[Q] Issue with Designing for Multiple Screens Android

Search This thread

pb_lead26

May 25, 2014
Eclipse has provided us with different qualifiers like size, ratio , etc. So when I select a qualifier, it provides us with the right emulator screen to make our layout. But are these emulators screen loaded under the right layout folder? I dont understand, how **Nexus 10 which is a xlarge screen size** is loaded when I load the activity_main under the **Normal layout** folder?

am I blindly arranging these layouts?
Because before this, I had arranged all layouts perfectly and when I went to run it on a Virtual Device, it looked a complete mess. I looked at the xml files and they were completely in the wrong places.

I have used qualifiers like :
*normal-long
normal-notlong
large-long
large-notlong
small-long
small-notlong
xlarge-long
xlarge-notlong*

Should I change the qualifiers? Please suggest.

Reactions: yoohoo55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Eclipse has provided us with different qualifiers like size, ratio , etc. So when I select a qualifier, it provides us with the right emulator screen to make our layout. But are these emulators screen loaded under the right layout folder? I dont understand, how **Nexus 10 which is a xlarge screen size** is loaded when I load the activity_main under the **Normal layout** folder?

am I blindly arranging these layouts?
    Because before this, I had arranged all layouts perfectly and when I went to run it on a Virtual Device, it looked a complete mess. I looked at the xml files and they were completely in the wrong places.

I have used qualifiers like :
    *normal-long
    normal-notlong
    large-long
    large-notlong
    small-long
    small-notlong
    xlarge-long
    xlarge-notlong*

Should I change the qualifiers? Please suggest.