[STOCK] XT720 sbf firmwares (UK, It, Fr, US, Ge, CE, SEA, Sg, Ru)

Search This thread

hermes76

Mar 2, 2011
West Coast
I'm all confused about the flashing & rooting, do they mean the same thing?

My phone's rooted to 2.2.1, can I still flash? what will flashing do to my phone? why would pple want to flash back to stock?? what happen when the phone is bricked?

Now on flashing,

1) I've installed RSDlite4.6 on my pc & download singapore_STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_USASHLSTBRTINT_P029_A014_HWp3_1FF_

2) I connect the USB from my phone to my PC in Charged Only mode

3) I off my phone, run RSDLite4.6, open the .sbf

4) then I hold on Vol+ & Camera shoot button & power up the phone

5) what's next from here? are the above steps correct?

youbaoer

Apr 4, 2009
I'm all confused about the flashing & rooting, do they mean the same thing?

My phone's rooted to 2.2.1, can I still flash? what will flashing do to my phone? why would pple want to flash back to stock?? what happen when the phone is bricked?

Now on flashing,

1) I've installed RSDlite4.6 on my pc & download singapore_STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_USASHLSTBRTINT_P029_A014_HWp3_1FF_

2) I connect the USB from my phone to my PC in Charged Only mode

3) I off my phone, run RSDLite4.6, open the .sbf

4) then I hold on Vol+ & Camera shoot button & power up the phone

5) what's next from here? are the above steps correct?

Normally, you do not need to enter "bootloader" mode. "power"+"media", then "volume down"( maybe not right).
Connect your phone and pc with usb cable, connecting method(charging, sd, ...) doesnot matter. If rsd lite can show your phone, you can flash the firmwares.

cheeksterr

Oct 11, 2010
Korean 2.2 latest sbf needed

Hi I have motoroi xt 720 unlocked in uk on 2.1

i would like to upgrade to latest 2.2 anyone got a working link or mirror please

thanks in advance

Also is it possible to edit the phone that was flashed with korean rom, to use 2g/3g in UK this is only thing i cannot do hence cannot send a MMS message. it will make calls and send a SMS tho ???

any help on that would be greatly received.

Last edited:

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
Milestone XT720 rom for India

Hi all,
can anybody suggest me a sfb file and link for Milestone XT720 which can work for India. I got a phone from Korea in Korean language.

whitewulf

Dec 2, 2007
Wind mobile

I would like to have the original wind rom before trying froyo... is there anyway I can extract it from my phone? I would then put it up here for anyone who wants it of course.

TG2008

Dec 2, 2007
+1 for WindMobile Firmware...

Could someone please please please... upload (or PM me and Email me) the WIND Xt720 firmware?

Most appreciated :)

Thanks~

philodox

Dec 30, 2010
For wind, just use the us brightpoint sbf as someone suggested to me above. I've installed that and it is working perfectly fine.

hermes76

Mar 2, 2011
West Coast
Normally, you do not need to enter "bootloader" mode. "power"+"media", then "volume down"( maybe not right).
Connect your phone and pc with usb cable, connecting method(charging, sd, ...) doesnot matter. If rsd lite can show your phone, you can flash the firmwares.

This is what i get, couldn't click on the Start...pls help!

Picture1.jpg

Last edited:

lazyboy1692

Dec 4, 2010
This is what i get, couldn't click on the Start...pls help!

Picture1.jpg

same case here,
sometimes that happened to me, but, for US CB, seems like it's always like that,
i have flashed my XT with US CB two times,
but unfortunately, now i can't flash to US CB anymore, can't click the start,

so i flash to UK, but sometimes it happened to UK sbf also,
but it seems like since i use UK, i can't overclocke to 1GHz 56vsel, always cause bootloop if i set it on boot :(

hermes76

Mar 2, 2011
West Coast
managed to install a RSDlite4.9 but somehow it still shows as 4.6...

anyway, I could click on START now but the flashing failed...i'm going crazy getting my 2nd partition done...pls see my attachment

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 182

whitewulf

Dec 2, 2007
For wind, just use the us brightpoint sbf as someone suggested to me above. I've installed that and it is working perfectly fine.

yes thanks, someone had suggested that and I'm sure its very functional, but so is the froyo upgrade from what I hear. :rolleyes:

I'm actually holding out before flashing to froyo till I can get my hands on the wind firmware... mostly as this phone is A. still under warranty and B. Buggy as hell. I would hate for it to finally give out on me and be told I'm SOL because I modified it by flashing it with the brightpoint firmware. I take it from the silence in the room that no one knows how to extract the Wind firmware from a phone then? I'd be willing to spend hours friking around trying to do just that if someone could suggest how to begin.

I really don't want to wait for his warranty to run out before having a phone with flash baked in, Oh well better than waiting for Motorola to actually support their products. ;)

hellmonger

Oct 9, 2010
Laval
yes thanks, someone had suggested that and I'm sure its very functional, but so is the froyo upgrade from what I hear. :rolleyes:

I'm actually holding out before flashing to froyo till I can get my hands on the wind firmware... mostly as this phone is A. still under warranty and B. Buggy as hell. I would hate for it to finally give out on me and be told I'm SOL because I modified it by flashing it with the brightpoint firmware. I take it from the silence in the room that no one knows how to extract the Wind firmware from a phone then? I'd be willing to spend hours friking around trying to do just that if someone could suggest how to begin.

I really don't want to wait for his warranty to run out before having a phone with flash baked in, Oh well better than waiting for Motorola to actually support their products. ;)

There is curentlty no way to dump the ROM due to the signatures AKA locked bootloader....

R-D

Dec 19, 2010

Just DO NOT flash any SBF to your phone, it is unnecessary. Then you don't need to worry about flashing back as you've not changed the original ROM.

Just make sure you do a full Nandroid backup before you apply a custom FroYo Nandroid image then if you need to go back, you simply restore your Nandroid backup.

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Just DO NOT flash any SBF to your phone, it is unnecessary. Then you don't need to worry about flashing back as you've not changed the original ROM.

Just make sure you do a full Nandroid backup before you apply a custom FroYo Nandroid image then if you need to go back, you simply restore your Nandroid backup.

This will give your stock ROM but it will be rooted so if you're taking it in for service that could still be an issue. Also I thought I read somewhere that OTA updates might not work on a rooted phone though I'm not 100% sure on that.

JM2C

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
This will give your stock ROM but it will be rooted so if you're taking it in for service that could still be an issue. Also I thought I read somewhere that OTA updates might not work on a rooted phone though I'm not 100% sure on that.

JM2C

There are procedures to "unroot" the phone.

Reactions: aryseger

Top Liked Posts