[RoM]UCLD3 Official ATT "Leak" !CLOSED! because TW sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AJ Newkirk

Aug 19, 2007
Lexington, KY
d-h.st
are you talking about the UCLD3 build before task fixed it on 4/20 or the 4/20 build, Ive been running the second build for about a week and so far so good.

Be sure you read this asap. And this. It may save your device.

You need to flash a known good kernel that is NOT based on the M250 sources....such as this one , or the NEAK or Siyah kernels.

Do NOT perform a wipe...just flash a known good kernel.

Reactions: Galaxy_Cat

ejosh1

Jun 26, 2011
Reno
Razer Phone 2
RC 6 Bad Kernel

Ok thanks for the info, but i guess i am confused, the kernel from the UCLD3 Rom I flashed from tasks 4/20 update is 3.0.15-i777ucld3-cl370544 se.infra@sep-69#3 there is no RC6 in the tag at all, so is this one ok or not? Has anyone had problems with the UCLD3 Task released on 4/20.

Last edited:

AJ Newkirk

Aug 19, 2007
Lexington, KY
d-h.st
AJ the kernel you built is based off Entropys kernel and not the ucdl3 kernel? Just configured for this leak? Or is it based off the leak kernel?

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING my RattleSnake Rom

The kernel that I posted is based on Entropy's source. It is not based off the leak in any way, it just works with the leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
The kernel that I posted is based on Entropy's source. It is not based off the leak in any way, it just works with the leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. That is what I thought and just wanted clarification on it. I used it the last time I put an update on my rom. It has been working flawlessly by the way.

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING my RattleSnake Rom

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Here is why I liked mobile ODIN better:
1. It doesn't flash bootloaders. So all the risk related to the desktop ODIN is gone. And it can root the phone while you are flashing.

2. ODIN is similar to what Samsung does internally for testing. So, it is tested and verified by Samsung to be working in most cases. On the contrary, custom kernels packed with CWM doesn't go through this. And the fate your phone is dependent upon one developer's thorough testing (or not) and understanding of what changed in the latest code.

3. Samsung can intentionally or unintenionally break the code for CWM support. As far as Samsung concerns, it is a non-issue because it does not officially support CWM in the first place. So, the only way to find out if the kernel works or not is by some unfortunate sol bricking his phone. Like this example. There is simply no way to prevent this from ever happening.
ODIN and Mobile ODIN have NOTHING to do with each other other than the name.

As to 3) - Samsung cannot do ANYTHING to break CWM without breaking their own stuff. Anything that would cause a hardbrick when wiping with CWM would also cause 3e recovery to fail in the exact same manner. Also, the current suspect for why M250S/K/L sources, in addition to many leaks, fail is due to Samsung flagging the MMC driver as capable of the MMC ERASE command - which would cause large file deletions (such as deleting a video) to be just as dangerous as a partition wipe. (But we could be wrong about this being the root cause - however it's the leading suspect.)

jjbarisax

Oct 23, 2007
Portland Oregon
Ok thanks for the info, but i guess i am confused, the kernel from the UCLD3 Rom I flashed from tasks 4/20 update is 3.0.15-i777ucld3-cl370544 se.infra@sep-69#3 there is no RC6 in the tag at all, so is this one ok or not? Has anyone had problems with the UCLD3 Task released on 4/20.
Yes, I hardbricked going to AOKP i777 - Luckily I'm getting the phone replaced under warranty. My bad - I hardbricked trying to clear data in CWM before rebooting to AOKP. After doing this the phone could not be powered on.

Smokeaire

May 11, 2010
Missouri
Yes, I hardbricked going to AOKP i777 - Luckily I'm getting the phone replaced under warranty. My bad - I hardbricked trying to clear data in CWM before rebooting to AOKP. After doing this the phone could not be powered on.

There was a bad UCLD3 release that was bricking phones. It was fixed very quickly. Posts about it are in here someplace.

Extreme responses to people have become the norm.

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
There was a bad UCLD3 release that was bricking phones. It was fixed very quickly. Posts about it are in here someplace.

Actually, we don't know if it is fixed or not. There is no way to test (if it bricks, your phone is history). From what Entropy posted, the bug is in the latest kernel and there is no way to fix it unless you use a different kernel.

Reactions: Smokeaire

Galaxy_Cat

Mar 13, 2012
Oakland
Be sure you read this asap. And this. It may save your device.

You need to flash a known good kernel that is NOT based on the M250 sources....such as this one , or the NEAK or Siyah kernels.

Do NOT perform a wipe...just flash a known good kernel.

Sorry to troll this forum, but I don't want to miss an educational moment (I learn so much from Task's and Entropy's threads).

You say not to wipe when flashing a known good kernel over a bad one, but I'm wondering if you also mean not to wipe dalvic and cache. Thank you in advance, I appreciate any best-practices knowledge you can share!

Snow02

Dec 6, 2009
Sorry to troll this forum, but I don't want to miss an educational moment (I learn so much from Task's and Entropy's threads).

You say not to wipe when flashing a known good kernel over a bad one, but I'm wondering if you also mean not to wipe dalvic and cache. Thank you in advance, I appreciate any best-practices knowledge you can share!

No need to wipe those with just a kernel flash anyways. But I wouldn't wipe anything until after you've booted the new kernel.

Reactions: Galaxy_Cat

Smokeaire

May 11, 2010
Missouri
Actually, we don't know if it is fixed or not. There is no way to test (if it bricks, your phone is history). From what Entropy posted, the bug is in the latest kernel and there is no way to fix it unless you use a different kernel.

I had to go back to pages 117-120 to refresh my aging memory. Yes it was a kernel issue.. Thanks.

ejosh1

Jun 26, 2011
Reno
Razer Phone 2
Sorry JJ

Sorry about your brick, i just flashed aj's replacement kernel so far so good, if the warranty thing dont work out you should goto mobiletechvideos . com and get your device Jtag repaired, i did, it took less than a week using xpress delivery option.
70 bucks and a week later sgs2 was good as new

kLAcK107

Apr 5, 2011
I also got a brick.

I've been bouncing around from LC5 to ShowSTOCK2 to LD3 back to ShowSTOCK over the past week.

I tried to install AKOP and it went dead.

I read the warnings, but figured I was good since I've been going back and forth. :(

So I don't think its fixed.... lucklily i'm within 30 days return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thead closed. I don't support TW Bull****. Leaks are about as worthless as they come. Too many issues with this thread.

DONT EXPECT ANY SUPPORT FOR THIS FIRMWARE!!!​
    Reserved for naked pictures of me.
    Heres the new LC5 Modem:D

Packaged for CM9/AOKP based roms...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0geckxxr9ikrjh7

Packaged for Samsung based roms...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g8gegs97sbbdzyy
    task, got a new leak coming your way soon.
    You basically said "kang away, if you get caught, drop credits in!". That is truly unsettling, you're a mod and you don't seem to know rule# 12.

You mean this rule?

If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission, and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you.

Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.

These rules apply to all software posted on XDA unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.