[ROM][4.1.2][UNOFFICIAL]Evervolv 3.1.0[2014-19-08]

Search This thread

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
iblmPxgwhFvRrN.jpg

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

NOTE: AS THIS IS THE FIRST RELEASE, DON'T EXPECT A STABLE BUILD. ALSO, I HAVE A REAL LIFE, SO I WILL BUILD WHEN I'M FREE.

Hi guys!
Sorry for waiting so long for this ROM, but now it is here! The Evervolv 3.1.0 Jellybean 4.1.2 for HTC Buzz! :D

Bugs:

-Same as CM10! :good:
-You tell me! (If you find a bug, please make a reply with a full bug report.)

Downloads:

-Build 1
-Gapps

Source:

Device tree(kernel is prebuilt and included there): https://github.com/GeekyDroid/android_device_htc_buzz

Credits:

-Evervolv Team
-ErwinP
-bennii
-kylon
-Adhi1419
-forever king

Please don't kill me, if I forgot someone! :D

Last edited:

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Changelog

F.A.Q

Q: My device reboots into recovery after flashing the ROM! What to do?
A: Do not use any custom MTD Partitions!The system partition gets pretty full in Jelly Bean!

Q: I'm facing Media lag!What to do?
A: Disable touch sounds from sound Settings!- Thanks to Wasimk32 for this Post!

Q: My device is lagging a lot!What to do?
A: Download "No-frills CPU Control" from Playstore and overclock your CPU! For better battery backup select SmartassV2 in "Governor".

Last edited:

Spardantex

Jul 3, 2012
Italy
Head of to this thread. There are the bugs listed. I found some other bugs, which I'll fix in the next build. :)

After using the rom for a little bit of time: the rom is really stable, but is a little slow(I use max cpu freq at 632mhz). The locker, the appdrawer open/close, recents app are slow on responding. There is no camera app! Good battery life. FC in setting->themes

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
After using the rom for a little bit of time: the rom is really stable, but is a little slow(I use max cpu freq at 632mhz). The locker, the appdrawer open/close, recents app are slow on responding. There is no camera app! Good battery life. FC in setting->themes

Thank you very much for your review! I think that's actually the concept of this ROM. Good battery life! Yes, there is no camera app. Download a third party camera app from playstore. I think this ROM doesn't have theme option. I'm gonna exclude it in the next build. Or maybe our device doesn't support it.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Wow ! Congrats first. Well nice to see here in our forms new ROM. Well users already reported the best of bugs. Well I will try when I will return home. I am so happy that sasa you did this in such a short time span. Nice eager to try this when I will return home...
Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: GeekyDroid

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Wow ! Congrats first. Well nice to see here in our forms new ROM. Well users already reported the best of bugs. Well I will try when I will return home. I am so happy that sasa you did this in such a short time span. Nice eager to try this when I will return home...

Thanks for your support, man! Happy to see your review soon. :)

Reactions: methuselah

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Well I downloaded the ROM and checked it. Very clean built though. Evervolv functions are sort of same as cyanogen ROMS. Rom is good but it lags. I mean it's not ROM fault its slow wildfire that is the doing this. Got no gpu.
Something I find and may be reported here already.
1. Lockscreen preview inside evervolv menu needs resizing I think . while you try to check them it shows but not fully. Well this is not s big option.
2. As you already said themes does not work.
3. Music played softly until nothing else is opened. When you try to open any thing while music player is opened it lags.
4. Video is not playing. I mean I can hear sound properly but there is no pic.
5. Bluetooth does not receive apks. Bluetooth reject the apps which I send . overall nice Rom.
I know you will not add file manager as you created this from source. .. Well add camera apk in next built brother. Hope I gave proper review. Best of luck for next built..

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Well I downloaded the ROM and checked it. Very clean built though. Evervolv functions are sort of same as cyanogen ROMS. Rom is good but it lags. I mean it's not ROM fault its slow wildfire that is the doing this. Got no gpu.
1. Lockscreen preview inside evervolv menu needs resizing I think . while you try to check them it shows but not fully. Well this is not s big option.
3. Music played softly until nothing else is opened. When you try to open any thing while music player is opened it lags.
5. Bluetooth does not receive apks. Bluetooth reject the apps which I send . overall nice Rom.
I know you will not add file manager as you created this from source. .. Well add camera apk in next built brother. Hope I gave proper review. Best of luck for next built..

Thank you very much for your review! :)
Okay, will add camera apk in next build. Maybe we can do something about perfomence? I will try something, which is risky but worth. It's called -O3 optimizations in build folder. It will increase performence, but it will be unstablier I think. I will try and report soon!

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Well take your time... No issues .... Test and bring it on for testing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iblmPxgwhFvRrN.jpg

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE: AS THIS IS THE FIRST RELEASE, DON'T EXPECT A STABLE BUILD. ALSO, I HAVE A REAL LIFE, SO I WILL BUILD WHEN I'M FREE.

Hi guys!
    Sorry for waiting so long for this ROM, but now it is here! The Evervolv 3.1.0 Jellybean 4.1.2 for HTC Buzz! :D

Bugs:

-Same as CM10! :good:
    -You tell me! (If you find a bug, please make a reply with a full bug report.)

Downloads:

-Build 1
    -Gapps

Source:

Device tree(kernel is prebuilt and included there): https://github.com/GeekyDroid/android_device_htc_buzz

Credits:

-Evervolv Team
    -ErwinP
    -bennii
    -kylon
    -Adhi1419
    -forever king

Please don't kill me, if I forgot someone! :D

Thank you very much for your review! :)
    Okay, will add camera apk in next build. Maybe we can do something about perfomence? I will try something, which is risky but worth. It's called -O3 optimizations in build folder. It will increase performence, but it will be unstablier I think. I will try and report soon!
    Changelog

Changelog

Code:
    [U][B]Build 1:[/B][/U]

-Initial Release!
    Changelog

F.A.Q

Q: My device reboots into recovery after flashing the ROM! What to do?
    A: Do not use any custom MTD Partitions!The system partition gets pretty full in Jelly Bean!

Q: I'm facing Media lag!What to do?
    A: Disable touch sounds from sound Settings!- Thanks to Wasimk32 for this Post!

Q: My device is lagging a lot!What to do?
    A: Download "No-frills CPU Control" from Playstore and overclock your CPU! For better battery backup select SmartassV2 in "Governor".