Does "stock hboot" mean the one which the phone came with (1.44) or the one flashed with the RUU (probably 1.55)? Or just a not modified one?

1- yes it will downgrade, wipe, and restore everything to 100% stock.

2- "stock hboot" doesn't mean 1.44; 100% stock refers to the ROM + firmware (hboot is included in firmware) being HTC stock, i.e. nothing custom. It could be any version, so if you go buy a new M7 at the moment, high chances it already comes with hboot 1.57 (or at least 1.56)

3- there's nothing "wrong" with the ruu you suggested, but hboots above 1.54 (at least some), have shown to trigger "tamper detected - rebooting" and tampered being back in the bootloader screen, when going from S-Off to S-On
so to be safer, I suggested an older RUU

so if you intend on going S-ON, then I highly recommend you do it on hboot 1.44 or 1.54 (ROM/firmware version 1.xx.xxx.x or 2.xx.xxx.x respectively)

Reactions: n3xas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RUU.ZIP method (read posts #1, #2, and #4) from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

using this ruu.zip http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_ul_jb_50_brightstarus_wwe_1-29-1540-3-zip/

and I guess you can skip setting LOCKED since it's a US Dev Edition

1- yes it will downgrade, wipe, and restore everything to 100% stock.

2- "stock hboot" doesn't mean 1.44; 100% stock refers to the ROM + firmware (hboot is included in firmware) being HTC stock, i.e. nothing custom. It could be any version, so if you go buy a new M7 at the moment, high chances it already comes with hboot 1.57 (or at least 1.56)

3- there's nothing "wrong" with the ruu you suggested, but hboots above 1.54 (at least some), have shown to trigger "tamper detected - rebooting" and tampered being back in the bootloader screen, when going from S-Off to S-On
    so to be safer, I suggested an older RUU

so if you intend on going S-ON, then I highly recommend you do it on hboot 1.44 or 1.54 (ROM/firmware version 1.xx.xxx.x or 2.xx.xxx.x respectively)