STRAIGHT TALK SIM APN SETTINGS (AT&T BASED, NOT T-Mobile)

Search This thread

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
I know this thread is old as hell, but to new users who are considering going with Straight Talk (ST), I suggest you do it. Its way cheaper than AT&T and you still get their coverage and not to mention unlimited data**. You can get the Straight Talk SIM card via their Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program. You can get it at their website.

**You get unlimited data as long as you don't abuse your data connection.

Oh and if you are having trouble trying to get data/mms working on your cappy with ST, here are the APN settings.

1. Download APN Back up/ restore from the Play Store

Name: ST (or whatever you want)
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http:// mmsc. cingular. com (no spaces)
MMSC proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: Not set
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Not specified

I use this with Froyo, Gingerbread, and ICS. It works perfectly!

Cheers and let me know if this helps you out. :)

UPDATE: 06302014
ST ATT 4G LTE APNs

ze8egepy.jpg

pypuma3a.jpg

5ybyhama.jpg

Last edited:

h60cruchief

Apr 24, 2012
Re:ST

I just got a Samsung sch-i727 put in ST sim and reloaded it since I had let it expire. Set apn up and I am now getting hspa+ expanded 4g signal. Fastest speed so far is 3.5mb. I highly recommend.

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
so I've got the n9000 Note.. and under APN type I don't have the option for default,supl,mms... just internet+mms, Internet and MMS. ?

Bug177

Oct 10, 2011
Jacksonville, Fl
I use Straight Talk myself. Anyone find a way to down load APN backup and restore without using wifi? I would like to change ROM away from home, but don't know how to get data working without that app.

Reactions: monho

tlc08071

Feb 18, 2011
Paulsboro
I know this thread is old as hell, but to new users who are considering going with Straight Talk (ST), I suggest you do it. Its way cheaper than AT&T and you still get their coverage and not to mention unlimited data**. You can get the Straight Talk SIM card via their Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program. You can get it at their website.

Oh and if you are having trouble trying to get data/mms working on your cappy with ST, here are the APN settings.

MMSC: http: mmsc. cingular. com
(**no spaces and no"//"**)

Thank you for the info. I did want to ask though if you can direct me to the forum post that explains whats needed to be done to flash my pantech burst P9070 at&t phone to Straight Talk?? I moved to Greensburg Kentucky and trying to find a service that will work on my phone in this area.

codyrt

Feb 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There is no need to flash your phone, as long as it runs android, you just follow the instructions above. Also straight talk has realized that people will do this anyways so now you can just buy a straight talk SIM card from their website and I'm sure they have instructions too.

Reactions: tlc08071

scourchaine

Apr 18, 2006
Harrisburg
HTC HD2 converted to Straight Talk

I followed the thread best I can for this, but my HD2 has diferrent sequence for input fields / cell blocks and I was unable to get it completed. The phone works well and the text works well, but no emails. I am a rookie at this technology, so be gentle on me. I purchased this outright at Walmart in 5/10 and the phone is unlocked.

I used this sequence: START > SEETINGS > MENU > ALL SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS > CONNECTIONS >
ADD NEW MODEM CONNECTION > ENTER NAME FOR CONNECTION (STRAIGHT TALK) > SELECT MODEM (GPRS). I completed this part.

ST provides the following instructions:
FIELD = SETTINGS
Name = straight Talk (completed)
APN = att.mvno (can not located this input field)
Proxy = proxy . mvno . tracfone . com (can not locate this input field)
Port = 80 (completed)
MMSC = http: // mmsc . cingular . com (can not locate this input field)
MMS Proxy = 66.209.11.33 (can not locate this input field)
MMS Port = 80 (can not locate this input field)

I really need to get this corrected. Then I would love to upgrade to newer Windows version.

Thanks A Ton - Scott

Mikecdm

Feb 26, 2011

MMSC: http: mmsc. cingular. com (**no spaces and no"//"**)

I can send mms but cannot receive mms. Everything else so far works. I've tried the settings listed here and none seem to work. I've tried with and with slashes. I've also tried the APN type setting. On my phone i have to manually enter the values listed aboce there is no drop down for that particular setting.

This on on my captivate running cm7.

Reactions: lenng

toddrosenberger

Aug 3, 2011
cincinnati
I can send mms but cannot receive mms. Everything else so far works. I've tried the settings listed here and none seem to work. I've tried with and with slashes. I've also tried the APN type setting. On my phone i have to manually enter the values listed aboce there is no drop down for that particular setting.

This on on my captivate running cm7.

Did you ever figure out how to recieve mms? I think it has something to do with cm roms, ive had this problem with cm7 and now cm9 on my gs3. THanks

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
All of a sudden lately my MMS have not been coming through. I just get a message that says I have a "download". When I click on it then it changes to "downloading" but after a few seconds goes back to either "download" or I get a message that I cannot retrieve the message.

I have gotten this a few times when I send myself an MMS just to test it. Im on AOKP milestone 6 and I think this started happening right after I upgraded to that. Last night I flashed back to JB 4.1 and it was still happening, so now I dont know what to do.

DBCOOPER1971

Aug 14, 2012
Indianapolis
All of a sudden lately my MMS have not been coming through. I just get a message that says I have a "download". When I click on it then it changes to "downloading" but after a few seconds goes back to either "download" or I get a message that I cannot retrieve the message.

I have gotten this a few times when I send myself an MMS just to test it. Im on AOKP milestone 6 and I think this started happening right after I upgraded to that. Last night I flashed back to JB 4.1 and it was still happening, so now I dont know what to do.

I have an HTC One X international on straight talk. Over the weekend August 11 to current, my data has been randomly disconnecting and same with mms. Every time someone sends me one, it says download but nothing happens after that.

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
I have an HTC One X international on straight talk. Over the weekend August 11 to current, my data has been randomly disconnecting and same with mms. Every time someone sends me one, it says download but nothing happens after that.

Ok, so its not just me. Yes, it only just started happening within the last several days. I just spent an hour on the phone with google support trying to figure it out. Ended up doing a full reset and putting the phone back the way I want it right now but I still get the same MMS issue. At this point it has to be on ST's end of things.

DBCOOPER1971

Aug 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Ok, so its not just me. Yes, it only just started happening within the last several days. I just spent an hour on the phone with google support trying to figure it out. Ended up doing a full reset and putting the phone back the way I want it right now but I still get the same MMS issue. At this point it has to be on ST's end of things.

Everything worked just fine until the weekend here in Indianapolis. I dug up a forum from 2011 on Howard Forum with similar issues but didn't want to respond to an old post.

And lately while browsing the web on data, I get an unable to connect to network error. If I refresh the page, it eventually goes.

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
Everything fine up here in Minneapolis St. Paul on Straight Talk. Streaming Pandora 20 minues here, browse the web, check Facebook all without any hault.

I'm using a separate APN setting specifically just for MMS and works great. I then have a 2nd setting to get data connection.

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
Everything fine up here in Minneapolis St. Paul on Straight Talk. Streaming Pandora 20 minues here, browse the web, check Facebook all without any hault.

I'm using a separate APN setting specifically just for MMS and works great. I then have a 2nd setting to get data connection.

I have no problems with calls or data or streaming or anything other than not getting MMS at all. Would you kindly share your APN settings?

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
Here are the APN settings I used specifically to get just MMS: http://wirevalley.com/straight-talk-day-1/

When you enter in these APN MMS settings, you won't be able to physically "select" this APN setting. However, it still tells the phone how to route MMS properly.

Post your results! Let me know what you find out.

P.S. - I'm also using Android... hopefully you are too. Otherwise, not sure if the results will be the same.

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
Here are the APN settings I used specifically to get just MMS: http://wirevalley.com/straight-talk-day-1/

When you enter in these APN MMS settings, you won't be able to physically "select" this APN setting. However, it still tells the phone how to route MMS properly.

Post your results! Let me know what you find out.

P.S. - I'm also using Android... hopefully you are too. Otherwise, not sure if the results will be the same.

Ive tried different combinations of APN's. Ill try this one and see how it goes. Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, Im on Android, Galaxy Nexus specifically but found this thread and figured Id post in it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MMSC: http:// mmsc. cingular. com (no spaces)

UPDATE: 06302014
    ST ATT 4G LTE APNs

ze8egepy.jpg

pypuma3a.jpg

5ybyhama.jpg
    What apn settings do you have I tried many and still not working

The ones in the OP.
    Stay under 2gb month 100mb a day and they will not call you! Get on Howard forums to straight talk sub forum to learn more about the BYOD Sims

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
    I use Straight Talk myself. Anyone find a way to down load APN backup and restore without using wifi? I would like to change ROM away from home, but don't know how to get data working without that app.
    How did you get the new sim card? Did you call customer service? Great to hear!

Yes way too many calls to CS. One they were going to ship me a new one but the dept to ship them was closed. Had to call again and go though everything thing again and they didn't want to ship me one. Then finally on another call they shipped me one. Super annoying. I was about ready to dump them and switch to AIO wireless... saving $5 a month wasn't worth it.

If they try and get rid of you ask for a reference number when you call back..