SM-G900V working on T-Mobile!

Search This thread

justFaisal

Apr 18, 2011
So i just bought a Verizon S5 and it wasn't activated on Verizon yet and i put my T-mobile sim card in it and its working fine, its been a whole day now and its still working fine (data, calls, texting) apart from the notification "The sim card is from an unknown source".

Has anyone else tried it?

jackdubl

Aug 14, 2010
This is great for people that want to buy the bootloader locked phone and use on T-Mobile instead of buying the T-Mobile bootloader unlocked phone. Why anyone would want to do that, though...

Free storage from Copy:
https://copy.com?r=cScoov

Reactions: elliwigy

Franzie3

Sep 24, 2010
Newburgh, NY
I think only Band 4 LTE works. You must be in an area that has it. That was the case with most 4G LTE phones with Band 4. I think the droid maxx was in the same boat. Now if it was the other way around that would be super.

justFaisal

Apr 18, 2011
I've also seen people using Verizon's note 3, Galaxy S4 and S3 on T-mobile with no problem or modification.
So the phone is considered locked or unlocked in this case? could it be that Verizon isn't paying too much attention to locking their devices in the US like before?

mrkevo3000

Mar 26, 2010
Seattle
My Verizon S5 seems to not work on T-Mobile. I have a circle with a line going through it at the top. I've tried setting it to global and gsm and even added the T-Mobile APN setting still no dice. Any solutions?

PuffJr2

May 4, 2013
They are SIM unlocked.
meaning theoretically you can throw in any SIM card from any carrier as long as your device supports it, and it should work without modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: elliwigy

russianthony

Oct 31, 2014
Are these sim unlocked for all bands supported by this device? Including 700 mhz band 13??

I need to use this device for the Entel network.

Last edited:

XR01

Nov 27, 2011
So i just bought a Verizon S5 and it wasn't activated on Verizon yet and i put my T-mobile sim card in it and its working fine, its been a whole day now and its still working fine (data, calls, texting) apart from the notification "The sim card is from an unknown source".

Did you get 4G and LTE? Any speed test?
This phone can be purchased for $400 right now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...nes&var=&hash=item4189bb3850&afepn=5337259887

mm83

Feb 2, 2015
San antonio
Guys guys guys. ALL verizon phones made in 2013 and 2014 are unlocked by default.

Follow Me @Bash_array

Yes. All Verizon phones are world phones. However, if you want them to use 4g lte on other carriers. You must manually enter the apn

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Has anyone else tried it?

If you want to remove the Sim card notification. Use titanium backup to freeze or Uninstall the "setup" app. The notification will instantly be removed.

Last edited:

4ringsa6

Apr 29, 2013
All Verizon phones with LTE made after around 2013 are unlocked. It's due to fcc agreement for a lte band iirc.

planb234

Oct 19, 2012
Murica, USA
What does them being unlocked mean? I can see in the bootloader that it is unlocked but i can do nothing with that phone. I've paid a couple of sites to get the unlock for me and they also can do nothing. Although "unlocked " it will not let me put a recovery in it, can not root it, can not put a sim other than vetizon un it. I want to change it to sprint but am able to do nothing with it.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I sure can't get the sim unlocked phone to accept anything but a verizon sim. I can't even buy a unlock code.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

How do you fire up titanium back up eith out root?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I bought a verizon and want to use it on sprint. Why? Just as a favor to a friend that needed to pay it off. If i got a phone that just worked it would take the fun out of it.

wrecless

Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma Washington
If your using a Verizon Galaxy S5 with a T-mobile sim like me. You just need to install a t-mobile rom and it will do everything a tmobile GS5 will do including wifi calling wifi teather 4g 3g edge ect... also the volte works. Verizon roms will give you bugs like 1x no servive when in a call or it wont let you change the voicemail number and kick you out of calls or give you a no sim error every time you hang up a call the list goes on and on. I'm using Twisted loli from the t-mobile section and it works perfect. If your already rooted Just install the 5.0 rom of your choice and boot directly to download mode then install the Vzw OC4 firmware only file with odin and thats it! Let it boot and you will now have a tmobile phone.
get the firmware here and make sure you only use the RETAIL FIRMWARE ONLY file. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784880

Last edited:

lestwejest

Jun 5, 2015
If your using a Verizon Galaxy S5 with a T-mobile sim like me. You just need to install a t-mobile rom and it will do everything a tmobile GS5 will do including wifi calling wifi teather 4g 3g edge ect... also the volte works. Verizon roms will give you bugs like 1x no servive when in a call or it wont let you change the voicemail number and kick you out of calls or give you a no sim error every time you hang up a call the list goes on and on. I'm using Twisted loli from the t-mobile section and it works perfect. If your already rooted Just install the 5.0 rom of your choice and boot directly to download mode then install the Vzw OC4 firmware only file with odin and thats it! Let it boot and you will now have a tmobile phone.
get the firmware here and make sure you only use the RETAIL FIRMWARE ONLY file. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784880

Apologies, but I am trying to upgrade my GS5 to lolli (using a Tmo sim in a Vzw GS5) and I was hoping you could be a little more clear in your instructions. (Still kind of a newb here). I have root, safestrap, etc. if you could just list out a little more detailed in steps what needs to be done that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance and sorry for not understanding so easily.

wrecless

Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma Washington
Apologies, but I am trying to upgrade my GS5 to lolli (using a Tmo sim in a Vzw GS5) and I was hoping you could be a little more clear in your instructions. (Still kind of a newb here). I have root, safestrap, etc. if you could just list out a little more detailed in steps what needs to be done that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance and sorry for not understanding so easily.
I'm using Twisted V7 from here http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s5/development/rom-twi5ted-lollipop-5-0-v1-deviant-t3037766
Download and save it to your SD card.
Then go here and download the OC4 Retail Firmware Only file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784880
Save it to your desktop.
Boot to SafeStrap or Flashfire and do a wipe for clean install. Then install the downloaded rom like normal.
After it installs re-boot directly to Download Mode and plug your phone to your computer (if using FlashFire you need to select reboot to download mode before you flash or you'll have to do it manually after an unsuccessful boot)
Open Odin and click AP. Browse for the OC4 Retail Firmware Only file you saved and click start.
After a few seconds the process will complete and your phone will re-boot at that point you are done and can unplug from the computer.
Give the phone a few minutes to boot. Mine took about 5 minutes. That's it.

Last edited:

Sedinsamsung

Aug 7, 2014
Bowling Green KY
Question

I'm using Twisted V7 from here http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s5/development/rom-twi5ted-lollipop-5-0-v1-deviant-t3037766
Then go here and download the OC4 Retail Firmware Only file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784880
Save it to your desktop.
Boot to SafeStrap or Flashfire and do a wipe for clean install. Then install the downloaded rom like normal.
After it installs re-boot directly to Download Mode (if using FlashFire you need to select this before you flash or you'll have to do it manually after an unsuccessful boot)
Open Odin and click AP. Browse for the OC4 Retail Firmware Only file you saved and click start.
After a few seconds the process will complete and your phone will re-boot at that point you are done and can unplug from the computer.

Thanks for help

But what i'm spouse to do with Twisted V7 it is on sd card, should I install it or what?
Can you tell us. And I'm now working with this.

aurfawce

Sep 9, 2007
This work with ALL carriers that way? So I can do this with a g900v and put the AT&T rom on it and be good?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Save it to your desktop.
    After it installs re-boot directly to Download Mode and plug your phone to your computer (if using FlashFire you need to select reboot to download mode before you flash or you'll have to do it manually after an unsuccessful boot)
    This is great for people that want to buy the bootloader locked phone and use on T-Mobile instead of buying the T-Mobile bootloader unlocked phone. Why anyone would want to do that, though...

Free storage from Copy:
    https://copy.com?r=cScoov
    They are SIM unlocked.
    meaning theoretically you can throw in any SIM card from any carrier as long as your device supports it, and it should work without modifications.